Cabin Fever Reviews

• Mar 27, 2019

This movie is abysmal. I remember watching it with a group of my friends because it was Halloween (almost) and we wanted to get scared. Well... we were not. After about 2 minutes into the movie, I grabbed the remote, paused it, and said, "Okay what?" The cinematography was good, and the effects were stunning. Its clear that all the budget went there. Instead of being scared and horrified at the boy with the bunny mask biting one of the main characters, we literally had to pause it as I almost fell out of my bed...from laughter. The infamous try again scene succeed in being gross, but it was not scary. Overall this movie is definitely a watch if you have a large group of friends with you. -wyane

• Dec 12, 2018

I loved the 2002 version of this movie and decided to take a stab at the remake, since nothing was on and I didnt realize they made a new one. I soon realized there is a reason that I wasn't made aware. This movie is pretty much a shot for shot remake, except for a bit more gore, horrendous line delivery, and writing, and characters with enough personality to fill a teaspoon. Even with remakes of beloved originals, I try and find one positive thing about them. Honestly, there was none. Except the makeup department. I will give credit where credit is due and say that they make the infected look truely grotesque. But yeah. this movie was 99 minutes of my life that I will never see again and watching it made me almost feel like I was in Karen's shoes.....painful and begging someone to kill me.

• Nov 26, 2018

1/5. A completely unnecessary remake, this movie is basically the exact same as the original and adds nothing new to the series.

• Sep 08, 2018

the original was good, this is a shallow and lack luster remake, and totally necessary to boot

• Aug 08, 2018

A shot for shot schlockfest. The original Cabin Fever has more than enough detractors, understandably so. The combination of hyper campy explotation and spatterfest gore makes for an uncomfortably hour and a half (that's why I adore it) - in fact, as a unapologetic Eli Roth fanboy I find it hard to understand why Roth not only signed off on this unnecessary remake but also co-produced. The charm and camp of the original has been replaced by...well...I guess you could say it's gorier? There, half a start for a bit more blood. Ultimately this is a lifeless, irritatingly pointless excercise.

• Jul 22, 2018

I watched the remake of Cabin Fever (Netflix) last night and it was hilariously awful. OMG the plotholes, the useless characters, and even a shot where you see a crew member by accident. So bad.

• Jul 19, 2018

This remake is without doubt one of the worst films I've ever had the displeasure of enduring. Considering the original holds up well and didn't even need remaking, this seems like a waste of everyone's time and money.

• Jul 19, 2018

Absolutely shocking. Terrible acting, terrible directing, terrible plot. Just completely dreadful.

• Jul 14, 2018

Horribly gory, demented and gross.

Horribly gory, demented and gross.

• May 30, 2018

Nothing in this movie even tries to make sense.

Nothing in this movie even tries to make sense.