Carry on Teacher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carry on Teacher Reviews

January 15, 2015
Just a little monotonous. The jokes were surprisingly far and few between this time,
May 1, 2014
The third Carry On film, following on immediately from the successes of Carry On Sergeant (1958) and Carry On Nurse (1958), the series was starting to gain momentum, and for the third film, producer Peter Rogers, writer Norman Hudis and director Gerald Thomas decided to lampoon the formalities of the education system. It's a good little comedy, but still innocent compared to what was to come. Set at Maudlin Street Secondary Modern School, the headmaster William Wakefield (Ted Ray) has been there for 20 years, but he has seen an advert looking for a head of a brand new school which he applies for. But first, he has to oversee a Ministry of Education Inspector Felicity Wheeler (Rosalind Knight) and child psychologist Alistair Grigg (Leslie Phillips). Wakefield tells the teachers, including English teacher Edwin Milton (Kenneth Williams), music teacher Michael Bean (Charles Hawtrey), Maths teacher Grace Short (Hattie Jacques) and P.E. teacher Sarah Allcock (Joan Sims) of his plans to leave, but the pupils have other ideas. It's a very silly film, but it's a Carry On film with a heart, even though this is a school where the antics of the pupils would make the pupils of St. Trinians look like saints, they're doing it because they don't like change. There are some funny pranks and antics, and it's a joy to see the regulars having fun and being good sports.
½ March 22, 2014
One of the better Carry On's reasonably well written and involves a visit from the school inspectors. Apparently Michael Gove's education policies are based on this and are just as comical.
August 25, 2013
Enjoyable early Carry On with many of the original team and Ted Ray as the headmaster.
July 21, 2012
Better than the previous two, let's hope that this momentum continues (as I'm going to watch them chronologically).
September 14, 2011
good stuff in this # 3 in the "carry on" series.
½ July 10, 2011
one of my favourite carry on movies! it is a classic!!!!!
October 12, 2010
Great. A real old laugh. The established stars were by this time working well as a team and the young actors complimented them superbly. The story was excellent and ran through the moviewithout getting sidetracked by the slapstick.
½ July 20, 2010
An early (and reasonably fresh) addition to the Carry On movies.
mirabella1996
February 10, 2010
All of the Carry On films get 4 or 5 stars from me.
They have been a much-loved part of my life ever since I can remember.
½ December 27, 2009
Early entry into the Carry On series and doesnt quite follow the formula we have become used to - feels almost like a live action Bash Street Kids film!
July 16, 2009
I can't believe I hadn't seen this before, I loved it.
March 21, 2009
Have seen "Carry on Teacher" but not for a few years now.
March 17, 2009
need to see all the carry on films still.
February 18, 2009
Reckless students cause trouble for the teachers with a valient pay off at the end
½ January 1, 2009
Enjoyed this, from the start the carry on's early efforts got better and better (they went pair shaped at the end though).
November 14, 2008
Pretty good Norman Hudis script. Love Charlie Hawtrey as Mr Bean. Find myself siding with the Carry On gang instead of Richard O'Sullivan and his kiddy cohorts
September 10, 2008
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING
½ September 7, 2008
This is an early Carry on , has it's moments and very St Trinians like.
June 20, 2008
I'm a sucker for all the Carry On movies when you consider the double meanings that they got away with back in the 60's. A great silly laugh and nothing more.