Cars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars Reviews

Page 1 of 1951
June 30, 2016
Cars is a visually dazzling Pixar movie that has a bit more meaning in the visuals than style and overall story. But, don't let that fool you, because it still packs a big enough punch that is able to work even if some of it's comedy doesn't work and is forced at some moments and moments in general and characters, more towards Mater since he is voiced by Larry the Cable Guy but luckily they have some heart felt stuff for him to say that makes it work just enough to the point where you can either tolerate him or like him, depenfing on what type of person you are. But, all in all Cars is an enjoyable movie.
June 28, 2016
i love cars. but where was the bat mobile?
June 27, 2016
while cars is good. It's easy to say it's my least favorite Disney pixar film. And definitely not one the of the best films
June 25, 2016
Cars is the ride of your lifetime. This movie is brilliant and amazing. Cars takes you into the outside world of Pixar and it is amazing. The plot of this movie is heartwarming. Pixar has done it again. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ July 23, 2015
Boring! Yeah, there are people out there who are obsessed with cars, and they like to make them look good, but making them the focus of a movie? This is really weird! Paul Newman deserved a better send off than this!
½ September 8, 2015
We all know that Pixar is known for making so many great films, and almost every one of them previous to this film have been phenomenal. Since THE INCREDIBLES did so well, you'd think possibilities for story and characters would be endless for Pixar now that they know what to do with human characters. So, they thought it would be a great idea to do a movie about cars. Wait, what?

From the basis of that idea, it sounds terrible. We've seen the idea of vehicles come to life so many times before. Maybe they could do something with humans and do something creative with it because we all know that we manufactured cars. Oh, everything is a car in this world? Then how were these cars manufactured? How did they manage to build their own cities and towns... or anything? Why do they have eyes on their windshield instead of their headlights, wouldn't that make more sense? Why are some of the vehicles animals? Tractors as cows, a combine as a bull, Volkswagen Bugs as... bugs? You know, if you're going to make a movie about cars, you could at least make the jokes clever. There aren't even that many car jokes in this movie.

Also, the whole movie didn't even need to have cars come to life anyway, you could make them anything and it wouldn't matter. The film is basically your typical story of a guy who learns the value of hard work after getting dragged down from the high point of his career. I've seen that story and these characters so many times already. The moral has been done to death, too. The moral is that you should enjoy the values that life gives you and there's a lot more to it than just winning. So, the idea of having cars come to life was completely pointless and it doesn't make any sense with the rest of the story. And this movie is very long for an animated movie, almost two hours! It's easily one of the most boring Pixar films I've ever seen. I didn't even care about it as a kid, and this movie was aimed at my demographic.

I'm probably sounding like I hate this movie, but I really don't. I hear that this is what director John Lasseter always wanted to do, make a movie where cars come to life. I can respect that. I know a lot of people like this film and I can see why. It's very harmless, there's nothing offensive in it at all, and there aren't really any bad morals. The animation looks really nice. You can tell that they really wanted the cars to look good and move right. And the landscapes are beautiful to look at. But for my standpoint, I just found CARS kind of dumb. This movie is from Pixar, they are a lot smarter than this and they've proved they can do so much better. But I guess I'm just not the target audience. The demographic is mainly kids 10 & under, or people who are obsessed with cars. If you like the movie, great. I just could not get into it.

Grade: C
June 20, 2016
Surrounded by far superior Pixar movies in almost every aspect, it is hard to give a fair review when comparing to their incredibly high-bar. In terms of a decent story and characters we actually care about, it falters. However, in terms of a somewhat enjoyable animated flick - while not still being anywhere near Pixar's best - it is still nonetheless one we can swallow.
½ June 19, 2016
Cars is good. It isn't Pixar at it's best but it's Pixar at it's coziest
½ January 21, 2014
Not as bad as people say it is, well-animated and touching.
June 19, 2016
It's story may be somewhat half-assed, and it's world overly strange and ill-defined, but Cars is still a fun and exceptionally well animated ride that should please watchers of all ages.
July 13, 2007
The most boring and Forgettable Pixar effort. The animation is great and thematically it has a great message but Lightning McQueen is terribly unlikable for a protagonist and there's something that's unsettling about the premise of anthropomorphic cars living in their own world.
June 16, 2016
Cars might have a few plotholes, but it is one of the most entertaining Pixar movies of all, and definitely extremely heavy on the humor.
June 16, 2016
Cars may not be the best Pixar's ever done but is still a classic
June 15, 2016
The story of how an old town gone due to road change make me tear. It is so realistic, yet so unreal.
August 10, 2013
I like the concept of this movie, but "Cars" is an average at best.
½ May 21, 2015
Entertaining at best.
½ May 30, 2016
No just no come on Pixar you came from having an awesome the incredibles to a crap and f***in s*** movie called cars
½ June 13, 2011
So many people trash this film just because the plot is familiar and formulaic. Following a formula is not bad within itself, it is what is done with it that matters. This movie does the "big city guy in a small town" concept very well, and the novelty of seeing a world ruled by cars is pretty fun. The characters are surprisingly endearing and the animation remains as brilliant as with any Pixar effort.
May 22, 2016
Cars (2006) ???
D: John Lasseter, Joe Ranft. Owen Wilson, Larry The Cable Guy, Paul Newman, Bonnie Hunt. Slick, inventive Disney animated feature about cocky race car who gets lost one day and finds wonder to be hold even in a simple town. Animated film from Pixar is great to look at and a lot of fun, but somehow lacks the extra push of other Pixar films (maybe because there's less at stake, and no child-surrogate to identify with). Randy Newman sings "Our Town". Followed by a sequel.
½ December 22, 2015
Pixar takes a back-step after an Incredible movie, to making a mediocre attempt to sell merchandise
Page 1 of 1951