Cars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars Reviews

Page 1 of 1953
½ November 29, 2016
Cars is mostly a harmless, light-hearted effort from Pixar, even if it feels too much like Doc Hollywood and Days of Thunder.
November 25, 2016
Esto esta muy sobrevalorado
½ November 14, 2016
People say this movie is bad, but remember that it is for kids. Great story full of memorable characters that will find a spot in your heart and your memories.
October 22, 2016
Pretty good movie to watch, but there are a lot of other movies out there that are better
½ October 15, 2016
Very entertaining romp for the whole family. Plenty of action for the 2year olds and like all good Pixar films lots of nods to the adults. Touching homage to Route 66 with the fictitious Radiator Springs the main location. Interestingly enough Newman and McQueen are reunited for the first time since the Towering Inferno!
½ October 8, 2016
This movie gets a bit more hate than it deserves. It isn't great, but it's certainly decent. It's not even the worst of the Golden Era of Pixar in my opinion. It's the second worst.
October 5, 2016
Disney Pixar crafted the life of cars, which was not eager for the audience. it has its moments, but is not as memorable as some other movies.
September 26, 2016
Absolutely loved it, and loved the message it had too. Life truly is about the journey, not about what's waiting at the finish line. Blink to quickly and you'll find that life has already passed you by.
September 25, 2016
it is a perfectly good movie and it is entertaining
September 24, 2016
A really good entertaining Pixar movie ;)
September 3, 2016
One of my favorite pixar films yet, yes i know the plot is generic but that doesn't stop me from loving the heart filled talking cars.
½ August 22, 2016
Very Good memories From when I was little
½ August 20, 2016
Great, Pixar is great. Pixar makes the best animated movies. This one is not one of the greatest, but it is still entertaining. While Cars doesn't crash and burn Pixar's reputation, it does make you hope this is a one-off error. We start with Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) getting himself psyched up for the biggest race of his life: the Piston Cup. We are thrown right into the fast-paced world of car racing, which serves as our introduction to this world where cars have a civilization much like ours (allegedly the end result of the events of the "Pixar theory," which I recommend researching when you finish reading this review). After a thrilling race montage that continues establishing this world, we get to the last lap where Lightning McQueen's tires burst, and he ties with Dinoco's King (Richard Petty) and Hostile Takeover Corporation's Hick Chicks (Michael Keaton in a less heroic role), resulting in a special race that makes Lighting get into his transport truck Mack (John Ratzenberger), and force him to drive non-stop, and after accidentally falling out of Mack, Lightning rushes through the unfamiliar highway, where he stumbles across Route 66 and Radiator Springs. In a sequence that shows how obviously out-of-place he is, Lighting accidentally (and it clearly is unintentional to we the viewers, but they the characters don't see it that way) tears apart the road, and after Doc Hudson (Paul Newman) lets him go, Sally (Bonnie Hunt) the town lawyer prosecutes him into community service: repaving the road, which is where the movie (and the soundtrack compared to the song and Randy Newman's score) begins to slow down. Don't get me wrong, everything Lightning experiences in "Hillbilly Hell" happens (coincidence or otherwise) to teach him humility, carmanity, and other life lessons, as well as showing his bonding with Mater the Tow Truck (Larry the Cable Guy), and getting him to appreciate some of the simpler things in life, which still echoes a whole decade later on account of technology-related obsoletion of life's simpler joys. Cars may not come off as relatable, but Pixar makes transportation relatable, from showing the lines for the men's room and lady's room next to each other, to having cars with headlights use them to do the wave at the opening-act race. Each Radiator Springs resident has their moment, and the contrast between Sarge (Paul Dooley) and Fillmore (George Carlin), a military man and a hippie, proves to be my personal favorite contrast. As always, the animation is gorgeous, from light reflecting off the cars through lens flares that don't detract (you reading this JJ Abrams?), to the scenery that feels believable without seeming like a creepy attempt to simulate live-action. Randy Newman's score mixed with other songs, work like the movie itself: starts fast, slows down when the special race is announced, and gets even slower when Lightning ends up in "HIllbilly Hell," then revs up for the last act. A+ for showcasing that contrast, but F for execution, because it results in Pixar (and animation in general to my knowledge) making their longest movie to date (one hour and 56 minutes). That aside, Cars is one of Pixar's middle/lower-tier movies in my opinion; not an endearing classic like Finding Nemo or Toy Story, but a fun (albeit long) classic like Monsters University or A Bug's Life. But don't choose your Pixar movie to make good time, but choose your Pixar movie to have a good time.
½ August 19, 2016
This was My Childhood
August 8, 2016
I know this movie line by line! (almost) This is the favorite movie of my 2 year-old son! But I have to say: It's really good! The story and the cars and the music... Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts, really good!
Je connais toutes les répliques de ce film (ou presque)! C'était le film préféré d'Arnaud quand il était petit. Et je l'ai trouvé aussi très bon. L'histoire, les autos et la musique... Life is a Highway des Rascal Flatts, une très bonne version!
½ August 4, 2016
It's not the best Pixar film, but it sure isn't the worst. It's friendly, heartwarming, and all out fun, not to mention the actual races that come along with talking racecars. I always thought as a kid that cars made particular faces (the shape of the grill, the headlights, etc.) and I really have no doubt that this is what inspired the film, and it delivers a fun time.
August 2, 2016
Surrounded by far superior Pixar movies in almost every aspect, it is hard to give a fair review when comparing to their incredibly high-bar. In terms of a decent story and characters we actually care about, it falters. However, in terms of a somewhat enjoyable animated flick - while not still being anywhere near Pixar's best - it is still nonetheless one we can swallow.
Verdict: C+
July 30, 2016
Although the racing montages are fun, the rest of the plot is bland and boring
July 27, 2016
I admit it's not the strongest plot but before I was in school I watched this literally every day. So for fond memories of good movie it deserves... (Look above).
July 26, 2016
In my opinion, Cars is underrated.
Such a beautiful movie with a big heart, lovable characters, awesome racing scenes, and great CGI. The ending was very heart-warming and inspiring, too.
Score: 8.5/10 (Great).