Cars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars Reviews

Page 1 of 1952
July 25, 2016
Original, funny, clever. Very good.
July 18, 2016
Even though the sequel turned everyone against this franchise, it doesn't make the original film any less good. Five stars all around.
July 17, 2016
cars is a great kids movie, with great animation and unforgettable characters. kids will love it, and you will have fun too....altough not as good as other pixar films, still very worth movie to see with the family
½ July 16, 2016
Cars is not the best idea Pixar has done but it's not the worst idea they have came up with. The film has a few things that make it good like the animation, a few of the characters, the music & songs, the cast is alright and some of the jokes in there are good.
The downsides to this film is once again the villain which is the character Chick I feel like they wanted to make him a big douche bag if that's what they were going for then great job Pixar. And also that a idea of a world where everyone is a car, a pit stop car, truck, a boat or a plane is not a very creative idea. And the one thing that disappointed me was that it was directed by John Lasseter the same guy who did the first two Toy Story's and A Bug's Life it's shocking to say the least. Don't make me wrong I do like this film I just think if they added a bit more to it the film would be higher up on my list of favourite Pixar films then again all of them are my favourites.
Anyways aside from the problems this film had I still like the film but not as much as the other Pixar films before and after this movie. I give Cars a 7.0 out of 10 not the best that Pixar has done but not the worst they've done as well.
July 15, 2016
Cars raises the Pixar bar even higher. This movie is down to earth and hilarious. The plot is great because you never see a big shot celebrity like Lightning McQueen ending up in a small city like Radiator Springs and wanting to stay there. I would recommend this movie to anyone.
July 7, 2016
Cars is the ride of a lifetime. This movie is brilliant and amazing. Cars takes you into the outside world of Pixar and it is amazing. The plot of this movie is heartwarming. Pixar has done it again. I would very much suggest this movie.
July 6, 2016
A fun fresh film that has some funny moments but tends to drag in the middle and lose its momentum, Like all animations these days it's predictable but fun, Nothing more nothing less.
June 30, 2016
Cars is a visually dazzling Pixar movie that has a bit more meaning in the visuals than style and overall story. But, don't let that fool you, because it still packs a big enough punch that is able to work even if some of it's comedy doesn't work and is forced at some moments and moments in general and characters, more towards Mater since he is voiced by Larry the Cable Guy but luckily they have some heart felt stuff for him to say that makes it work just enough to the point where you can either tolerate him or like him, depenfing on what type of person you are. But, all in all Cars is an enjoyable movie.
June 28, 2016
i love cars. but where was the bat mobile?
June 27, 2016
while cars is good. It's easy to say it's my least favorite Disney pixar film. And definitely not one the of the best films
½ June 23, 2016
Boring! Yeah, there are people out there who are obsessed with cars, and they like to make them look good, but making them the focus of a movie? This is really weird! Paul Newman deserved a better send off than this!
½ June 23, 2016
We all know that Pixar is known for making so many great films, and almost every one of them previous to this film have been phenomenal. Since THE INCREDIBLES did so well, you'd think possibilities for story and characters would be endless for Pixar now that they know what to do with human characters. So, they thought it would be a great idea to do a movie about cars. Wait, what?

From the basis of that idea, it sounds terrible. We've seen the idea of vehicles come to life so many times before. Maybe they could do something with humans and do something creative with it because we all know that we manufactured cars. Oh, everything is a car in this world? Then how were these cars manufactured? How did they manage to build their own cities and towns... or anything? Why do they have eyes on their windshield instead of their headlights, wouldn't that make more sense? Why are some of the vehicles animals? Tractors as cows, a combine as a bull, Volkswagen Bugs as... bugs? You know, if you're going to make a movie about cars, you could at least make the jokes clever. There aren't even that many car jokes in this movie.

Also, the whole movie didn't even need to have cars come to life anyway, you could make them anything and it wouldn't matter. The film is basically your typical story of a guy who learns the value of hard work after getting dragged down from the high point of his career. I've seen that story and these characters so many times already. The moral has been done to death, too. The moral is that you should enjoy the values that life gives you and there's a lot more to it than just winning. So, the idea of having cars come to life was completely pointless and it doesn't make any sense with the rest of the story. And this movie is very long for an animated movie, almost two hours! It's easily one of the most boring Pixar films I've ever seen. I didn't even care about it as a kid, and this movie was aimed at my demographic.

I'm probably sounding like I hate this movie, but I really don't. I hear that this is what director John Lasseter always wanted to do, make a movie where cars come to life. I can respect that. I know a lot of people like this film and I can see why. It's very harmless, there's nothing offensive in it at all, and there aren't really any bad morals. The animation looks really nice. You can tell that they really wanted the cars to look good and move right. And the landscapes are beautiful to look at. But for my standpoint, I just found CARS kind of dumb. This movie is from Pixar, they are a lot smarter than this and they've proved they can do so much better. But I guess I'm just not the target audience. The demographic is mainly kids 10 & under, or people who are obsessed with cars. If you like the movie, great. I just could not get into it.

Grade: C
June 20, 2016
Surrounded by far superior Pixar movies in almost every aspect, it is hard to give a fair review when comparing to their incredibly high-bar. In terms of a decent story and characters we actually care about, it falters. However, in terms of a somewhat enjoyable animated flick - while not still being anywhere near Pixar's best - it is still nonetheless one we can swallow.
½ June 19, 2016
Cars is good. It isn't Pixar at it's best but it's Pixar at it's coziest
½ June 19, 2016
Not as bad as people say it is, well-animated and touching.
June 19, 2016
It's story may be somewhat half-assed, and it's world overly strange and ill-defined, but Cars is still a fun and exceptionally well animated ride that should please watchers of all ages.
June 17, 2016
The most boring and Forgettable Pixar effort. The animation is great and thematically it has a great message but Lightning McQueen is terribly unlikable for a protagonist and there's something that's unsettling about the premise of anthropomorphic cars living in their own world.
June 16, 2016
Cars might have a few plotholes, but it is one of the most entertaining Pixar movies of all, and definitely extremely heavy on the humor.
June 16, 2016
Cars may not be the best Pixar's ever done but is still a classic
Page 1 of 1952