Cars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars Reviews

Page 1 of 1954
April 22, 2017
I don't know why so many people dislike this movie. I think the only bad thing about this was some of the characters, but overall this is a fun film with a very good message.
½ April 5, 2017
While Cars has very satisfying animation, the story is very dull, and a few of the characters fall flat during some of their comedic efforts.
½ April 5, 2017
Very entertaining! This was a brilliant movie which had some really good messages and a deep level of emotions & Feelings to offer to it's audience.
"Cars" may be 11 years old as of 2017, but it's still an enjoyable & worthwhile watch.
April 3, 2017
I enjoyed this movie, but then again, I'm a car buff. Loved how the older stock cars were rendered. Tractor tipping, ha!
½ March 29, 2017
I didn't fancy Cars. It is just too "kiddy" for me. If there were actually SOMEONE in the cars, I would have personally enjoyed it. That and the unamusing plot.
½ March 26, 2017
While formulaic in its storytelling, Cars is, personally, an underrated film. While not one of Pixar's best films, Cars is still entertaining and fun enough to make me want to watch it again.
March 20, 2017
Fun movie for me and my brother as kids.
March 16, 2017
Never really liked talking cars much. Wonderful animation though.
February 22, 2017
5 Stars and Entertaining.
February 21, 2017
I gotta say, I love this movie
February 20, 2017
looks ssssssooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!
February 14, 2017
Cars is not bad but lacking, it's a fine kids movie it's god good things, great animation, great characters and good acting, the problem is the writing and the script, that's it, 6/10
February 13, 2017
we need more free food
February 5, 2017
When you watch the movie "Cars" you and you are from the Ozarks you feel a connection. The ways that the characters from Radiator Springs speak, act, and live are so familiar feeling. There are some characters who are more educated than other or who are able to do work that others could not. That is just how it is here in the Ozarks, there are many different people who live in this are but, we need all of those people because if we were missing one of those parts we would not function as we are now. Working together to get through the rough times is how they survive. They are there to help assist and encourage each other.
I would give this movie a five out of five stars because it is a movie that touches close to me and I believe that it is a movie that, no matter what your age is, anyone can enjoy this movie. There are parts of this movie that anyone can take from to learn or simply appreciate. I believe that every person can relate, at least a little, to one of the characters.
The major theme of this movie is that you can connect to someone no matter how different you are because in the end we really have more in common than we usually think. This movie showed me that people who come from different places and seem to be so different but in the end, if you pull together, that group can make something great. I have noticed that we seem to bypass things that use to be so important because it takes too long. Personally, I enjoy taking the long ride (sight seeing) because I like to take a step back and see what most never will because they are too worried about time. Why does it matter if you have "all the time in the world" if you do nothing with it. I could not imagine going through life worried only about the little moment, like Lightening McQueen in the beginning, because then you will never enjoy the small things, as Mator shows.
The characters in this movie, though it may be a cartoon, remind me of many people that I know. My friends and family could make up the fine people of Radiator Springs because it is so accurate for the people in this area. I believe that the characters are very believable; in fact, I learned that the characters are loosely based on real people. My husband reminds me a lot of Doc because he knows more than he lets on but he will also show people what he can do when he feels that he needs to. My husband works his normal job, does mechanic work on the side, and is always there for people when they are in need.
The music in this movie has a way of speaking to the people as they watch the movie. I very rarely feel a connection to a movie because not many movies can capture the feeling of living in an area like the Ozarks. There are people who come here and believe that we are nothing but simple rednecks who know nothing because of how we speak or do certain things. It is important for people to realize that just because the people in smaller towns may do things different doesn't meant that it is wrong.
"Cars" is a movie that can touch the lives of many. I believe that this movie is something that can show people a new way of thinking when they see someone who may be different. Even those people that you see as "bad" can change if given the chance and shown the beauty in what is around them.
February 3, 2017
I like the concept of this movie, but "Cars" is an average at best. The only thing I can't stand is Mater. He is annoying and not funny because he is voiced by Larry the Cable Guy (who I am not a fan of at all). But I think it is not too bad nonetheless.
January 31, 2017
In my opinion, this movie reminds me of The Incredibles because they have the same running time
½ January 28, 2017
Why does this film even exist? I need to know what was on the creators' minds, how did this idea jump up in their head. Was it to attract the strictly boy-audience, cause it sure did that. There are some nice messages in there, but they are all lost in the visuals. The visuals were stunning, don't get me wrong, computer animation is doing wonders, but living cars? Seriously? With no explanation whatsoever? I don't know, I guess a younger audience falls for this kind of stuff and I undertsand it must be fine for its target audience, but honeslty I can't look past the ridiculousness of it all. Judging by the fact that this became a franchise of its own, no one will care about the haters, so yeah, I'm gonna weep in silence, thinking of Pixar's and Disney's glorious days!
January 16, 2017
Grade: A+. As a NASCAR fan, I loved this movie as a little kid. This movie is great because of the long lasting enjoyment of it. If I were too watch it today (about ten years after seening it for the first time) I would still find my self enjoying every second of it.
January 15, 2017
Deep themes and great jokes compensate for the predictable story.
½ January 14, 2017
Watching with my kids had improved my estimation of this one. It's obvious, but well done within those restraints.
Page 1 of 1954