Cars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars Reviews

Page 1 of 1956
July 21, 2017
The critics want us to hate this film I say defy them Long Live John Lasseter!
July 17, 2017
Lots of casual misogyny, hero characters are selfish and shirk responsibility for their actions, and there's a weird insulting theme suggesting that city folks have sad lives and don't know what they're missing in small towns. The only reason I don't rate it the lowest I can is that it's visually gorgeous and the animations are really impressive.
July 17, 2017
Pretty much the Pixar answer to Michael Bay. Why not have cutesy animated cars, a shallow story, and lots of corporate influence? The one Pixar movie that misses the mark.
July 7, 2017
Good Message, nice expanding characters and a amazing Main character. Each and every character feels as if they have a purpose. The races really introduce you to the feeling and motivation of each and every race car...and Lighting McQueen's goal to beginning to end is just done so well! Strip Weather's character is a hit as well. And Radiator Springs environment is well constructed and it's past is outstanding.
July 3, 2017
When I saw cars 3 a week ago I realized how much better it was than the 2 one and the first one. I saw this movie again and realized....this movie especially the box office kept this franchise going and it's getting Worser too better.
½ July 3, 2017
Pretty thoughtful story about a rookie who thinks too highly of himself and is pretty rude to others. However, he has a chance circumstance stumbling across a modest little town full of colorful, humble characters full of heart and spunk. It definitely isn't one of Pixar's greatest movies and seems to be geared mostly toward young boys rather than the entire family. But there were some good lessons to be learned all the same.
July 3, 2017
7/2/2017 (2): A pretty decent movie. A fun interesting plot. Not many really funny parts though.
July 3, 2017
The beautiful CGI, great voice acting, great story, good premise make this film a true staple in the works of Pixar.
July 2, 2017
It may be the weakest Pixar effort, at least up to the time of its release but a weak Pixar effort is like driving the lowest end Mercedes. It's still a Benz and still better than driving the best of some other car companies.
July 2, 2017
My favorite Pixar movie
July 1, 2017
Such an amazing film very funny I own it own Blue Ray
June 30, 2017
Overlong, thinly written in comparison to its predecessors and, in the words of the late Roger Ebert, "lacking the extra push of other Pixar films", Cars still boasts enough of the typical Pixar visual dazzle, some great heart and a couple of sight gags that ought to make anyone obsessed with cars wet themselves in excitement -OK, that's a bit exaggerative - back the film up. Owen Wilson also does a bang-up job of voicing Lightning McQueen. Larry the Cable Guy is mostly there to appeal to the kiddies, though. The end result, you say? An above-average animated flick that may not boast the charm of Toy Story, the humour of Monsters Inc., the adventurous feel of Finding Nemo or the more-than-mild amusement of A Bug's Life yet still manages to pack in unexpected depth within the childish nature of its premise.
June 28, 2017
Is Cars lesser-Pixar? Yes. Is it terrible? Far from it. Sure, it's WAY too simple, WAY too long, and the over-abundance of half-hearted vehicle-wordplay is TIREsome. But the animation is impressive, the racing is exciting, and Radiator Springs is such a wonderful fictional town. Also, this may be the only time ever where I prefer Larry the Cable Guy to Owen Wilson; his timing is just far better for the material. "He won three Piston Cups!" "He did WHAT in his cup?!" Sadly, that made me laugh...so credit where it's due.
½ June 27, 2017
Cars is a commercial movie that ends up trading meaning for merchandise.
½ June 25, 2017
I like the concept of this movie, but "Cars" is an average animated movie at best that kids will enjoy, but adults could care less.
½ June 25, 2017
Cars for me is one of those movies where I loved it when I was younger, but now, not so much. While it has a really good opening, and great visuals, the movie really suffers from having a very bland and generic story, and the middle of the movie being very boring and forgettable. While not as bad as Cars 2, it is definitely a very mediocre movie and one of Pixar's weakest movies. 6.5 out of 10. The worst Pixar movie of the 2000s in my opinion.
June 24, 2017
Although in my opinion a little bit tiresome at times, this film has a brilliant opening that gives me a positive feeling every time I watch it. Not Pixar's best film, but it's still very good.
½ June 23, 2017
A simple, easygoing movie that doesn't reach the emotional heights of Pixar's other works or even Cars 3; however, Cars seems to be content with this as it easily engages the audience with Owen Wilson's great acting and inventive animation to present a predictable yet satisfying story.
June 22, 2017
Visually impressive, albeit lacking in originality, Cars does not quite bring out the best in Pixar.
June 20, 2017
Best Cars movie ever hands down!!!!!
Page 1 of 1956