Casino Royale Reviews

• Aug 07, 2019

As much as I like this Bond Movie I cringe at the vague similarities to the Original Casino Royale. It took time to get used to it and value this movie on its own merit. Daniel Craig almost stands out from the other Bond Movies but is close enough I do consider it the main core of Bond. He brings a completely new energy to the series and makes it his own.

• Jul 22, 2019

Bond is Back! Daniel Craig is almost perfect for this role. Movie has good action, suspense, and drama.

• Jul 19, 2019

The best bond film since "Goldfinger".

The best bond film since "Goldfinger".

• Jul 16, 2019

It's the best bond movie.

It's the best bond movie.

• Jul 13, 2019

Best bond movie ever.. there is no chance of disliking this movie..plot of this movie is like never seen before.. enjoyed alot.

• Jun 16, 2019

all of Craig's James Bond are worth it but Mads Mikkelsen's villain is exceptional in this one

• Jun 11, 2019

The movie was so interesting in the respect it paid a lot more homage to Bond and M, and their initial relationship. The addition of Bond's love that eventually died made it even more captivating.

• May 31, 2019

Arguably the best of Craig as Bond

Arguably the best of Craig as Bond

• May 28, 2019

Its hard to beat the classics, such as 'Goldfinger' and OHMSS, but this is certainly the best film in the series and, honestly, one of the best films of the 21st century.

• May 13, 2019

Campbell and Craig had an easy job to do, just not to make the same mistakes, and scoffing off the limitations, it is a clear qualifier. Casino Royale Campbell has evolved. A lot. And keeping toe to toe with the ever-changing show business, he has quickly managed to grasp the essence of the crisp that this generation craves for. But mind you, it still doesn't make Martin Campbell, the director, the finest of all. In fact, looking at the 1-0-1 criteria of filmmaking, he may be able to JUST qualify as one. Let's take the Airport chase sequence, for instance. First of all it's one smooth ride, with all the elements of the scene mapped out neatly on the screen where its fast and gritty choreography makes the best of the run. Now as far as this was concerned, it is actually Campbell informing us with news, dry news. What it fails to capture majorly, is the momentum of all the action. It's not that we don't get it, we are just asked to reach out for it, it isn't served us up front on the table. If these are its cons, then pros have to be the performances and the cast. But quickly before we sink into Daniel Craig's thunderous blue eyes, another thing Campbell places elegantly in the film, is how the time has passed in any circumstances, the selected highlights in both the narration and execution are subtle and exhilarating. So now, Craig.. should we just gaze at him or appreciate his exceptionally powerful scene with Mads Mikkelsen as he tortures him brutally. The humor that has been questioned many a times is twisted and turned so beautifully in here that even a worthy one-liner doesn't make us laugh but leaves a jarring dramatic impression on us. Eva Green with her love track doesn't have that amount of electricity in her romance as that poker table does which ironically is negatively motivated, something that the theme of Casino Royale shares.