Catch Me If You Can Reviews

• 5d ago

Great acting. good pacing. great story.

Great acting. good pacing. great story.

• Jul 07, 2019

haven't seen this in 16 years. what a classic.

haven't seen this in 16 years. what a classic.

• Jun 24, 2019

Fun and exhilarating cat-and-mouse game.

Fun and exhilarating cat-and-mouse game.

• Jun 19, 2019

Its flawed. But the performances of DiCaprio, Hanks, and Walken save it from flopping. Plus it's actually quite entertaining

• Jun 18, 2019

Simply spectacular. This movie keeps you glued to your chair and the time just flies away without noticing.

• May 07, 2019

"Breezy" is a word I've seen thrown around a lot in delineating the chief merits of Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can," and this is most definitely fun, rife with personality, and well acted on a comedic front. But let's not short the movie of its own dramatic worth. At its heart, "Catch Me If You Can" is not just the story of a young man forging convincing checks. It's the heart-breaking tale of the fallout that a broken home can leave lingering within the lives of its children, with the fallout in Frank Abagnale Jr.'s life namely resembling an addictive urge to cheat, steal, and run. The movie really wants us to remember this and I'm glad it does. This is also magnificently structured and executed on a screenplay front, featuring numerous twists, turns, and surprising scene dynamics that made me jealous as a screenwriter. And Spielberg's effectively expressive, period-focused direction almost needs no mention -- it's terrific work as per usual. In fact, this whole film is a terrific ride from start to finish.

• Apr 25, 2019

This is a classic. Great performances from DiCaprio and Hanks. Shame I didn't get around to watching this one earlier. Worth it.

• Apr 21, 2019

Love movies set in this time frame of the doo-wop era!!!

Love movies set in this time frame of the doo-wop era!!!

• Apr 21, 2019

You know how I said that Hidden Figures was the best we had to watch for a class? Well, I was wrong, this is the best. We read the book in forensics class and it was pretty solid and when I found out we're going to watch the movie directed by Steven Spielberg and includes and all-star cast, I was pretty excited. The movie was good, there were scenes in it that made me smile because they were very clever and the actors did a fantastic job portraying the characters from the book. For a crime film, the soundtrack was so f$%king good, kudos to you John Williams. However, the negative that got me was that it didn't follow with the book 100% which is both good and bad. It makes it new and cool that you don't exactly know what's going to happen next, but somehow not following the book you took three months to read is a little disappointing. Also, the beginning, if I hadn't read the book, I would've been confused because events just sort of happened pretty fast. Aside from that, this movie is fun, clever, and well doneâ¦if not for the beginning. BUT it's still the best movie I had to watch for school.

• Apr 11, 2019

This is really stylish work from Spielberg as usual. The film moves along at a perfect, breakneck pace as we're allowed to sit back and enjoy Frank Abegnale's ingenious fraud work played brilliantly by DiCaprio. Both the two main characters are extremely likeable despite both having undesirable qualities which is testament to the acting. Spielburg's direction is flawless with the film feeling fresh, zippy and even tense at times. This is a feel good caper that any age can enjoy, with everyone on top of their game.