Catwoman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catwoman Reviews

September 23, 2016
The worst female comic book character of all time gets her own movie, and it's the worst comic book film of all time.
September 8, 2016
While Halle Berry's performance is not remarkably awful, it's still not as good as it should've been. Also, despite some fun CGI sequences Catwoman is ultimately one of the worst DC films of all time. The cat-related taunts are as half-assed as the puns in Batman & Robin, the film is an in-name only adaptation of the character, which has relatively nothing to do with the character. Heck, it doesn't even determine whether it takes place in Gotham City or not and has only one reference to the incarnation from Batman Returns. Also, the origin story is eerily similiar to Michelle Pfeiffer's origin story as, like in Batman Returns, the character becomes Catwoman after getting killed by villains and is eventually resurrected by cats. Shouldn't have let this cat out of the bag.
½ September 7, 2016
Cat woman is ok not the best film film from dc but it's ok. The things I hated about this film were the action scenes. At times I thought I was watching a PlayStation cutscenes instead of a movie. The cat women costume is ok but I liked the batman returns coustume better. Haley Berry is actually a kind of likable cat women but then again I liked the batman returns cat women better.
½ August 28, 2016
"Catwoman" is so incredibly laughable.
August 21, 2016
Because sometimes you need to see a horror movie.
½ August 19, 2016
This movie is laughable. Terrible city shots, a predictable yet confusing story, and very bombastic acting except from Halle Berry.
August 18, 2016
The scenario is as bad as the direction. nothing make any sense
August 3, 2016
A cat woman movie could be really interesting and a good use of the character in a main role. This is nothing like that though, the plot seems as lacking as the revealing costume in the film. This is laughable really. Trash .
August 3, 2016
The film doesn't even deserve its Batman-inherited title. (no stars)
August 2, 2016
Nothing says Family entertainment then ripping off a Batman villain to promote sexism against men... This movie is just dumb and its not worth it to anyone who hasn't seen it.
July 29, 2016
This is one the worst superhero movies that I've ever seen. I love the character Catwoman. She's a really enjoyable, fun character. However, I don't think she has enough to her to have her own movie. She fits better in supporting roles. I don't even know where to start. First off, Catwoman's name in this movie is Patience Phillips, not Selina Kyle. Okay, how the heck do you make a movie based on Catwoman and not have her real name? There was no point in changing it. Second, the story is just ridiculous. Catwoman actually has cat-like abilities in this movie. Really? That's what you went with? That's like making a Batman movie and giving him bat powers, and not only that, but she acts like a cat, too. She eats several cans of tuna, hates rain, hisses at dogs, rubs her face with catnip, and purs while having sex with her police officer boyfriend. Seriously?! Did children right this script? There's also some stupid villainous plan involving makeup. Really? Makeup? Patience herself isn't really that interesting, nor are any of the characters. The villain is bland. The action is forgettable. Also, Catwoman is more of an antihero than a superhero. Antihero films can work, such as Deadpool, but this one just doesn't work. The editing in this movie is also bad. There's one scene where a guy is talking and the scene keeps cutting to itself. As for the acting, Halle Barry does try and her performance is fine, but nothing noteworthy. As for the others...ehhhh. I just don't think a Catwoman movie should've even been attempted. It's a neat idea, but she doesn't really have a backstory, so trying to make a movie about her seems very difficult. It was attempted, and it failed miserably. In my opinion, Catwoman is a stupid and ridiculous superhero movie that should not have been attempted.
July 29, 2016
I loved this film. Great acting, great script. Halle Berry was super.
½ July 27, 2016
Terrible plot, terrible CGI, terrible everything. But Halle Berry is awesome and it entertained me and that's all that matters.
July 14, 2016
Sure to be a cult classic.
July 11, 2016
Terrible dialogue, terrible bastardization of a beloved comic book icon.

Cat got my tongue? No. Cat got my hour and a half of time.
July 5, 2016
There is a great deal of hate and criticism towards this movie, with good reason. I do not understand why Halle Berry wanted to do this movie, her reputation as a former Oscar winner cannot benefit from doing movies like Swordfish, Die Another Day, and this. I do understand why Halle Berry landed the role of the confident Catwoman clad in all black, but that is only half of the role. Berry flounders as her secret identity of Patience Phillips, who is a meek struggling graphic designer nerd shoved in a cubicle. The two-sided character of Catwoman could make for a complex hero and anti-hero, but heavy-handed storytelling ruins that too. The movie implies that there was a long line of women throughout the ages selected for a double life of power and freedom. The movie neglects to play up this interesting concept. How the main character earns that privilege, the transfer of that power, and how she learns about her new abilities fall short. These important plot elements are all lazy, flat, and shameless exposition. The overbearing soundtrack makes it seem like this is all a bad second-rate Destiny's Child music video. Scenes with her male love interest are particularly painful and feel like a daytime soap opera. Making the character scarf down fish, hating rain, and hissing at dogs is also too much, even for humorous relief. The villain role played by Sharon Stone is dull. She appears to be thinking manipulative corporate type of villain. She plans to release addictive cosmetics that slowly destroy people without continuing its use. Suddenly, in a plot hole the size of Texas, she reveals that the same toxic cosmetics made her superhuman and feel no pain. Poor decision-making by the director along with the Halle Berry's lack of acting range kill this movie. I will stick with Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman, thank you.
July 5, 2016
almost puuuuuurrrrrrrrrfect lol
½ June 25, 2016
I'm reviewing this in 2016. This just shows how long the atrocious trash known as Cabwoman has tormented me so much throughout my whole life.
June 16, 2016
One of the worst Dc comic films out there. It was some what of entertaining, but the cheesy cinamatic didn't redeem itself to make it decent. Annoying performance, Halle Barry spotlight couldn't save this film from its own disaster. This is top 10 worst comic book films.
½ June 6, 2016
the worst superhero movie ever