Chappaqua Reviews

• Apr 08, 2018

if the purpose of a movie is to entertain a human being, this was a failure

if the purpose of a movie is to entertain a human being, this was a failure

• Jan 18, 2013

Rented this some time ago and was really into it. Visually stuning and filled with wonderful visuals. Very beat poetic and trippy, dude.

• Feb 03, 2012

For a random, non-narrative film, this is pretty good. Some really good imagery. Plus, William S Burroughs and Herve Villechaize do a scene together. Gold.

• Nov 15, 2010

1960's artifact with cameos from Ginsberg, Burroughs, Shankar and more. Some painfully awkward acting (e.g., acting drunk) but also some stunning images courtesy of Robert Frank and Rooks' own dabbling with superimposition. Overall, the soundtrack makes this worth it.

• Dec 22, 2009

• Nov 28, 2009

A tad bizarre, psychedelic flick, with some major figures of the period in the background to boot!

• Apr 05, 2009

Chappaqua is so amazing.I just felt this psychedelic freak out movie is how life is like.Confusing,weird,wild,unpredictable and unknowing.I always looked for a symbolic representation in Chappaqua.That strange jazz sequence with the Nurse dancing.The Fugs wild and crazy music.Chappaqua is a symbolic life all its own.That's why I love it.A wild surreal Psychedelic Freak-Out.No one ever forgets seeing this movie after they have watched it.Great work,Conrad.We understand,your vision.

• Mar 28, 2009

the Ravi Shankar + Phillip Glass soundtrack is pretty wild.

the Ravi Shankar + Phillip Glass soundtrack is pretty wild.

• Aug 03, 2008

Oeuvre totalement dejante de la "Beat Generation" enrichie de la presance de William Burroughs et Allen Ginsberg, ecrivains notemment a l'origine de ce phenomene

• Jun 01, 2008

well worth checking out....

well worth checking out....