Christmas Carol - The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Christmas Carol - The Movie Reviews

December 12, 2013
we're on a Christmas movie watching spree ...this one was okay!
January 22, 2013
A frightfully awful adaptation with some of the worst animation I've seen in awhile. How'd they get the cast they did to do voices?
January 14, 2013
Not the best animation but the story is presented well!
½ December 24, 2012
Strange version of the classic story
½ December 24, 2012
It's A Christmas Carol but by no means the best version. The cast are great and the animation is simplistic yet effective. The two mice are thrown in for the youngsters and this version covers some unfamiliar territory. For Christmas Eve only!
½ November 21, 2012
it was ok, this version is a cartoon version it was ok, it was an good movie and Simon Callow did the voice of Ebenezer Scrooge and Kate Winslet also starred in the film, I would like it on DVD
½ November 5, 2012
Description sounds great, but not so much.
Directors Cat
½ December 22, 2011
The animation is very bad and not detailed at all. This animated adaption of the Dickens classic novel may have good voice acting but everything else is without a doubt entirely dull and without magic.
½ December 18, 2011
It has it's moments but it's not one of the better adaptations
July 1, 2011
April 19, 2011
Watched this last night. I tolerated this version because it is one of my favorite stories and I collect all the film versions I can get my hands on. This one isn't awful, but the inclusion of the two little mice is too cute for me and takes away from the story. Overall, though, I think it's a good family version of a timeless story!
December 25, 2010
December 21, 2010
Weak animation and for some reason the story is told from the point of view of mice.
November 28, 2010
It's really, REALLY hard to screw up a classic good story. Perhaps that's why there are so many renditions of A Christmas Carol. In this inept animated version, Scrooge indirectly MURDERS Tiny Tim by pouring a bucket of water on him in winter. With this movie, I've learned that as long as you stick to the source material, you can make a halfway decent version of the Dickens classic. This 2001 version takes liberties from the source material which shouldn't have been taken, like giving Scrooge's former lover a much bigger part and having two mice as comic relief (at least I think they were comic relief... they weren't that funny). Don't let the talent involved (Kate Winslet, Nicolas Cage, Michael Gambon) fool you into thinking it's a good movie. The animation is underwhelming and the voice acting feels like they know it. I thought even though the movie was boring, at least Nicolas Cage could have made his Jacob Marley watchably crazy, but even he wasn't into it. Of the dozens of versions, this is definitely one of the most skippable.
July 27, 2010
(2001 Director: Jimmy T. Murakami)
July 26, 2010
Very outdated animation!
December 25, 2009
A decent rendering of the Dickens classic with an all star cast of voices Horrocks, Gambon, Cage, Winslet.. and some wonderful animation from a Korean studio. The animation techniques allow the horror of the Scrooge dream sequences to come alive for the viewer with peeling skulls and disintegrating skeletons. Even Nicholas Cage can't stink this one out but Winslet's bizarre theme tune rivals her Oscar speech for moments we could have done without. Top work.
December 20, 2009
Just another adaptation to the classic story but in cartoon form. Luckily it is short in run time. The whole movie seems slow and dull and the animation didn't look impressive.
½ December 19, 2009
Description sounds great, but not so much.
December 16, 2009
Donde esté "Los fantasmas atacan al jefe" que se quiten todas.