The Chumscrubber Reviews

• Sep 02, 2019

An actual acid trip of a film. Very odd and just some insane moments. I would recommend to the non squeamish

• Apr 02, 2018

Just doesn't quite work. It wants to be more than it is

Just doesn't quite work. It wants to be more than it is

• Oct 29, 2017

This film is bashed for many reasons, and I will tell you frankly that they all miss the point. I look at this as art-while others see it as spending money for entertainment. . . This is completely missing the point. This story isn't even a comedy, it is a psychological story of impetuous characters and their divided relationship towards others, my proof lies in the film: when the a character discovers dolphins, he falls into the rabbit hole of madness, something that plays on his emotions that later induces the disconnection between adults and their children, a reoccurring theme of the movie. What the film lacks is recompensed by the great script and storytelling of this psychological suburban masterpiece. I will also mention that many feelings conveyed throughout the film are masterful, lighting, screenplay, acting, setting, and many more feelings that creates a nostalgic trip refulgent and clear with artful purity. When in reflecting this movie another significant quality that stands out is that the story/plot is greatly done, and singular to all classes of cinema, it's flawless in his aspect and serves to be the most underrated psychological story I've ever experienced, there is more I could discuss, but I will simply accost to the reader that: this is like a kid who gets bullied, they don't truly understand him; I'm talking about Arie Posin and what he was going for, the critics and audience misread everything trying g to be accomplished here, and it's quite sad.

• Aug 02, 2014

For a drama too shallow and for a comedy not funny enough.

For a drama too shallow and for a comedy not funny enough.

• Dec 28, 2013

My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.

My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.

• Dec 19, 2013

Very under rated movie. I thought it was a great story of how people are oblivious to their surroundings. If you are a fan of movies like Donnie Darko, then you will enjoy this movie

• Aug 31, 2013

One of the worst movies I've ever seen

One of the worst movies I've ever seen

• Jul 24, 2013

A great film about the rot beneath the clean image of suburbia. It's somewhat humorous and overalls strange. However, it's strange in all the right ways. It's dark and hypnotic in an indescribable way. The various plot points eventually come together in a satisfying fashion.

• Jul 22, 2013

Empezo bien pero me aburrio un poco

Empezo bien pero me aburrio un poco

• Jul 05, 2013

This movie has, unfortunately, a very poor design: the scenes make no sense, the storyline is faulty, the adults are all complete and utter stereotypes ('dad thinking only of himself', 'parents thinking only of childs career', mother caring only about spiritual growth', etc., etc.). The children are supposed to be smarter, but this again does not work. However, and there is a whatever, the movie does entertain! And the actors are very good! They can't help it they had to work with a script that was worth a little more than toilet paper. The actors did a really good job! I guess that's why the movie got a hig grade from the public. So, this poor and shabby movie does deserve 3 out of 5 stars. Not more, but not less either... :-)