Circle of Friends Reviews

• Aug 30, 2020

This was a potboiler of the blandest variety, sorry.

This was a potboiler of the blandest variety, sorry.

• Sep 22, 2017

This was a decent mystery. There weren't too many clues to help you solve it and the reveal seemed a little unlikely.

• Jul 19, 2012

I saw 40 minutes of it and figured who dunnit...yawn!!

I saw 40 minutes of it and figured who dunnit...yawn!!

• Dec 03, 2009

1 étoile pour Julie Benz, 1 pour Chris Kramer, la demie pour... le suspense mettons?

• Nov 30, 2009

I stumbled into this lifetime channel movie yesterday and somehow was able to make through the entire movie. It's nothing special really. Just a New England tale of a cosmopolitan woman whose husband, a high school sweetheart, died mysteriously in an auto accident and she suspects it was foul play. Her suspicions grow when she notices a pattern of people in the small New England town she grew up in. After reuniting with her friends, she takes an investigative trail and runs into an old flame from high school and other former friends and aquaintances from high school that provides her with clues that these apparant accidental deaths were murders. I write about this movie because although it was a rather simple movie with a very basic plot, I have to say I was drawn to this movie because of the presence of the main character, Julie Benz. She's absolutely stunning to watch. She had such a beautiful stage presence in this movie. I cannot say her acting was spectacular, but again, her I kept watching the movie because of her. The dialogue wasn't all that wonderful but she fell into character wonderfully. Even little ideosyncracies of her character, like how she likes to eat pretzels when she's nervous, found me amused by her down-to-earth character. All in all, no real cinematography to look back on. Just a crush on an actress I had never seen prior to this.