Closed Circuit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Closed Circuit Reviews

August 27, 2016
Pretty okay crime thriller with a surprising unexpected twist at the end.
½ August 17, 2016
Revealing the truth or sparing the lives with a deal.

This is from the director of 'Brooklyn' and that's the obvious reason for I'm here. Looks like many haven't liked it, but for me it was an okay film. Seen plenty of similar themes, so I did not find anything special from this. That means easily predictable story, but I just went through till the end to learn how it all ends. Apparently that's how the narration goes, without a twist. You will know right from the beginning who's behind the bomb blast that takes place at the opening.

Well written screenplay, but that was not enough for the film buffs or the critics, it might work for people who watch films occasionally. Looks like based on the real, but there's nothing in the opening or in the end of the film about it. Eric Bana and Rebbeca Hall as the ex and lawyers, takes up a high profile case which will be a secret trial. So theirs every move will be watched. Until one day they discover the truth which threatens their lives. The rest of the film reveals whether they successfully accomplish the undertaking or not.

In some parts, it was mild thrilling, but the developments were ordinary. Especially it never clears us the motive, just leaves some understandable terms. This is a dramatised thriller than a cinematised crime-mystery with powerful dialogues and stunts. They tried it to be a quite realistic, but was not successful. So there was not any extraordinary performance, both the leads were pretty decent. Had potential to be a great film may be in addition of a few action sequences. Overall, not a bad film, just one time watchable.

½ July 14, 2016
Reasonably good and entertaining movie, if a bit trite. Well worth renting on Amazon and grabbing a bowl of popcorn.
½ May 18, 2016
Great premise but badly treated with unexplained jumps in logic and plot. Ultimately unconvincing. Director doesn't hold it all together. Why wasn't it called Closed Court? Typically, movie again just missing its target.
March 28, 2016
Good Performances from Eric Bana and Rebecca Hall can't save this flick. I thought the editing was bad and the story is just bland and fails to hit a suspenseful climax.
September 24, 2015
The movie was great. The similarities to the first WTC bombing are overwhelming. Obviously MI5, CIA, et. al. got to or threatened the reviewers and shilled as audience to Keep People from going and seeing this. It is not your Action packed, juvenile spy movie, but Shows why no one speaks up about any of the false flag crimes against humanity.
September 19, 2015
There was no anticipation or excitement in this movie. It just seemed to drag along.
August 29, 2015
A fairly standard thriller that i could never fully get into. Decent cast including Bana and Hall, but they can't overcome the weaknesses inherent in the script and direction. Skip it.
August 27, 2015
There's nothing exceptionally good about this movie. It's boring at times and hard to sit through to the end.
August 27, 2015
Very slow build up of events
½ August 21, 2015
Fair but looks like a British TV drama instead.
½ August 19, 2015
I'd never heard of this before, and I'm not sure why as it's really quite a good film. A classy courtroom thriller based around a terrorist conspiracy. Eric Bana's English accent is as believable as the rest of the film too.
August 9, 2015
Who Is Watching Whom. A Semi-Intelligence Thriller, It Deepens & Twists Where It Needs To But Doesn't Venture Too Cleverly Out a Of Its Own Boundaries. The Argumentative Interplay Between The Lead Characters Keeps It a Interesting Enough.
½ July 27, 2015
Not much to say about this. The story was decent, well acted and somewhat suspenseful throughout, but it seems to me that the director gave up on this in the 3rd act and threw the ending together because it is kind of a disappointment considering everything that happens up until that point. The two leads are good for what they have to work with, not bad, not great, just kinda there. MILD RECOMMENDATION I suppose.
½ July 1, 2015
Closed Circuit

Directed By: John Crowley

Quite a drama i dont go in for a lot of time but has its consequence when a toff finds more action in top end political high court than anywhere after his schooling sweetheart.

a catch up review for a touch on plot movement.

Great would recommend
June 24, 2015
A really good British suspense thriller. Americans probably won't understand the subtleties of this movie as there are no steamy sex scenes or shoot-outs or car chases or bombs going off (except one in the beginning). The movie made a good case why closed courts do not always do justice to the parties involved. Good performances by the main characters made for an entertaining two hours. Recommended.
June 4, 2015
This is a good movie. Keeps you on your twos. Speaks about the inevitability of action and quite realistic compared to what I assumed it would be. Not that bad as RT thinks it to be.
March 13, 2015
3/13/2015: Somewhat interesting, but mostly dull.
February 11, 2015
It starts off intriguing, but really doesn't pay off in the end. And it doesn't do a good job explaining why things happen and such. The payoff just doesn't matter as it derides into standard thriller territory and never quite feels resolved.