Coach Carter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coach Carter Reviews

July 3, 2016
Coach carter is a true story and it is a good movie. I think this movie can teach you how to play basketball. And it all so teaches you school comes first not basketball. But this movie is a good movie. My favorite characters are Damien , Canyon , Junior battle , Kiera. I had a favorite line in the movie!! It is Coach thing so I can play college ball!! And the music to this movie was great it's good music! A lot of the music is rap. So if you like basketball you should watch this movie. This is high school basketball. And for having it be a true story it is a good movie!!!
June 16, 2016
Samuel L. Jackson is fantastic in a rewatchable sports drama.
June 10, 2016
a great film like gridiron gang. About troubled students who find a way with a new coach to grow and become champions. Sam Jackson again gives a outstanding job as the lead as well as the new coming actors. Some parts are very forced. But in the end the characters drive the story and leaves you in the end cheering.
June 4, 2016
love this movie. emotional roller coaster between the players, coach, and the school. Caring about the school academics leads a strong message to the people out there knowing where they camer from. Succeeding at what they came to get and conquer.
May 9, 2016
Combining the "tough teacher goes into a failing class filled with underprivileged youths" genre with "tough coach turns a rag-tag team into winners" story and is led by the performance of Samuel L. Jackson
½ March 28, 2016
I enjoy how the director shows about doing education first and then the personal endeavours.
February 7, 2016
Saw this on 7/2/16
Samuel L Jackson's effective performance and caring character makes this sports movie a lot more enjoyable thanks to the underlying message. However, the film can't stop itself from being too far drawn into the feel good path due to it's untimely motivational speeches in the end.
½ January 26, 2016
Coach Carter is a really great sports movie that I actually didn't really want to watch it. Samuel L. Jackson is amazing in this and really gives the movie a lot of fuel. The characters are great, and the chemistry between the coach and the players is very respectable and very enjoyable. The basketball scenes are exciting and gets you pumped up to want them to win. The acting from the players are really good, and the new actors for the players give out some emotional moments that people might tear up. I was a bit worried that it's just going to show one or two of the players about what's going on in there life that isn't basketball, but it does go through most of the players that made the film long, but it's parcels well and made the players memorable. The movie reminds me of Hoosiers a lot, but it never felt distracting to me as, unlike other formulaic sport films, this one actually had a heart, and has a lot of effort that is trying to get people to know a lot about what's going on in this true story.
½ December 27, 2015
Nice story of Coach Carter and his efforts to develop quality people thru basketball in a community where most are expected to fail. Good character development, decent pacing and inspiring messages. Always fun watching a movie about coaching styles ;)
½ December 12, 2015
Coach Carter is a powerful character, and although the story is inspiring, well acted and easy to enjoy, I found the ending to be a disappointment. After all the adversity they went through, why end on a devastating loss just to avoid having a happy ending.
November 11, 2015
It is good suspenseful movie
October 10, 2015
A great movie for teens today!
September 16, 2015
A powerful and motivational film about a basketball coach who tries to teach a basketball team from Richmond, California the importance of being a team and that there's more to life than just playing basketball
½ August 30, 2015
Samuel Jackson is gooooood!
½ August 26, 2015
Strong, powerful message: work hard and you will be a winner. Talented cast brings a positive message to this basic principle.
August 23, 2015
It has every cliche for a sports movie, but it's entertaining enough
August 10, 2015
Jackson raises up the rather generic sports movie to watchable with his strong performance.
August 7, 2015
I used to play high school basketball and this movie just gave me a whole new perspective on how life works. This movie teaches not just athletes, but everyone else the importance of teamwork and how you can be successful in life. I would recommend watching it.
July 26, 2015
Amazing movie!! One of my favorites for sure!!
July 25, 2015
Awesome movie. It's certainly nothing new when it comes to the story, but with great style, good direction, and incredible commitment and performances from the cast, especially Jackson, the formulaic plot devices can be quickly forgiven.