Complete Unknown Reviews

• Feb 04, 2018

A woman with many faces! No doubt this was wrongly labelled as an average film. The title, the story, the performances, all stood to my expectation. I jumped into it prepared for another boring film. Indeed, it was a slow narration, at least in the initial parts. That twist in the early mid sect unleashed the bright side of the tale. Not knowing what to expect, I thoroughly got entertained for the rest of the film. It all was a day event. In fact, most of the story happened on one night. Though for a brief moment in the opening, they have shown us events from the different timelines. Just to convince us. Alice, who befriended a man while in the lunch, decides to attend a birthday party of his friend with him. But that night the things change as some secrets about her was revealed. Then event takes a different path with different adventure revealing more about about her. Yeah, everybody saying they saw it for Shannon, but for me, Rachel Weisz the reason the film looked so good. It is one of the underrated film of the year. It was unique. Probably less familiarity compared to any film. So not easy to predict the story. The suspense made me so curious and kept my eyes wide open till the end. I would like to see the other side of the story, probably in another film/part/sequel. Seems that's a very interesting aspect. Don't consider what the film critics say, it's definitely worth a watch. 7/10

• Jan 10, 2018

When we see others are not too old or too late to get into the swing of things that are exciting, fun, and little dangerous. When we see it's our Birthday, a time to celebrate our life to either enjoy the life ahead or life we once knew to see what we get into can kill us deep within that others we meet show us what life we been missing. When what life we get into we stay when it's what we get out of the adventure in it. When we

• Jan 02, 2018

Co-written and directed by Joshua Marston with already married Tom (Michael Shannon) coincidental meeting with old flame, Alice (Rachel Weisz)

• Dec 24, 2017

Review: I was surprised that this movie went under the radar, mainly because Michael Shannon (Tom), and Rachel Weisz (Jenny), are quite highly respected in Hollywood but now that I've watched this film, I can totally understand why. The story seemed a bit pointless and I personally got a bit bored once the plot unfolded. Its about a lady (Rachel Weisz), who keeps on reinventing herself by taking on different jobs under different names, whilst making up her past as she goes along. She decides to turn up at her ex-boyfriends birthday party, after becoming friends with his close friend at work, and they don't make there relationship known until they are alone with each other. Jenny comes clean about her strange ways, and she explains why she disappeared 20 years ago. She also offers him a chance to make a life with her, which leaves Tom in an unusual situation. The acting was decent from the main characters but I really don't know what the director was trying to portray. The whole Kathy Bates and Danny Glover sketch was also useless and I was left feeling empty when the movie ended. The template of the script was interesting but they really didn't take advantage of the great cast and her unusual life. I was hoping for some major twists towards the end but it just turned out to be a fairly average movie which could have been a hundred times better. Disappointing! Round-Up: This movie was written and directed by Joshua Marston, 49, who also brought you Maria Full Of Grace, New York, I Love You and The Forgiveness Of Blood. He also directed a few episodes of some TV series, which include Six Feet Under, Swingtown, Law and Order, The Newsroom and Black Box but he hasn't smashed the box office as yet. The cast that he got for New York, I Love You and this film, we're totally wasted, so I personally can't rate him as an director. On the plus side, the chemistry between the two main actors was believable and touching in parts but apart from that, it has to get the thumbs down from me. Budget: N/A Worldwide Gross: $215,000 This movie is in the genre of drama/mystery, starring Rachel Weisz, Michael Shannon, Erin Darke, FaTye, Zach Appelman, Kathy Bates, Danny Glover, Michael Chernus and Azita Ghanizada. 3/10

• Jarrin R Super Reviewer
    Sep 19, 2017

Veryy compelling story idea, just had no where to go. The acting is great, along with a star studed cast. The thing I liked most was the music.

• Mar 24, 2017

slow, boring and tedious. great if you are having trouble sleeping. the plot is choppy and drawn out while lacking in tension and continuity. give it a miss.

• Jan 29, 2017

Really interesting film about discovering yourself, and having the confidence to be able to change. Not a perfect film for everyone but the acting is great and some philosophical concepts of the self are put to question. Very interesting. Full review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcvYlKPXK7Y

• Jan 01, 2017

This shape-shifting tale of the perils and pleasures of self-reinvention begins at a dinner party, when Tom's (Michael Shannon) co-worker arrives with an intriguing date named Alice (Rachel Weisz). Tom is convinced he knows her, but she refuses to acknowledge their history. And when Alice makes a hasty exit, Tom sets off after her. What follows is an all-night odyssey shared by two people, one needing to change his life, the other questioning how to stop changing.

• Dec 24, 2016

So....why do people dislike this? Just tell me, the reviews are too busy with sentences like "though the story is a little too thesis driven to build any dramatic momentum." Just admit you didn't like the goy character. "It insists upon itself to the very detriment of its fundamental essence." Did not involve wizards, got it.

• Dec 13, 2016