Compliance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Compliance Reviews

½ September 29, 2016
Excellent, disturbing, and hard to watch drama/thriller - based on true events. Good stuff - will stick with you.
September 3, 2016
While watching this, i kept uttering "this is stupid. This is stupid". How horrified i was to know that this movie is based on true events; not a one-off incident but 70 multiple occurrences in the US. How sick...and how disappointed i am of human being's intelligence and morality.
August 27, 2016
Law Abiding Citizens!!
August 24, 2016
This movie is fucked up. Even more so is that it is painstakingly accurate to the real events. Anchored by strong performances is a film that is frustrating and humanely disturbing.
August 7, 2016
This movie make you recoil in its demeaning stupidity then you remind yourself its a TRUE Story! on the whole I spend 40 mins yelling at the tv (Netflix rental) on how dimwitted ALL of these people are..least of which of course the victim but still I yell.tell them what just happened. But in all its vulgarity & insane gullibility it really impressed on me how some see authority figures in this case police..it could be any authority..but hit me as to those who do not automatically comply with say a policeman thinking thru their eyes everything they ask legit..that those who question authority might be more realistic as to good/evil & just plain something wrong. It in that respect was one hell of a thinkers movie..but still the lengths of this particular case in COMPLYING was just ridiculous even for the victim im sorry to say.. at a half dozen points u got to say WTF!! LOL I do wish they gave more insight as to how this played for the town..& those involved esp the girl & also the demon on the phone..what happened? I think I saw he was given probation or light sentence. shocker of a film but aggravating
July 18, 2016
It's scary to think the lengths to which we'll go to conform to authority. We're told as kids to obey the law and respect cops. Some cops abuse that power and exploit our fears of repercussions from them. This is the story of a non-police officer, who uses those fears for his own perverted pleasures.

Made all the more horrifying that this is a based on a true story film, in which not much was changed apparently. Yep everything from the striping to the forced oral sex. This film is a stark reminder that there really is evil in the world, and you don't have to go far to find it at times.
April 11, 2016
A disturbing drama, it's a real torture surviving Compliance. A movie that needs to be seen and it will stick with you.
March 4, 2016
Stupid movie and sad that someone would even want to publicize this even if it's a true story
February 7, 2016
Dreama Walker makes the difference.
½ February 1, 2016
It's so easy to talk people into doing horrible things if you just pull the authority card...
January 23, 2016
Not a good date night movie...
January 12, 2016
Compliance is a nauseating, peek-through-your-fingers drama about depravity and the impulse to follow orders. Everything from the guttural violin soundtrack to the shots of congealed grease and dilapidated parking lots makes the viewer despair at the state of our species. Top-notch psychological horror.
December 30, 2015
wow; i am in shock that that went on for as long as it did. thank goodness Harold (or whatever his name is) was a smart, decent human being. and i've heard of this type of thing happening before in real life! that's part of why it's so shocking! honestly... if anyone had half a brain, they'd know something was fishy and do something about it. and i'm so disappointed in Becky... if the alternative was just to go to the jail and have them do it there, i think that's what i'd do and demand a family member or lawyer or something be present as well. you don't just do that stuff in a fast food office with the door closed. makes me mad. but the concept is very creepy... people can be sick. this movie portrayed it well.
½ December 24, 2015
Soooo uncomfortable to watch, I couldn't wait for it to end. Very good movie, it really gets you.
½ December 14, 2015
Absolutely horrible. There only person stupider than the people in this movie was me for sitting through this BS.
½ December 6, 2015
how stupid can you be to take direction from someone over the phone to strip-search another human being. and there was an actual person who was this stupid... come on! that's beyond... can't even find a harsh enough word for it
November 7, 2015
Cruel, disturbingly misogynistic. The most disgusting and offensive movie I have ever seen. Outraged that anyone would call this art or entertainment.
½ October 18, 2015
An unsettling and gripping look at perceived authority. You just can't make up this kind of disturbing stupidity. The performances and direction are brilliant, so much so that the nausea doesn't go away.
October 8, 2015
This movie is fucking fun and stressful. Although the ending is a bit linear, we should note the work of art direction and how something as simple as a good thing out. however, when one wants to tell a story of this kind must be taken into account for the purpose when wanting to show it as suspense, that will challenge points.