Con Air - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Con Air Reviews

½ May 13, 2017
An excellent action thriller with a great cast. It features the song, "How Do I Live", by Trisha Yearwood, which helps to give it the perfect sentimental ending. (First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
March 20, 2017
Simple action film. Sure it's not perfect, but Cusack and Malkovich are both great, Cage gives with another crazy accent, and Buscemi is brilliant as the singing psycho.
March 15, 2017
This turned out to be a great movie, I've never seen this movie before, I absolutely loved it because it's got a very good cast in it. If you loved "The Rock" (with Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage and Ed Harris) then you'll love "Con Air"!
½ March 6, 2017
This movie holds up through time. Great editing and great soundtrack too - everything from Lynard Skynard to Tricia Yearwood. You can't go wrong with Steve Buscemi, Nicholas Cage, John Cusack and John Malkovich either.
½ March 1, 2017
Steve Buscemi is SO scary in this movie!!
February 26, 2017
One of the better movies I've watched in a while. I can't believe it took me this long to watch it. The plot was different and moved quickly. Great cast of actors. Action was very solid and fun to watch.
½ February 20, 2017
"Con Air" is pretty spectacular. It's a great example of a film that takes a simple but effective premise and just runs with it the whole way. It's definitely far from flawless, but delivers the goodies, i.e. is filled with great, explosive action. The cast is good too, especially John Malkovich, Ving Rhames and Steve Buscemi (and mainly excluding Nicolas Cage and his moronic accent), while Cameron Poe's characterization gives the film a solid backbone for the unfolding of the action.
½ February 8, 2017
This is the epitome of a 90's action movie. Great cheesy one liners with some great action set pieces. A very solid cast too go along. Also a very solid soundtrack.
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 29, 2017
Half parody, half action and a quarter of 90s cheese should suffice.
December 31, 2016
Exhilarating thrill ride. Nicholas Cage is good again as strong, righteous self.
December 20, 2016
The words starring Nicolas Cage don't normally fill me with cinematic confidence but I was pleasantly surprised at this 'mediocre' action film release.
The film really has it all.
An ace supporting cast.
John Malkovich as a deranged super criminal Cyrus The Virus.
Ving Rhames, Steve Buscemi....
A literally escapist plot that culminates in a ridiculously electric crescendo in Las Vegas.
Some great lines from said cast will forever be etched into my memory.
"Just put the bunny back in the box!"
You have to watch it to understand it.
½ December 8, 2016
I read some of the reviews here stating the film had cheesy lines. I'll tell you what's cheesy the reviewer's lines. This is one classic film, filled with love, and injustice. The film is filled with rich characters, that are eye opening. Nicholas Cage was perfect, his accent was on point. A very heart felt, reality film. There is action, drama, and suspense here, a very enjoyable film.
October 21, 2016
Classic 90s film. Always enjoyable to watch. Brilliant in Blu Ray. Put the bunny back in the box haha. Great performance by Cage.
½ September 27, 2016
If Marvel ever need a Dr Doom, John Malkovich's superior, self serving egomaniac character would fit the bill perfectly. Good action movie.
September 6, 2016
Classic guilty pleasure nineties action flick. John Malkovich especially makes this movie worthwhile.
½ August 30, 2016
Putting prisoners on an airplane is a dumb idea. But at least they didn't fly it into a building. Sure beats Snakes on a Plane.
½ August 22, 2016
Con Air is (hopefully) about as ridiculous as movies can get, but still be very enjoyable to watch. Nic Cage is his usual over-the-top self, playing a character with a Southern accent in which he constantly slips out of almost every take, but no one's paying attention to that. Instead, all that is needed here is a coherent enough storyline, a bunch of explosions, and plenty of car crashes.
August 12, 2016
It walks and talks like a brainless Michael Bay production, yet it isn't. Just another crazy Nicolas Cage action film, except with a little more spunk and sophistication than most of his movies. So fun it will "fly" by in no time.