Con Air - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Con Air Reviews

½ July 11, 2018
Con- Air is a decent big budget film starring everyone from Nicholas Cage to John Malkovich and John Cusack. The synopsis is basic: A ranger tows aboard a transport plane full of convicts led by John Malkovich. They soon take over the plane and all hell ensues. This was a decent film and Malkovich is really good playing against type but seeing this film now where 100 million dollar pyrotechnique are common in every other film Con Air lacks the punch.
½ July 10, 2018
great action popcorn flick. old school but not outdated, except for the music lol. the things that stood out to me the most after watching it again are 1) the premise of this movie is amazing and was perfectly executed and 2) there were some awesome characters in this movie. the main villain being played by John Malkovich (I was so surprised!) was great. the other bad guys were awesome. Cage was a beast. it was funny (chappelle!). there were a few dumb things and some cheesy music but mostly this was an awesome movie (about 5 viewings)

SPOILERS

the way Cyrus the Virus dies at the end is shockingly funny. he gets thrown off a firetruck through two windows, and just so happens to fall on a bunch of wires to get electrocuted, then just so happens to fall onto a treadmill of an assembly line leading to a garbage crusher, then just so happens to fall off of the treadmill in the perfect position for his head to be crushed by the crusher with the rest of his body sprawled out. if the rest of this movie was terrible, this might be the worst villain death ever. but i liked the rest of the movie so i just laughed at it and no longer considered giving this 4 stars. Although I don't think I would have regardless. it just re-affirmed 3.5
June 21, 2018
One of the best action movies of all time. Also one of Nicolas Cage's best movies. Nicolas Cage was perfect for this movie. John Malkovich was amazing as the main villain. John Cusack was also great in this movie. Everybody in this movie was great. My god I love this movie so much. Really awesome. Simon West did an excellent job directing this movie.
½ May 30, 2018
Christ I love this movie. I know it has a lot of people either hating it or saying "it's-so-bad-it's-good", but honestly this is just so good it's good to me. The concept is interesting, Nicholas Cage is hilarious ("put the bunny back in the box"), and John Malkovich should play the psychotic evil genius in everything, because christ he delivers in this movie. So many quotables, I was laughing throughout the whole thing. IDK if it's so good that I can put it on my "watch any time and enjoy list". but it's definitely a fun romp worth the watch.
April 25, 2018
"Con Air" (1997) is an cult classic action film that is anyway pretty much fun to see. The action scenes are great but you can find Nicholas Cage performance a little bit dumb with his voice and look
½ April 10, 2018
Deliciously cheesy, wildly entertaining 90s blockbuster action thriller full of ridiculous performances from a gang of charismatic actors. The script crackles (in the best, dumbest way possible) and manages to tell an original story full of relatively well realized characters, even if all of them are fairly prototypical. The only real negative I see with this movie is how incredibly poorly the action is edited. Take, for example, the famous "Put the bunny back in the box" fight scene. Not only is it over in like 30 seconds, it's edited to high hell, with quick jump cuts making it very difficult to see what's going on. The actors are also kept in shadow, clearly so that their stunt doubles can go relatively undetected. This is kind of a big flaw in an ACTION film, which is why i had to take so many points off.
March 27, 2018
I feel like I'm supposed to hate this movie... but damn, it's too much fun. Great action... and it's more comedy spoof of itself than seriousness. I mean come on... "don't touch the bunny". ConAir theme kicks ass with the sound of aircraft taking off.
March 4, 2018
Ok movie with nic cage .
½ March 3, 2018
There are moments in where you can't help but laugh.
February 5, 2018
I enjoy a good action movie as much as the next person but this self satisfied big budget actioner just bugged me throughout.
With a cast and budget well beyond its means it delivers and aims for a guilty pleasure cartoon style action romp that is neither thrilling or all that entertaining.
A preposterous plot and endless cliches sink this shallow actioner.
January 17, 2018
so much good stuff in this movie. great acting, good humor, VERY memorable
September 3, 2017
Solid 90's Action that has enough good to outweigh the flaws, Cage actually gives one of his best performances too.
August 17, 2017
edge of your seat action thriller. non stop action, humour and explosions galore. Nicolas cage saves the day and a crazy ending on the last Vegas strip. very enjoyable
July 31, 2017
How is this movie not 1%? This movie has been the standard to which bad movies are judged
July 24, 2017
Utterly outrageous and over the top with the most simplistic and unimaginative script, yet ferociously entertaining front start to finish with two fantastic performances from both Cage and Malkovich who deliver such unbelievably ridiculous lines with sheer credibility and entitlement it's hard to distinguish the wonderful from the terrible. The set pieces are manic and huge, only escalating the films set pieces to a standard of crazy, that need to be seen to be believed.
July 22, 2017
Con Air is a movie with Dave Chappelle in it. I met him. Con Air is my favorite movie.
June 22, 2017
Exhilarating movie! I was a little nervous because Nicolas Cage can be hit and miss. But I was on the edge of my seat every minute of the movie. Reminds me of Air Force One. The amount of action and explosions is insane. I love the cast of prisoners. Even got to see Dave Chapelle! Basically the premise is a group of prisoners hijack an airplane and try to make an escape. Definitely worth another watch!
June 6, 2017
this is a great movie! I wouldn't complain about a thing
½ June 6, 2017
The acting by Nicholas cage couldn't be worse
½ May 28, 2017
A harmless action flick. I remember enjoying it quite a bit when I was young. Malkovich steals the show.