Cradle of Fear Reviews

• Mar 28, 2016

A decent film for hardcore fans of Cradle of Filth (like myself), but not intended for anyone that isn't a super fan. It's bloody and has some decent parts, but as a whole, the film is one tangled, mismatched storyline with no rhyme nor reason. If you want to see Dani Filth in a movie, buy it. If you are expecting a Hellraiser-esque film, don't get your hopes up and don't waste your time.

• May 29, 2013

OMG! I heart Dani Filth!

OMG! I heart Dani Filth!

• Sep 02, 2012

Technically speaking it's pretty damn impressive featuring some well done FX (both CG and practical) and cinematography but for a do-it-yourselfer it's tortuously long (2 hours!) made worse by a disjointed plot that loosely strings together a bunch of uninteresting vignettes.

• May 28, 2012

I wanted to see this for a long time. If you want to watch it because Dani Filth is invloved, don't. You barely see him at all, and when he talks at the end, it's not even his voice, at least it didn't sound like it. A lot of things in this annoyed me slightly. There was a good bit of gore. The snuff addict didn't really get what he deserved though.

• Apr 11, 2012

Great!!!! I mean it had some problems but for a low budget film it's freakier than most horror films today and with little or no special effects that's saying something

• Jan 26, 2012

oh lordy this drags......but the good parts are worth it!

oh lordy this drags......but the good parts are worth it!

• Jan 21, 2012

Taking its title and music from metal band Cradle of Filth and starring one of its members, Cradle of Fear is a low-budget gorefest that attempts to reignite (or at least pay homage to) the horror omnibus films of the 60s, 70s, and early 80s. It features four different horrific tales filled with sex, dismemberment, and Satanism all strung together by a convicted child killer, his evil disciple, and the detective trying to solve the killings. Cradle of Fear looks terrible--it is shot-on-video trash of the cheapest kind, but it makes up for it with genuine brutality, a truly warped sense of humor, and a genuine desire to depict evil. Not great by any stretch of the term, Cradle of Fear will provide an entertaining evening for fans of super-gory cinema.

• Oct 18, 2011

Any film with Eileen Daly (Razor Blade Smile) in it can't be bad.

Any film with Eileen Daly (Razor Blade Smile) in it can't be bad.

• Jul 03, 2011

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

• Jun 04, 2011

One of the best British B-movies, which, unlike most in the genre, has great gore prosthetics and make up. The Sick Room should been more woven into the story and there was nowhere near enough Dani Filth but...it's Dani Filth killing people off, i really don't care don't need anything else.