Croupier Reviews

• Mar 22, 2018

I usually like neo-noir and "Croupier" is no exception. A slow and steady thriller with an enigmatic and well written central character. Don't expect a James Bond time, or you'll get disappointed.

• Jan 26, 2017

This neo-noir movie is very powerful and reveals well the cards through out its very solid plot, with a nice bluff at the end. Clive Owen's breakthrough and great performance. Croupier is a movie to be watch and re-watched several times. Definitely a must see.

• Dec 20, 2015

El tiene el poder para que pierdas

El tiene el poder para que pierdas

• Nov 17, 2015

Makes you wonder how the Bond franchise would have turned out it they had gone the Clive Owen route instead of choosing Daniel Craig. Very good, if this movie was an indicator.

• Nov 12, 2015

I suspect that all degenerate gamblers like myself would like this. It's tense and engaging and clever. I watched this in 2015, so I had to let myself get into the music and cinematography. For a movie released in 2000, it almost looked like it was from the late 70's/early 80's. Owen's confident brooding was perfect for the character.

• Robert B Super Reviewer
    Sep 28, 2015

Croupier is an excellent British noir film. Clive Owen is great in the lead role and proves that voice over can work very well (hard to imagine the film without it). The film is somewhere between a thriller and a drama. It is very low-key and very different from British crime/gangster films. Croupier watches more like a mystery, keeping the viewer in wonder as to how it is going to turn out. Overall, the film is very well put together and a solid recommendation.

• Aug 25, 2015

Riveting and mysterious, although it somewhat loses it's way in the end with an 'explain-it-away' ending.

• Aug 18, 2015

As if J.D. Salinger wrote a noir film. You can see why people wanted Clive Owen to be the next James Bond at the time.

• May 14, 2015

really good often overlooked gem of pic

really good often overlooked gem of pic

• May 13, 2015

Hodges offers a really interesting - and often neglected - look at the world of gambling and the cynicism that adorns it, in the process also revealing man's dark wishes for each other.