Cruel Intentions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cruel Intentions Reviews

½ May 22, 2017
Totally self-aware of it's presumptuous premise inside a juvenile background, Cruel Intentions context also helps the story to move forward, with an attractive essence between characters, and a silly-yet-enjoyable vision about teenage.
½ May 4, 2017
Although it is well-paced, this movie is downright wicked and disturbs me. None of the characters are likable. I found the story to be appalling and unbelievable. It's a rotten egg! (First and only viewing - Late teen years)
April 30, 2017
Bad acting bad dialog. In what reality are American teens writing each other letters? Archaic out of place useof language. Poor...very poor adeptation of the book.
January 18, 2017
Despite some cliches and a little weak script, Cruel Intentions is a movie with a lot of tension and with a perfectily chosen cast which end could please ones but not anothers. It was good but it could be very better than it was.
December 14, 2016
So amazing. Love this movie. Great casting. Great chemistry.
December 9, 2016
Why critics give it bad reviews is beyond me. It's why you have to be your own critic.
July 13, 2016
Performances from Phillippe, Gellar and Witherspoon make for a great exotic thriller.
½ July 1, 2016
They don't make teen movies like they used to.
June 6, 2016
this movie easily takes romeo & juliet but makes juliet a bad a**
May 31, 2016
Very slick in tone and featuring several future stars in early roles, this self-aware teen comedy about privileged Manhattanites playing games of seduction is very arch, offers a few insights and laughs, but doesn't quite cohere into anything very great at all.
½ May 25, 2016
What a great goddamn movie. I don't know why I never saw this until now. I guess I just had it in my head that it had a completely different vibe than it does. Easily one of my favorites of the 90s, holy shit.
½ May 21, 2016
Sarah M Gellar was sexy in this movie
May 15, 2016
For sure this is my fave teen cult classic film. It has such amazing characters, highlight for Sarah Michelle Gellar's evil bitch Kathryn, and still today it is very quotable.
½ April 30, 2016
The resolution is not as interesting as the rest of the film, but I must say everything leading up to that point is pretty damn entertaining despite some trite dialogue. It has such an attractive cast (Sarah Michelle Geller and Selma Blair made me want to jizz all over my pants), and the game these characters play is thrilling and god damn sexy. Cruel Intentions is pretty good fun.
½ April 22, 2016
The definition of a guilty pleasure movie, especially around the time it came out. So bad, but so good, especially if you like the topic.
½ April 2, 2016
Overrated cliches with some great casting and music. It's the storyline that needs work.
½ March 28, 2016
A titillating and fantastic indulgence in a world of overindulgence.
March 24, 2016
An average movie with decent acting and a good plot.
March 23, 2016
10/10 best of both worlds, la pinche mamada, PINCHE PELICULA BUENA
½ March 20, 2016
I quite enjoyed this. I never expected that Geller could pull of such a role but she did it really well. Not a bad story; one for the dads.