Cruel Intentions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cruel Intentions Reviews

March 26, 2019
I love this movie. If you are a fan of the 90ÔŅ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s you will probably like it.
½ March 26, 2019
First time I saw this, 20 years after it came out. Quite disappointing.
½ March 25, 2019
Despised & hated it. immoral depraved writers. Walked out 1/2 way into it, which I almost never have done. & the main guy was not 'handsome'. saw '20th Anniversary' AMC 3.25.19.
½ March 24, 2019
Why exactly is this garbage in theaters again? It didn't make peoples' lips curl in disgust enough the first time around?
March 24, 2019
Subestimada adapta√ß√£o adolescente de Liga√ß√Ķes Perigosas em uma √ (C)poca aonde o g√™nero terror/ suspense estilo "slash movie" dominava o mercado. Nos apresenta uma √≥tima proposta ao retratar essa gera√ß√£o vista de uma √≥tica mais adulta - aproveitando como tema um conto cl√°ssico numa vis√£o jovem. Personagens e trama cativantes. Boa sacada.
March 24, 2019
The fact that this movie is getting re-released for its 20th anniversary in the midst of the "Me Too" era is really something. A movie like this about bored, over sexed, and over privileged white teenagers would be eviscerated in today's world.
½ March 23, 2019
good movie, when i was a boy i love this movie hahah
March 23, 2019
A classic. Over the top and fun, exactly what it‚(TM)s supposed to be. Critics need to chill.
March 22, 2019
Strange that this, out of so many movies, is getting a re-release.
½ March 22, 2019
.2 weeks I have been trying to get my info off this worthless fucking site and the fuckwits can't seem to get it done.
March 7, 2019
It may be the nostalgia aspect, but I love this movie. Most of the characters are untouchably snobby in the most fabulous way. The story is interesting and unique. It has a maturity to it that teen movies rarely do.
½ March 5, 2019
3/6/2019
Exactly 20 years after it was released, I once again witnessed how it is such a cult classic. This practically catapulted the three main stars into stardom, and probably made some notable careers too for the likes of Selma Blair and Christine Baranski. It is still pretty enjoyable to watch, even after seeing it several times spaced between several years.
February 21, 2019
Had I even been remotely familiar with the movie's source material, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, or even either of the two film adaptations from a decade prior, when I first saw this trashy, transgressive teen sexploitaiton comedy in my adolescence, I might have remembered more than just the famed kissing scene. Having now, in recent weeks, watched both the Frears and the Foreman versions, I actually quite enjoyed how this iteration updates the story to cynically satirize then- (and still-) contemporary snotty teen dramas. Ultimately the concept here is clever enough, even if the (s)execution---particularly the fustian dialogue and Phillippe's cheap imitation of John Malkovich's earlier Valmont---leaves something to be desired beyond just sex.
December 9, 2018
A decent re-imagining of Les Liaisons Dangereuses, although lessened quite a bit by the silly ending
½ November 2, 2018
Honestly I wish I could give this film minus stars. Utterly awful.
½ September 14, 2018
This movie is great if you're a fan of movies set in a time period. This is a 90's movie if I've ever seen one. From the actors to the music it is all quintessential 90's. For me, the fun of the movie comes from seeing all these actors that I know, but don't see in the limelight anymore. If you're coming into this movie to get a mind bending experience, you're going to be disappointed. In 2018 this movie is simply a representation of teen movies in the 90's.
August 17, 2018
reese's best performance by me, but who calls it erotic ?
July 25, 2018
i love the ending and basically this whole movie has an amaizng taste to it !
½ July 5, 2018
Was the psychopath our protagonist? Was I supposed to care about his "plight"?
May 21, 2018
Beautiful movie, 90s genius.