Dark Shadows - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Shadows Reviews

January 11, 2017
The acting was brilliant, so too was the direction and the cinematography - the plot was lacking however
January 6, 2017
Yet another Burton-Depp-BonhamCarter collaboration. This one is mildly decent at best with Depp playing the role of a vampire well enough I suppose. Eva Green is smoldering hot as a blondie, bit odd with an American accent though. It's not a movie that has any lasting power that much is for sure, too kooky for my taste.
January 5, 2017
The scariest bit is the hint at the finale that there may be a sequel to this Tim Burton uninspired, unfunny and unexciting horror comedy.
½ December 31, 2016
Tim Burton is an absolute mastermind.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 28, 2016
fun movie, funny and dark. (2 viewings)
½ December 28, 2016
The film goes worse after the second half but the first half is quite interesting.
½ December 25, 2016
Love theme, story, but execution falls flat
December 15, 2016
The first half of this movie actually kept me interested but it becomes stale quick towards the end. Over dripping with plot twists and effects. It's hard to watch from where the pair came from. I don't get how he directed and edited the end of the movie and said ok I'm satisfied with this. Cmon man!

Anyways the film has some high points because Depp is just so good at making you glued to him as a an actor. However, this could have been so much better Burton had all the tools he just used them with no regard to the final cut.
½ November 21, 2016
Probably The worst vampire movie ever made.
½ November 1, 2016
This was better than it looked but that's not saying too much. Basically Dark Shadows is just uneven across the board, in tone, pacing, and humor. The acting is actually pretty solid though, which is what keeps it afloat. Honestly, it's the type of movie I might have appreciated as a teenager for its style and lightheartedness. But since I am older and wiser, I see it as the type of film that's been done so many times there's really nothing to come back to.
½ October 31, 2016
Enjoyable soap opera of a movie. I know it did not get great reviews but I found it highly enjoyable and entertaining. Yes, it dips in the middle but again, it's predictable and funny.
October 31, 2016
Really good movie. Jonny Depp is hot as a vampire
½ October 23, 2016
it's was ok buut I still enjoyed it overall
September 25, 2016
It was really good in certain ways... Having Depp in the movie make it better... Nice effects of the witch breaking like a porcelain doll. I thought it was a little bit better 'cuz it is a Burton's movie.
½ September 12, 2016
Liked the special effects and details to different times.
½ September 1, 2016
oh god the humanity....even the show this is based on wasn't this pathetically bad
August 31, 2016
Color me surprised. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd like this, but this is a great movie. A lot of fun. I think it was marketed all wrong. Certainly the best thing Tim Burton has done in ages.
August 27, 2016
Puntaje Original: 6.0

A Dark Shadows lo que le faltó fue precisamente eso - oscuridad, ya que parece hecha solo para atraer público adolescente. Si bien es notoria la calidad de la dirección de Tim Burton y de la dirección artística, incluyendo un excelente trabajo tanto de vestuario como de maquillaje; lo que nos ofrece esta película es un conjunto de ingeniosos personajes que como un todo no funcionaron exitosamente envueltos en una trama que se va tornando, conforme avance la película, mas absurda. En resumen es como que te sirvan un plato muy bien presentable pero sin buen sabor.
August 27, 2016