Dark Skies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Skies Reviews

April 3, 2017
Was surprised at how good this was. Genuinely creepy and was fun. I definitely got goosebumps. I recommend for someone who likes mystery thrillers!
½ April 2, 2017
Swing! And a huge miss this movie tried to hard to pay omage to classics like close encounters of a third kind.
February 20, 2017
The potential behind Dark Skies is huge, but without the proper writing or an actual engaging direction the movie goes nowhere, as it takes a premise that has already been explored in many other films, most notably , Signs.
½ February 17, 2017
Super creepy! Really fun alien movie.
½ February 11, 2017
A decent paranormal/ supernatural film with the odd jump scare. Great usage of sound design which leaves you on the edge of your seat, with a decent twist at the end.
February 3, 2017
I think I'm being generous by giving this one two stars. It was borderline boring. The premise was good idea, but the execution didn't quite make it. This film is listed in three categories. The last being horror...Mystery and suspense maybe, but the only horror about this movie was the movie itself. Horrible...
December 4, 2016
While the story has some interesting ideas, too much simply rehashes older alien tales, and the script doesn't seem to know exactly what it wants to do or where to go. [C-]
December 3, 2016
I don't understand all the hate...boring, dull? The movie was not a masterpiece but it was chilling and entertaining. For the budget it was done very well. Makes you think about possibilities if you have a open mind, unlike some film snob loser who never made a real movie in the first place
November 25, 2016
An average horror movie that manages to build an effective mystery and tension better than anyone would expect, even if it doesn't offer anything original about abduction phenomenon that we haven't seen before in better works - say, The X-Files. Still, I find the ending satisfying.
November 19, 2016
Saw all of this producer's other movies and they sucked, why stop now?
½ November 11, 2016
I'm really surprised at the low ratings for this one. The character development for a scary movie was way better than most I've seen from this genre. Also, the creepiness factor was at least an 8/9. I was pleased with this one.
½ October 30, 2016
It's starts out very average, and not ncessarily entertaining, but it later becomes an intriguing horror/sci-fi movie, which is actually pretty tense, creepy and uses a lot of shadows or darkness in the environment. It's nothing new, but it's a pretty satisfying film, and has a very disturbing ending, I'm surprised why this film didn't perform better at the box office. Recommended !!
October 27, 2016
This by and large struck me as a "what if" movie that shares its reality in an honest, intelligent way. As opposed to pandering, taking cop-out shortcuts and the like.
½ October 27, 2016
Entertaining... But not worth investing of your time
½ October 10, 2016
Creepy! Better than expected. The twist at the end was expected.
½ October 4, 2016
This is the worst horror movie I've ever seen. The only reason it gets the half star I gave it is because the premise could have been cool if executed better. The special effects were terrible and the parts that were supposed to creep you out left me and my brother just laughing our heads off because of the poor filmmaking. (Ouija: Origin of Evil): Girl without pupils with her mouth stretched open beyond what a typical human can = creepy. (Dark Skies): a man standing out on the porch with his mouth hanging open = hilarious.
September 21, 2016
An alien abduction movie that delivers the scares but does it like its very careful to not go too extreme or too violent, which in this case is kinda of a weak point and a strong suit. The silence that the film gives to create a creepy atmosphere plays well to the story but doesn't guarantee scares. At the end, the film leaves more to be deserved and leaves you wanting more when you realize later that its all the director/writer is able to give without looking too silly or unbelievable. I found it entertaining but only to a point where I wanted to see more Alien scares, more creepy and chilling events, and more twist along the way. "C+" is my final grade as it may be lesser than what films like The Fourth Kind brings, which that statement in itself is sad.
½ August 31, 2016
Decent acting, but the plot follows every sci-fi horror movie trope in the book. It tries to make you feel like you don't know what's coming, but ends up being trite and expected every step of the way. Not worth the time.
August 20, 2016
As husband and wife Daniel and Lacey Barret witness an escalating series of disturbing events involving their family, their safe and peaceful home quickly unravels. When it becomes clear that the Barret family is being targeted by an unimaginably terrifying and deadly force, Daniel and Lacey take matters in their own hands to solve the mystery of what is after their family.
½ August 16, 2016
Best comedy of 2013. Never laughed this hard at a movie in a long time.