Dark Skies Reviews

• Oct 14, 2019

It's a bit all over the place...but it still manages to be interesting in a few spots.

• Sep 26, 2019

It just wasnt for me. Kinda cheesy, movies of this era are becoming to repetitive and lack that creative directory.

• Jul 03, 2019

What could have been an awesome alien abduction movie turns into a pretty good thriller that does leave a lot of questions unanswered. Keri Russell does well with her role but I wasn’t as impressed with Josh Hamilton. Definitely worth a watch, but it won’t rank among the best

• Jun 20, 2019

A very underrated horror film. This picture relys much more on a sense of eeriness than gore or shock horror. The overall buildup to the truth is eloquent and is sure to send a shiver up your spine more than once along the way.

• Jan 11, 2019

Not much happens for the first 50 minutes but gets quite scary after that. The subject matter is definitely more terrifying than the movie.

• Dec 11, 2018

A well-made horror film. Dark Skies does a good job sending shivers down my spine, especially by the suspenseful soundtrack and excellent performance from the cast.

• Nov 11, 2017

Heed the reviews, avoid. basic and plotless, then end of the film should be the start, left with no conclusion

• Oct 13, 2017

interestingly predictable

interestingly predictable

• Sep 26, 2017

A dark force from out of the world! It was one of the long due film, despite releasing just 4 years ago. Those who saw it said me not to miss it. But they also warned me it was a common horror theme with a slight change in the storyline. Since horror is the least average rated genre in my collection, I was not expecting it to be a masterpiece. That could be another reason why I liked it. Yeah, the same old blueprint horror flick, even though it was not as bad as what some people are saying. Except the opening quote reveals most of the film's twist. And the twist at the end was not actually a twist if a person knew it before. A small family struggling with finances, lately witnessing some strange events in the house. But once it takes a serious turn, now they must find a solution for it, or else the unity might fall apart. After getting some idea of everything happening, they meet an expert and gain some important inputs. Now their fightback begins, the challenge they are about to face going to decide the future of the family. Their plan and its execution, the remaining film is to tell us what happens to them. The JK Simmon's role was one of the most overused roles is horror films. I did not like that, but I liked his appearance. It is also an open end if this film gets a sequel. Like usual when a family struggling, people around them going blind were a cliché. Yeah, I know horror films can't get out of such thing. It's very rare to see a film out of these platforms. Yet it was an okay film, if you prefer a decent entertainment over an experimental film, which is not guaranteed entertainment. But usually it is an enjoyable flick by most of the people. Despite familiarity, one would have a nice time with it. 7/10

• Apr 03, 2017

Was surprised at how good this was. Genuinely creepy and was fun. I definitely got goosebumps. I recommend for someone who likes mystery thrillers!