Darkness Reviews

• Jun 23, 2019

I actually don’t think this movie is as bad as some of the reviews. I admit I watched most of the movie before realizing it was the same one I had watched 15+ years ago. The ending is what kind of ties the whole thing together, imo, Yes, it’s not the strongest plot, the acting isn’t great but not terrible, but it’s a decent watch overall.

• Jun 10, 2019

Unrated version: Boring plot, generic script, mostly everything is terrible except the acting.

• Jul 08, 2017

Terrible movie. Director Balagueró earns credit for visual style during some of the film's more creepy moments, but whether it be a side-effect of studio editing or a weak screenplay, this film is dull, predictable, generally unscary and features lackluster performances from its cast, with an ending that answers no questions and feels very unrewarding.

• Jul 18, 2016

It's not about fear, it's all about atmosphere and....darkness. A good story, with a strong climax and a solid acting around. A must see!

• May 29, 2016

Probably the most underrated horror film, in movie history. Yes, some ideas are recicled, but atmosphere and dread slowly build up to an outstanding twist and ending, that gives the film, as a whole, a sense and a message, so disturbing, repulsion is a logical reaction to the film itself. A movie I will never cease to vindicate, and the promise of great things to come to Jaume Balagueró (REC), despite the - oddly - overrated "The Nameless", his debut film. "Darkness" has a great cast (Anna Paquin, Lena Olin, Giancarlo Giannini) and I will never understand why this film has been panned so much, despite its minor flaws.

• Nov 22, 2015

Yet another haunted house movie. This one was bad, the plot was poorly explained and in general it was pretty boring. Geena Davis couldn't save this film from mediocrity.

• Jun 10, 2015

Boring and predictable

Boring and predictable

• Apr 23, 2015

Una de las películas más malas que haya visto!

Una de las películas más malas que haya visto!

• Feb 19, 2015

The pacing of the editing during the the actual 'horror' sequences is fairly strong, pretty much everything else is abysmal - particularly the performances.

• Sep 05, 2014