Dzien swira (Day of the Wacko) (The Day of the Freak) Reviews

• Oct 28, 2018

Really quirky but funny film! Loved it! It has the neurosis of a Woody Allen film and banality of a Toussaint novel

• Jul 16, 2017

This is a zeitgest, a movie which describes the weekdays of the 1980's in middle Europe.

• Jul 13, 2014

It's definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.

It's definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.

• Stephen E Super Reviewer
    Oct 13, 2012

Maret Koterski's darkly comedic account of a neurotic schoolteacher is every bit as disturbing as it is hilarious. Maret Kondrat's ferocious performance fits the role like a glove, resulting in one of the more unlikable yet relatable characters out there. "Day of the Wacko" is a smart, sometimes crude satire that works most of the time, and it's almost impossible to forget.

• Aug 24, 2010

funny in places, but indisciplined. overall a bit hit and miss

funny in places, but indisciplined. overall a bit hit and miss

• Aug 22, 2010

Fakt vtipny film, navic sceny jako vareni kafe a jizda vlakem mi byly velmi velmi blizke :-D

• Aug 22, 2010

Fajos? – Nie, chujos! :D great movie with typical polish evergreen: kurwa! ja pierdole! :D

• Jul 05, 2010

can anybody recommend me where to find this movie with good, english or french subtitles? It's one of my favourite polish movie, but I think, as probably most of polish viewers, quite hard to translate into other language without loosing the main point of the film. The Day od the Wacko is definatelly worth to see, especially if we understand that it's not just a comedy about everyday's problems, but drama about sad, lonely, lost and frustrated middle-aged man, and a bit exagerrated ironic picture od Polish society. I'd like to show it to my foreign friends that's why good subtitles would be nessasary so I won't need to explain any jokes, especially this one based on the language.

• Jan 18, 2010

(****): Thumbs Up A very funny film. Well-worth seeking out.

(****): Thumbs Up A very funny film. Well-worth seeking out.

• Jan 03, 2010