Daybreakers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daybreakers Reviews

August 15, 2016
Not very good. Boring, acting not great. Had a low budget feel about it. Mediocre story line. Sorry I can't give it a better wrap, I just didn't like it.
½ July 12, 2016
Smart take on the regular vampire flick. Fast paced, edgy, interesting, and enjoyable!
½ May 26, 2016
Not an amazing film, but with a concept I can't seem to forget.
½ May 17, 2016
The casting, lighting and cinematography make Daybreakers appear a little more generic then the story actually is. If you can get past that and Ethan Hawke's extremely punchable face, Daybreakers is actually a decent take on the vampire genre with enough of a twist (albeit borrowed to some degree from Blade II) to make it interesting. Overall the Spierig's have put together a well crafted, if a bit generic looking take on a genre rapidly burning itself out.
March 9, 2016
Popcorn flick, nothing to special.
½ March 5, 2016
Though it tries too hard in some respects, it gives us a pretty original setting and different situations in this sci-fi/fantasy/horror.
February 17, 2016
Confused as to why no one likes it? If you like vampire movies, you probably hate originality and vice-versa. Not rotten at all; don't trust the rest of the reviews.
December 23, 2015
I think this film is an awesome take on the vampire genre!
December 21, 2015
A Movie with an interesting concept, a so so plot, not so great of an execution, and a terrible ending. All and all, not much point is made and a whole lot of opportunities were missed. it could've been a metaphor for energy crisis, or animal cruelty issue (brew and "milk" human like modern day slaughter house)

Ethan Hawke essentially phoned in the performance, and While Claudia Karvan is an attractive actress, she plays it like she's in a tv show (and she is a tv actress).
September 19, 2015
The beginning was good, there were so much potential about this movie, the second part just show the lack of money left to make a good ending. I call this movie a mix between Matrix and Knight Rider. What a shame! it could have been so much better.
September 13, 2015
I don't understand why so many moviegoers didn't like this film. I thought it was very entertaining, and I loved the modern day twist to vampirism, and the consequences of the human desire to live forever.
½ September 4, 2015
Still prob the best vampire film i can think of. All the right original ideas mixed w a killer look and story. Live and CG effects used in all the correct ways.
½ August 29, 2015
It was better than I thought it would be
August 5, 2015
Great vampire apocalypse story.
½ July 25, 2015
Mid budget B flick? Not too bad, but not good either.
½ July 24, 2015
Good but not great. Something was missing or not quite there for me. May be over played vampires not sure. Still worth viewing.
½ June 29, 2015
While a refreshing idea, Daybreakers remains a pretty poor experience that doesn't stray enough from the B horror nonsense.
½ June 28, 2015
Refreshingly original and unique. Daybreakers makes for satisfying entertainment for genre junkies and a change of pace for those tired of Twilight.
½ June 5, 2015
"Daybreakers" stands out on its own throughout the array of vampire films released thanks to its scope and backstory which reach surprising depth and are constructed in rich detail without being taken to seriously. Plus, the film manages to provide thrills with its bloody and intense action sequences.
June 1, 2015
Wow the 1st ten minutes were intensly gory!! Very very awesome concept of the humans being the minority! Nice twist! Pretty good movie overall though!