Dead Poets Society - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Poets Society Reviews

April 2, 2017
Peter Weir, Robin Williams, and the genuine work by the youth help make this teen school drama deep, inspirational, and occasionally whimsical.
½ March 23, 2017
Yang menarik, Dead Poets Society berkisah tentang apa yang sebetulnya banyak dialami kalangan remaja saat ini. Mulai dari bagaimana seorang remaja berbakat yang akhirnya memutuskan untuk menghilangkan nyawanya karena merasa tidak berdaya dalam mencapai keinginan hati yang sebenarnya dan terus diatur oleh orang tuanya; hingga tentang seorang guru yang harus menanggung kesalahan yang bukan Ia perbuat.
March 14, 2017
This was one of the best and most inspiring movies that I have watched. It is also the first movie that has made me tear up and almost cry and I was able to relate to this movie a lot.
½ March 5, 2017
Hands down one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Like they wrote a comedy and then decided that it should have been a drama all along. Changed direction and really caused me to get up and leave the theater. Good but completely miss-cast cast.
February 8, 2017
An all time masterpice. Must see.
February 6, 2017
Too good. Can I cry ??
½ February 1, 2017
Oh Captain, my Captain, Carpe diem!!!
January 26, 2017
Robin Williams delivers one of his best performances of his career in this still relevant drama.
January 22, 2017
Robin Williams teaches his students to seize the day in an uplifting and inspirational drama. It has gotten better over the years and has become a favorite of mine. (First viewing - Fall 2001)
½ December 28, 2016
One of those dramatic movies that you'l remember your whole life.
December 22, 2016
A great movie with an important message about thinking for yourself. Robin Williams is incredible as the non-conventional teacher that actually tries to instill valuable lessons in young students.
½ December 8, 2016
Dead Poets Society is anything but ordinary.
December 8, 2016
An incredible drama film that delivers marvellous performances from a young cast, and contains one of the most moving endings ever put to film.
December 6, 2016
This was high times for movies. The 89 and 90 movies were among the best of all time and Dead Poets Society sits second to none of them. Robin Williams delivered his greatest performance and molded the film to near perfection. At the time of filming Williams was going through a painful divorce. Possibly this was just one of the factors that made his performance so endearing and believable. So many films have been made of the "high school" years yet Dead Poets Society is the diamond in the rough. We'll say Fast Times at Ridgemont High is the emerald or dirty diamond. Anyway, the film is loaded with talented actors and backed by a story that will never leave your mind. Each character has their own soul and together they form a story equal to Shawshank Redemption. A movie I feel is the greatest screenplay of all time (sorry Chinatown). Thiss film made me quit football my senior year and try acting in plays, just to see if I could. I would recommend this film to all and any. Films may rate highest at a five but Dead Poets Society is a perfect 5. Good watching!
December 4, 2016
12/4/2016: A pretty great and powerful movie. This might be Williams best!
November 12, 2016
Most I've cried over a movie.
November 9, 2016
Some of William's best work. This simple film proves that, sometimes, less is more. An inspiring movie that gets the water-works going every time. I'd recommend to all my friends.
½ November 3, 2016
Dead Poets Society is very well acted with Robin Williams being so good, its dark turn near the end is commendable and the film deals with important themes and issues, but it is made as a typical Oscar bait, there isn't enough of Williams in it and the ending is beyond mawkish.
October 24, 2016
Le Cercle des Poètes Disparus reste dans l'imaginaire populaire comme un des meilleurs rôles de Robin Williams, là où son personnage n'est pas si éloigné que celui d'Awakenings ou plus tard de Will Hunting. Toujours est-il que le film de Peter Weir est plutôt réussi, avec son groupe d'étudiants attachants qui se voient enseigner la poésie par un professeur différent. Il est malheureux que le film se concentre plus sur eux que sur Robin Williams, justement, qui n'est jamais aussi bon que lorsqu'il est canalisé. On retrouve d'ailleurs Ethan Hawke, Robert Sean Leonard ou Josh Charles dans le groupe des étudiants, qui étaient alors vraiment prometteurs. Mais Le Cercle des Poètes Disparus est un peu trop long pour ce qu'il a vraiment à raconter et la dernière demi-heure semble presque manipulatrice plus qu'une conséquence logique. Finalement décevant.
October 5, 2016
Like the story, but the dead poets society is gay. Beginning and ending were fine, middle burning. More about students