Death at a Funeral - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death at a Funeral Reviews

½ December 22, 2016
hahaha this movie looks hilarious
October 17, 2016
This was ok. I need to see the original. Had some very funny moments but average in general.
½ August 17, 2016
Just as good if not better than the original.
July 31, 2016
Very funny in places but a bit limited.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
Enjoyed it some of the time a few funny moments but slow in spots and no real plot to enjoy.
½ July 9, 2016
Lots of big actors in this movie. Its definitely a black movie but im ok with that. Kevin hart does another great job. Why are people so down about this movie? It will make you laugh, give it a chance. Its hilarious and i loved it. Good humor for everyone to enjoy.
½ July 2, 2016
you've got to be kidding me. this movie came out starring white people TWO years ago. Same characters, same story line, same midget.
January 30, 2016
Funny and loud in part to the volume. Overall spontaneous at best!
October 25, 2015
Great cast and pretty funny.
September 8, 2015
Oh god, why?? The original is just better.
½ August 2, 2015
You'll come out with a stomach ache. Go see it.
½ June 15, 2015
Stupid and very a lousy/poor remake. Watch the original and this movie alone. Some funny moments and James Marsden did the best performance in this. Martin Lawrence and some others was like that they act the act same role over and over again.
June 4, 2015
Yeah it's a bad comedy, but if you watch the original "Death at a Funeral," you'll see the bar was not set that high.
May 15, 2015
no downer moments, lots of energy, great script
April 20, 2015
Too many big names with not a lot of laughs but enough to make it watchable. Plus the extortion by Dinklage is pretty funny
March 6, 2015
Managers to raise a couple of laughs, but this is a pretty lame comedy in the main that's attracted a fair number of established - but now ageing actors and this shows.
February 24, 2015
Decent cast, though I am not sold on Chris Rock's attempts at serious acting. And Martin Lawrence and Luke Wilson are pretty flat. Has its moments but no guffaws. Apparently a remake? No desire to see the original after this. Afternoon time waster.
½ February 13, 2015
If you like this movie, you're going to hell (sorry Roger Ebert). If you were in it, then you're going much further. Such evil is this film, it is not matched by the likes of Hannibal Lecter, the Joker, Nurse Ratched or the Wicked Witch of the West. I god damn bloody despise american cinema for this very reason. This film is EVERYTHING the original wasn't , with lame toilet humour and downright annoying acting. This movie is a f'ing disgrace to the original. I don't even care that I just said that. This film is NOT funny, it squanders the dark humour aspect the original so eloquently tackled and frankly Chris Rock is simply awful. The story itself is almost identical to the original, but in every other way this film gives me diarrhoea. Hang your heads in shame, and wallow in your own filth as punishment
January 18, 2015
The dark comedy remake of the 2007 British same-genre film provides a good ensemble cast of mostly black all-stars, along with a switching pattern of funny (on) and weird (off). (C+)

(Full review coming soon - requires another viewing probably)