Death Proof - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Proof Reviews

½ April 7, 2018
This movie left me with mixed feelings and a lot of questions. It's fun in a wacky violent kind of way and the very long dialogue filled scenes have a nice momentum. However, the last act, the race-revenge-sequence, was too cartoonish for my taste and had an annoying amount of continuity errors. Tarantino claims this is his worst movie. I'm definitely not up there with him, but I agree. But it's still a Tarantino movie. This one is clearly not for everybody.
March 29, 2018
While Tarantino's entry to the Grindhouse double feature doesn't fully showcase his talents as a writer-director, it is nonetheless a thrill to watch with an interesting premise that is delivered effectively by its casts' lead, Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike.
March 29, 2018
What a piece of crap , Taranntinos ugly ass needs stay out of his stupid movies waste of time
March 17, 2018
This movie was short on action and spent WAY too much time with annoying girls having stupid, meaningless conversations about nothing. The car chase at the end of the movie just couldn't save this movie from being pretty terrible.
March 15, 2018
Tarantino at his best. The dialog was great, Kurt Russell was great and I had a lot of fun watching this movie. 5/5

Watched it again and loved it!
½ February 19, 2018
Con altri suoi film Tarantino ci ha dimostrato che può fare molto meglio di così, questo è un film mediocre che non lascia niente ed intrattiene in modo moderato. I dialoghi taglienti di certo non mancano ma è la narrazione blanda e piatta che non convince, con personaggi volgari e poco coinvolgenti.
December 27, 2017
Road rage, violence, blood, sadism and homoerotism put together to build this lunatic portrayal. Fun to watch, but underperfoms at many levels.
October 20, 2017
Full of blood, witty dialogue, over-the-top characters and a great performance by Kurt Russell! Tarantino delivers a solid entry into the Grindhouse genre!

While definitely not as strong as his other contributions to film, Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof" is still a solid piece of entertainment. However, the middle of the film almost seems to forget what it was trying to be, almost throwing the tone and pace completely off. After the solid opening scene with Russell stealing the spotlight immediately, and first twenty or so minutes of the film, the movie slows down to introduce the three protagonists of the film, however, it seems as if they just are stuck in the car rambling on about nonsense for a good chunk of the film. None of them are really interesting, but it's not completely boring as Tarantino's dialogue manages to save it. It isn't until Kurt Russell is re-introduced in the film and meets up with the protagonists where it starts to pick up again, and of course, the tone becomes even goofier. Girls dangling off of the edges of cars, getting thrown off the hood with only minor scratches. However, since it's a Grindhouse movie, it's forgiven. But nothing ever seems to match the excellence of the first twenty minutes. It's still a solid movie that's a lot of fun! If you're a Tarantino fan, definitely check this one out! If you're not, still watch it. Good movie!

4/5 Stars
October 12, 2017
I'm Making Really Violent R-Rated Movies That Are Going To Be Made For Teens And Adults.
½ September 14, 2017
Ended kinda lame but the build up was awesome
September 11, 2017
Just to get it out in the open as quick as possible, Death Proof is no Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill and one or two lines have been removed from the US cut that helped with the comedic punch, but Quentin Tarantino's original cut of his exploitation homage shows the man's still got it. True, people are gonna be a little miffed because there's even more dialogue, but hey, that's Tarantino's thing and he's got the modern woman's language down to a T. The new scenes involving Kurt Russell help increase Stuntman Mike's creepy, and ultimately pathetic, factor (I honestly feel the man could be down for a couple awards for this performance), the lapdance is one of the sexiest scenes to be included in a movie since Cuaron made Y Tu Mama Tambien, the performances by the women are top notch, considering the material its based on - especially Dawson, Ferlito, Thoms, & Bell - QT's picks in music continue to be inventive, and anything involving those vintage muscle cars, aside from trashing them, is just bonafide badass.
August 18, 2017
It may be the least great of Tarantino's films, but Death Proof is far from bad. Kurt Russell gives a friendly yet menacing lead performance, and the supporting cast is at the top of their game. The script is excellent, and the action is brutal and intense. In the words of my father, Death Proof is "the most violent feminist movie I've ever seen."
August 6, 2017
Finally got round to watching this...which is strange for me as I'm a massive Tarantino fan. It may have been because I loved the Rodriguez half of the Grindhouse double and was weary that this would not be as good. In the end, it wasn't...but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Tarantino's love and knowledge of film shines through here and the gritty 'warped film' look works a treat. The acting is as good as it needs to be...and not much is expected. Kurt Russell is obviously having a good time. There are plenty of sexy asses (there seems to be a fixation in this film...not that I'm complaining) and all round eye candy to enjoy. Tarantino's writing is still prominent throughout...and I am always in awe at the man's skill to make benal conversation interesting...and often iconic. However, more story for next time please...
June 26, 2017
Quentin Tarantino delivers a very entertaining -yet boring at first- film that got me at the edge of my seat during the climax.
No car chasing scene has ever been more thrilling for me in movie history.
:D
May 29, 2017
I absolutely loved this. It looked amazing (women, cars, the action), the music was great, I actually enjoyed all the lengthy conversations and the ending was just a cherry on top of it all. Pure pleasure (and a little bit of fright).
April 26, 2017
I liked the car crash scenes but I hated the annoying girls chatting that takes up 90% of the movie
April 21, 2017
Very forgettable film.
½ April 13, 2017
4/13/2017 (2): Meh. A really great cast, but an ok movie at best.
½ April 2, 2017
Say what you want, but I love "Death Proof." I think it's definitely one of Tarantino's best and most misunderstood. Plus, Kurt Russell just owns the part of Stuntman Mike.
½ April 1, 2017
Not Tarantino's best work but its another entertaining version of Grindhouse. Fans of his filmmaking will still find it enjoyable. B+.