Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

Quiet entertaining even though the plot is a bit thin.

Quiet entertaining even though the plot is a bit thin.

• Feb 24, 2019

This is a kick ass movie of the genre a much watch one of a kind paying tribute to the series in it's over the top 80's theme. Could you re create this film? Maybe but I doubt it would be any good just watch it especially if your an 80's movie buff.

• Feb 01, 2019

How many push-ups can Chuck Norris do? All of them.

How many push-ups can Chuck Norris do? All of them.

• Jun 20, 2018

You know it's not a quality production when even Chuck Norris is on record as saying he didn't like this film (which was incidentally directed by his brother). The original Delta Force film was not all that good, but at least it had some credibility with a star studded cast of past-their-prime old Hollywood stars to bolster the weak story and action. This time we're left with direct-to-video quality of stars, led by Norris, now commanding the Delta Force with John P. Ryan (who almost died during production in a helicopter accident) against the evil South American drug kingpin Billy Drago. I suppose Richard Jaeckel qualifies as a past-their-prime old Hollywood type of star who appeared in the first film, but that film had multiple stars, which made it a bit classier and more like a 70s style Irwin Allen disaster film, but really there's no reason to watch this film unless you're a Chuck Norris die-hard or if (SPOILER ALERT!) you want to see another film where Billy Drago falls to his death (can you name that film?).

• Jan 18, 2018

Boring, bloated, and wholly unoriginal.

Boring, bloated, and wholly unoriginal.

• May 19, 2015

I can confess that Chuck Norris films are a big guilty pleasure for me, he's just a walking badass who can deliver terrible dialogue straight up, and kicks some butt - yet just about any movie he's in is mediocre to plain bad, Delta Force 2 is totally no exception to that, its a terribly predictable by the numbers action movie dealing with taking down a drug king pin (and trust me, the 80's and early 90's were FULL of these films, so you've seen this shit before). You see every turn coming, and cause its this formulaic, you notice how stupid everything is in terms of the conventions and the foolishness of the characters. For example, if you know the kingpin you just brought to court is going to make bail easily, shouldn't you put your family under protection? Of course they don't, its gives an excuse for people to be killed and revenge to ensue. On the other hand, I cringed and laughed at how ridiculous this film is. An American army force literally tells the president of a country to fuck off and they blow the shit out of drug plantations. THAT WOULD NEVER PASS, not to mention the colonel was a fucking nut! In a stupidly admirable way, this film has balls! The kingpin, played by Billy Drago, is typical love-to-hate bad guy, but its the look of him and his voice that somehow delivers the role in a passably enjoyable. He was in The Untouchables, so be acquainted with him certainly helped. Anyhow, the action finale gives Norris fans what they want: lots of Chuck Norris kicking the crap out of baddies and shooting 'em up, but the action also feels like early 90's MIchael Bay, cause holy mother of shit is the action excessive! The finale itself is excessive and doesn't know when to quit, as I pointed out a couple of points where it should've just ended, I think director Aaron Norris gave little shit about plot and clearly got cocky with the action (he is a Norris, so I guess "action" runs in the family). Watch if you like Chuck Norris and... action with lots of explosions, but no matter what its just another bland 90's kingpin action film.

• Apr 02, 2015

Chuck Norris Returns, this time taking on drug kingpin Cota (Billy Drago). This takes a massive nose dive when it comes to both a script & plot. However this is a more hardcore action flick than the previous instalment which see's Norris at his best, kicking ass.

• Mar 18, 2015

A fun sequel. Not even close to as good as the first one.

A fun sequel. Not even close to as good as the first one.

• Jun 28, 2014

one of the true greats of moving picture shows

one of the true greats of moving picture shows

• Jan 14, 2014

why do all the critics compare every Chuck Norris movie to rambo? Rambo never fought Bruce Lee. Rambo never fought oddjob. Rambo never fought the guy from scarface. I have no idea why it was called the Colombian connection though.