The Descent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Descent Reviews

April 7, 2017
Scary and intense. Im a little claustrophobic so this one really touched a nerve
April 1, 2017
"The Descent" is probably the scariest movie of this generation. A very underrated, and misunderstood horror film.
March 20, 2017
pretty good little horror film
½ March 15, 2017
An entertaining and creepy addition to the horror genre. Don't think I'll be exploring any caves anytime soon.
January 29, 2017
Worst movie I've ever watched. Oh wait, there's the Last Airbender but still I don't see what the critics find brilliant in it. Full of plotholes,
January 23, 2017
"The Descent" is one of my absolute all time favorite films. The dynamics between the girls and their fight for survival keeps the audiences attention for sure. The plot and character development is a very strong and full one with twists and turns leaving viewers on the edge of their seat. The film definitely is a must see and is one of the top horror films of all time.
January 21, 2017
While the movie is your typical story line, this particular movie messes with your mind.
January 11, 2017
A gripping plot, an excellent cast and the perfect blend of violent and tear-jerking moments makes "The Descent" a claustrophobic masterpiece.
½ January 8, 2017
The Descent has bland characters like almost every other horror film, but it scared the living hell out of me which is rare because I don't get scared easily.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 31, 2016
I always thought this was good, but a little too overhyped, but viewing it Ten years later, without a hype train affecting it, this is actually a really damn great horror flick. Tense, atmospheric and creepy. Great ending too.
December 30, 2016
One of the best horror/suspense movies ever, particularly if you are claustrophobic in any way. I can hardly stand to watch some of the scenes in this movie, yet I can't look away. I will never set foot in a cave again!
December 18, 2016
Dizzying camerawork and dimly lit cinematography give a claustrophobic sensation to The Descent, an exciting, female-driven adventure that features plenty of gore and mutants-feasting-on-flesh action, but also has enough smarts to honor its dynamic performers.
December 7, 2016
4/5. The first half is pretty much the most terrifying experience I have watching a movie. The second half isn't quite as riveting, but all in all, The Descent is one hell of a scary movie.
December 7, 2016
Imagine being forced to watch paint dry while receiving an enema and a root canal!
October 31, 2016
Why this film is so well regarded is beyond me. Aside from some clever lighting and cinematography, The Descent is a poorly-executed, terribly edited, movie with sloppy storytelling and a ridiculous ending, with a good mix of predictable plot points and jump scares to boot.
October 31, 2016
Huzzah! This one didn't suck. lol
½ October 31, 2016
Way better than The VVitch.
½ October 30, 2016
Another horror movie that you don't care about the characters at all in. The accents are all dodgy in that they sound terrible next to each other. How on earth one girl survives long enough for her to say who killed her after an axe through her spine or neck... Also, frenetic directing means you have no idea what's happening in acting moments.
½ October 28, 2016
Phenomenal. Pure thriller. They build up your anxiety to just pure insanity to scare you at the perfect time. Also tastefully gruesome. Only gave it 4.5 purely on just minor flaws in the logic of the feud developed between the characters. Other than that, great movie to scare the hell out of you.