The Descent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Descent Reviews

June 12, 2017
really creepy and scary horror flick. this is a mixed bag. there is a lot to love. like some of the directing, the claustrophobia in the caves, the suspenseful tone, some beautiful shots, the realistic feel created by not using any unnecessary light in the caves other than the light that the characters are producing. there are also a lot of flaws. while i give it credit for the realism from no extra lighting, it was also annoying at times since i couldn't really see much in some of the scenes. and in a lot of scenes i could barely see what's going on. and a lot of shaky cam was used along with some sloppy editing which also made it hard to see what was happening. and some of the story elements seemed out of place or unnecessary. if it wasn't for these flaws this could have been an amazing movie. still very enjoyable (2 viewings)
May 29, 2017
One of the very best Horror movies I've ever seen. Glad I watched it at home where I could distract myself. I think i the theater I would've gotten a heart attack. Unrelenting fear and horror.
May 24, 2017
A surprisingly scary and wild creature feature! The claustrophobic atmosphere inside the caves was excellent in setting the tone and the all female cast does a really nice job
½ May 15, 2017
The first act was a little slow and the jump scares were really cheap, but the rest of the movie was very claustrophobic and very scary. Definitely worth a watch!
April 26, 2017
Tedious because this movie is similar to so many others of its kind. Good enough
April 7, 2017
Scary and intense. Im a little claustrophobic so this one really touched a nerve
April 1, 2017
"The Descent" is probably the scariest movie of this generation. A very underrated, and misunderstood horror film.
March 20, 2017
pretty good little horror film
½ March 15, 2017
An entertaining and creepy addition to the horror genre. Don't think I'll be exploring any caves anytime soon.
January 29, 2017
Worst movie I've ever watched. Oh wait, there's the Last Airbender but still I don't see what the critics find brilliant in it. Full of plotholes,
January 23, 2017
"The Descent" is one of my absolute all time favorite films. The dynamics between the girls and their fight for survival keeps the audiences attention for sure. The plot and character development is a very strong and full one with twists and turns leaving viewers on the edge of their seat. The film definitely is a must see and is one of the top horror films of all time.
January 21, 2017
While the movie is your typical story line, this particular movie messes with your mind.
January 11, 2017
A gripping plot, an excellent cast and the perfect blend of violent and tear-jerking moments makes "The Descent" a claustrophobic masterpiece.
½ January 8, 2017
The Descent has bland characters like almost every other horror film, but it scared the living hell out of me which is rare because I don't get scared easily.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 31, 2016
I always thought this was good, but a little too overhyped, but viewing it Ten years later, without a hype train affecting it, this is actually a really damn great horror flick. Tense, atmospheric and creepy. Great ending too.
December 30, 2016
One of the best horror/suspense movies ever, particularly if you are claustrophobic in any way. I can hardly stand to watch some of the scenes in this movie, yet I can't look away. I will never set foot in a cave again!
December 18, 2016
Dizzying camerawork and dimly lit cinematography give a claustrophobic sensation to The Descent, an exciting, female-driven adventure that features plenty of gore and mutants-feasting-on-flesh action, but also has enough smarts to honor its dynamic performers.
December 7, 2016
4/5. The first half is pretty much the most terrifying experience I have watching a movie. The second half isn't quite as riveting, but all in all, The Descent is one hell of a scary movie.
December 7, 2016
Imagine being forced to watch paint dry while receiving an enema and a root canal!