The Descent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Descent Reviews

½ October 7, 2017
You won't find a movie in this genre any better. A must see! Unless of course you're very sensitive, claustrophobic or at risk of having a heart attack.
September 8, 2017
Very bloody at times but not as scary as I thought it would be. Still very good though.
½ September 6, 2017
The movie had a great atmosphere,keeping me on edge and making any startling moments worthwhile.Later on it switched to a less desirable more gory style.
August 29, 2017
Was totally bored during 9/10 of the film. Gave it an extra star for the ending which was relatively satisfying
½ July 16, 2017
I loved the fact that this is the first movie which the gore actually has to do with the plot line and not someone just running around with a machete.
The thriller of feeling claustrophobia, an the unknown made the movie great but the add of the "mystery" made it better.
The acting could have been better but the plot made this movie my gory pleasure.
½ July 14, 2017
I am so claustrophobic that I was already terrified long before any creature attacks started.
July 11, 2017
This is horror at its near finest. A feminist pulse glides this intense ride, and we feel every sting of claustrophobia with the ladies. Furthermore, the crawlers provide a brutal obstacle for the crew. What a fine makeup job, I might add. Highly recommended to anyone seeking a gruesome thriller with a sense of depth and character.
June 12, 2017
really creepy and scary horror flick. this is a mixed bag. there is a lot to love. like some of the directing, the claustrophobia in the caves, the suspenseful tone, some beautiful shots, the realistic feel created by not using any unnecessary light in the caves other than the light that the characters are producing. there are also a lot of flaws. while i give it credit for the realism from no extra lighting, it was also annoying at times since i couldn't really see much in some of the scenes. and in a lot of scenes i could barely see what's going on. and a lot of shaky cam was used along with some sloppy editing which also made it hard to see what was happening. and some of the story elements seemed out of place or unnecessary. if it wasn't for these flaws this could have been an amazing movie. still very enjoyable (2 viewings)
May 29, 2017
One of the very best Horror movies I've ever seen. Glad I watched it at home where I could distract myself. I think i the theater I would've gotten a heart attack. Unrelenting fear and horror.
May 24, 2017
A surprisingly scary and wild creature feature! The claustrophobic atmosphere inside the caves was excellent in setting the tone and the all female cast does a really nice job
½ May 15, 2017
The first act was a little slow and the jump scares were really cheap, but the rest of the movie was very claustrophobic and very scary. Definitely worth a watch!
April 26, 2017
Tedious because this movie is similar to so many others of its kind. Good enough
April 7, 2017
Scary and intense. Im a little claustrophobic so this one really touched a nerve
April 1, 2017
"The Descent" is probably the scariest movie of this generation. A very underrated, and misunderstood horror film.
March 20, 2017
pretty good little horror film
½ March 15, 2017
An entertaining and creepy addition to the horror genre. Don't think I'll be exploring any caves anytime soon.
January 29, 2017
Worst movie I've ever watched. Oh wait, there's the Last Airbender but still I don't see what the critics find brilliant in it. Full of plotholes,
January 23, 2017
"The Descent" is one of my absolute all time favorite films. The dynamics between the girls and their fight for survival keeps the audiences attention for sure. The plot and character development is a very strong and full one with twists and turns leaving viewers on the edge of their seat. The film definitely is a must see and is one of the top horror films of all time.
January 21, 2017
While the movie is your typical story line, this particular movie messes with your mind.
January 11, 2017
A gripping plot, an excellent cast and the perfect blend of violent and tear-jerking moments makes "The Descent" a claustrophobic masterpiece.