Deterrence Reviews

• Jul 22, 2016

Surpringly well acted low budget thriller

Surpringly well acted low budget thriller

• Apr 19, 2016

Although this film was well acted and scripted, I hate the message that this movie puts out--that dropping nuclear weapons is necessary under some circumstances and that it is the duty of the United States to police the world. With Donald Trump vying to be president, and the fact that he says that his foreign policy against any country vs the US is to "nuke 'em, " this a dangerous film to run at this time on any TV channel. And Sean Astin's character certainly typifies the type of person who supports Trump. It's a bad example for any time and place.

• May 22, 2015

A direct to video thriller that's a nice little one time watch and nothing more.

• Feb 12, 2014

Thought provoking and sobering. Hutton was great, as usual.

Thought provoking and sobering. Hutton was great, as usual.

• Jan 05, 2014

I just cannot find this movie anywhere!!!!!!

I just cannot find this movie anywhere!!!!!!

• Sep 22, 2012

This is the first effort from Lurie, who went on to make the superior "The Contender" after this.

• Sep 25, 2011

Pollak's performance is very good but the film itself falls flat. The film isn't terrible but it is nothing all that good either, simply mediocre.

• Sep 20, 2011

I really liked this film. The film drew me in.

I really liked this film. The film drew me in.

• Ken S Super Reviewer
    Mar 13, 2011

I really REALLY like this one. The premise is simple, in a snowed in diner in the middle of Colorado the president gets stuck on the way to an air force base. The possibility of nuclear war ensues.

• Aug 04, 2010

Amazing! They could have called this "Prophesy", or did G.W. Jr. see this too and model himself accordingly? He must've fallen asleep near the end when the "Unelected" resigned.