Divergent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Divergent Reviews

½ May 26, 2017
Quite how this has rated so high is a mystery. It was so bad and predictable.
You need to be 12 to get anything from this drivel. The main female lead is funny in the fights you could literally push this pencil thin actress over and when she kiss's the male lead it's to near his trying to get off with a child for comfort as she look 14.
May 20, 2017
Amazing movie!! Great story line :D
½ May 4, 2017
Divergent feels like Twilight and The Hunger Games all over again. It essentially combines elements from several teen movies of the past decade, but it did suck me in. Other than some lame moments meant for teens I really enjoyed it. (First and only viewing - 3/29/2014 in theaters)
May 3, 2017
Awesome graphics and action.
½ May 2, 2017
Best movie of the year!
½ April 15, 2017
long, boring, poorly written and directed
March 21, 2017
Divergent has interesting ideas and isn't terrible, but the dialogue is lackluster and the ending is predictable and boring.
March 20, 2017
Its not that its a terrible movie, its just clearly trying to profit on the whole "Im a normal teen but Im actually really special" trend.
½ March 19, 2017
Good movie! Follows the books story line to extent.
March 18, 2017
Divergent is a great but silently bland film compared to the eccentric book it's based on. But mostly I'm not disappointed because it mostly stayed true to the book besides leaving some characters out, and Shailene Woodley is fantastic as Tris!
½ March 11, 2017
Shailene woodley saves divergent with her preformance which could've been an utter disaster
March 8, 2017
Aftre I read the books and seen all the movies I can truly say that both first book and movie are the best. So because I am revewing the first movie, I can say that I loved it. Yes, another YA dystopian saga.. so what?! If that's your kind of movies, than it's worth seeing. It sticks to the book, which is a great thing, the actors are also good. The next 2 movies truly are a disappointment, so, being honest, I would recommend just reading the books if you realky like the story.
February 28, 2017
AWESOME!!!!! THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!
February 21, 2017
Divergent Review
I liked this movie because it had lots of great detail on the set and in the special effects. If you are looking for a PG-13 movie and you like a thrilling adventure that makes you want to jump out of your chair Divergent is the movie for you. It has so many good detail that the book tells about Tris or Shailene Woodley and about the places she went and what she did jumped of and into.This movie uses the book very well and adds more things to make it even better.

This is definitely a nine out of ten performance because all of the great performances from the actor chooses and the actors themselves like four (Theo James),Jeanine Matthews (Kate Winslet), Caleb (Ansel Elgort),Eric (jai courtney) and of course Tris (Shailene Woodley). People that would enjoy this movie would be people that are lively and believe that you should do what you want to do. The world of divergent is separated into factions from what you are. So if you are brave and fearless and believe that you should be yourself then this is the movie you should watch. This movie teaches you a lesson like all movies that you should be yourself and not force yourself to be what you're not.

This movie portrays the book very well it uses all the major parts in the movie and adds things onto it and makes it better.they put lots of detail from the capture the flag and the initiation or the jumping of things.The details where perfect from the building and the chasm to the .There were lots of minor changes like the aptitude testing and the fear simulators. If you liked the book you will love the movie.

This movie had a lot of great detail and special effects. It had a lot of great characters and a great story behind it. This movie is definitely high on my recommendation list and i'm sure it will be on yours to after you see how good this is.Hope you enjoy this movie as much as I did. :)
½ February 20, 2017
This looked somewhat harmless in the grand scheme of Young Adult Dystopian Fiction, so I gave it a spin via cable recording and it's okay, I suppose, though definitely not directed at the average middle aged male. The various factions are pretty over the top and over simplified, especially whoever the aggro idiots leaping from moving trains are, but it has a few interesting moments and I would see what a sequel looks like, just for the hell of it.

Rental, at best.
February 16, 2017
I read the book and it was 10 times better then this
½ February 16, 2017
Really enjoyed this first part of the series as I thought it was exciting to watch and interesting character development to the story
February 16, 2017
This movie is by far the best movie I have ever seen and I would highly recommend it.
February 11, 2017
Not as good as the book (no movie ever is) but was really good.
The scenery looked almost exactly as I had envisioned while reading. The graphic gory parts of the novel were toned down. The film could have been much darker, which would have made it better. Aside from that I was satisfied with the adaptation.