Donnie Brasco - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Donnie Brasco Reviews

½ August 19, 2017
A bland gangster film that isn't worth watching. Al Pacino and Johnny Depp wasted an opportunity to do something great together. (First and only viewing - 2/22/2010)
June 24, 2017
1972's The Godfather Is My Fourth Favorite Film Of All Time And 1994's Pulp Fiction Is My Seventh Favorite Film Of All Time As Well.
June 5, 2017
My favorite mafia movie. Has all the best characters and drama. Nothing could have been done differently here and its a true story. Ill take this over godfather even!
April 25, 2017
Though Al Pacino has done better crime dramas this is still a solid entry into the genre thanks to the solid cast, engrossing and tense plot, solid production, a good script and a decent score/soundtrack.
March 31, 2017
Great, authentic and underrated flick! Makes me long for the days when Depp wasn't an idiot.
½ March 12, 2017
A solid gangster movie which looks at it from the point of view of those in the lower ranks of the gang
January 31, 2017
It was okay, the ending sucked.
½ January 17, 2017
Great mob story and exceptional casting.
December 19, 2016
Solid movie. Excellent acting. Great music.
½ November 10, 2016
Not a highlight, but a chilling movie to watch !
½ September 6, 2016
Carried by great performances from Johnny Depp and Al Pacino
September 1, 2016
Outstanding at times but has some weird supporting cast her and there!
July 25, 2016
Now nearly 20 years old, this is likely the best Al Pacino mob movie you never saw.Each of the 16 roughly 10 minute chapters seemed polished and complete on its own, like episodes of Sopranos (which came only 2 years later and seemed to borrow from this format).
½ July 18, 2016
Completely forgettable. Not a single scene from this movie stands out to me.
½ July 16, 2016
I film I've watched many times and perhaps some of these gangster movies are set within a decade now, but still makes good viewing and of course it is based upon a true story.
July 2, 2016
Watching Johnny Depp as the lead character, an FBI agent who goes undercover to infiltrate the mob, I have to wonder why he isn't considered one of our greatest film actors of all time. Especially playing opposite Al Pacino in one of his greatest film roles.

Then I remember the acting flubs the adventuresome Depp has had in recent years (Black Mass is an exception).

This is meticulously well told story. Unlike many other mob movies, this film deglamorizes wise guy life.
May 28, 2016
one of the best movies baest on a true story
May 23, 2016
This true to life mobster thriller is bolstered by excellent performances from Depp, Pacino and Madsen. One to watch for mafia fans.
May 23, 2016
Great real-life mafia film. Lots of great performances and a compelling story, and largely rewatchable, in my experience. Unfortunately, like Pacino's character Lefty, it is relegated to second banana against greater films like Goodfellas because, also like Lefty, it does its job but doesn't go all the way. That's not to say it's a bad film; a real-life story with a phony ending would have been worse. However, the real-life reality is that Joseph Pistone's case was pulled before a dramatic real-life tragedy could have occurred, preventing an ending that would have been more cinematically dramatic. Not a flawed film by any means (except maybe the soundtrack), and definitely worth watching for any fans of the organized crime/cop genre.
May 9, 2016
Al Pacino e Johnny Depp juntos já é razão para se ver o filme. A história chega a cativar em alguns momentos não dando no entanto para ser um filme fantástico