Don't Think Twice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Think Twice Reviews

May 27, 2017
Entertaining and deals with real feelings of life's successes and disappointments.
½ May 26, 2017
Absolutely excellent. I watched it because I'm in an improv group. I ended up not just relating to those aspects, but the themes of growing up, growing apart, friendship and moving on. Such a good film.
May 22, 2017
more melancholy than I expected
Bradley T. Johnson
½ May 20, 2017
This film will hit anyone very hard who is in the theatre, improv scene and really anyone who feels like their art is undervalued. Tremendous. Rating: 89
May 17, 2017
This is one of those movies that really honestly examines the feelings of an artist trying to make it in what they know deep down is a silly and vain endeavor. I'm not personally an artist but I'm always jealous of those who can make a living for themselves as one. I guess this movies shows that even success is not the rosy, daisy covered field that it looks like from afar.

Watching this the night before I start another hard week of work reminds me of when I used to watch Forest Gump the night before the school year began. The ending is sad, but the sadness is sweet. It's human. It's the kind of sadness that makes me forget about my worries for the upcoming week and just focus on what really matters. That it'll all be okay.
½ May 15, 2017
Cheesy and not remotely funny or witty. The characters were annoying talentless hams. Guaranteed to make you loathe improv. I could not stomach more than 20 minutes of this. I had to watch an episode of Southpark as an antidote.
½ May 15, 2017
Not much of a comedy but its more a character study of one improve group. One hits is big on a Saturday Night (changed a bit for the movie but clearly the show they are referencing). You end up wanting to see more of what happens which is a big complement. Could easy be a tv show with multiple episodes.
½ May 14, 2017
It does an admirable job of letting its players vulnerably share their human truths, but from such an insular, petulant world that it can be hard to connect to them.
½ May 13, 2017
Slow to engage, but ultimately affords some charm. However, stereotyped friendship and significant other woes abound. It's many a movie repackaged with improv comics (though, no mistake, the absolute best in the art form). Funny, yes. Fun, yes. Charming, yes. Just not knock-out.
May 5, 2017
This is a film that is an indie film to the core. Fractured friendships and the depth of each character keeps things emotional every step of the way. Keegan shines in a great supporting role who suffers the jealous wrath of his friends. The film moves at a casual pace, but it's the chemistry that elevates this to the five star rating. This film won't be for everyone but it's a pleasure to see great indie cinema and this pushes me into filmmaking. 05/05/2017.
May 5, 2017
Terribly over-rated. Some decent components, but nothing exceptional here. Greatest strengths are in the character motivations when unspoken.
May 3, 2017
Netflix recommendation
April 9, 2017
Mike Birbiglia's directorial debut is a fantastic look at a group of underachievers in their mid 30s and what happens when one of them makes it big. Keegan-Michael Key and Gillian Jacobs are particularly great but the whole cast shines.
April 9, 2017
Funny and touching world of improv... great effort by the underated talented cast..
½ March 31, 2017
A nuanced look at complex relationships and comedy. I loved it! Funny, sad, uplifting. Great movie, well done Mike Birbiglia.
½ March 31, 2017
Mike Birbiglia's second feature is a home run with stellar cast, a ton of heart, and plenty of laugh out loud moments.
½ March 29, 2017
I I liked this movie more than I thought I would because it is not at all my kind of movie.
March 22, 2017
Viewing this with a love of small theater, improv, and the artistic families we have experienced sure contributed to my love of this film; but clearly it stands on its own as a perfectly blended ensemble story.
March 19, 2017
Great movie, good story but its not worth a 99% rating either. Rotten Tomatoes is ridiculously biased lol. This is a great film tho
March 3, 2017
Slow, dry, could not relate to the characters.