Reviews

• Jun 27, 2011

More like "Let the Right one In". Not as much horror as a movie about friendship plus the creep factor in some parts. There were many layers of emotions being represented in this film. It was a nice movie to watch but just not one that made me want to watch it again or to excitedly tell someone else about. If you can catch it on Netflix and you like a good story but not a real horror story, than you will enjoy this.

• Jan 08, 2010

(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up One of the best Thai horror films I've seen. Well-acted and directed. A well-paced ghost story that is worth seeking out.

• Oct 21, 2009

Similar to Devil's Backbone, but much sadder and darker. More of a ghost story than a horror but it will leave you in tears at the end :)

• Aug 28, 2009

This is a great movie, with more than just suspense and horror. Truthfully, I tuned in at first because it was free and said "horror," but kept watching because it turned out to be deeper than just a ghost story- Mystery and based on a child's struggle for friendship and to accept his life.

• Aug 01, 2009

Great film, kept me watching until the end!

Great film, kept me watching until the end!

• Jul 12, 2009

This isn't particularly scary for a horror film, except for a couple tense jump scenes, but it's still a great Thai film with a moving, well-written story. I guess the oxymoron of "supernatural realism" applies here, since the movie presents issues like death and bullying in a very real manner, but with the added element of ghosts, which allows the filmmaker to explore these issues in a unique and interesting way. It's refreshing that it avoids so many of the ghost story cliches, so I can forgive the fact that the ending still winds up being a little predictable.

• Jun 30, 2009

nice movie...horror daw pero it's not that spooky (believe me)..yet it's good...more of a feel-good type...bilib na talaga ako sa Thai movies...=p

• May 13, 2009

To be honest the first time me and my friends read the title "dorm" we thought it was going to be a scary movie. As we watched we questioned, but at the end it was darn a** good. This is an amazing film and being able to watch a young boy gain a friend even if he is a spirit and being able to help him live on is truely remarkable and heartwarming.

• Feb 08, 2009

In Thailand, Ton Chatree is sent to a boarding school by his father . He becomes scared with the ghost stories his new schoolmates tell about a boy that died in the swimming pool and a young pregnant woman that committed suicide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dorm is a supernatural ghost movie that tackles life about friendship, relationship, care, concern and a lot more..it is not a horror or scary as compared to most Asian Movies I've seen but this is quite interesting, touching & entertaining... Great movie!

• Feb 07, 2009

Very good movie. Its not a horror movie at is often categorized. It was a drama/thriller with supernatural aspects to it. A wonderful tale of friendship and coming of age.