Double Dynamite (It's Only Money) Reviews

• Jun 23, 2016

If it were not for the cast, this comedy would be completely forgettable. Frank Sintra plays a goofy bank clerk who comes into a large sum of money but is then suspected of stealing it from his place of work. His good buddy Groucho Marx helps him avoid arrest, hide the money, and also to woo his girlfriend, Jane Russell. There's really nothing of note here except for seeing three major stars in a very dull comedy. Still, their star power is enough to carry the film and make it watchable for fans.

• Oct 10, 2014

★★ (out of four)

★★ (out of four)

• Oct 08, 2014

Had to see it for he Groucho Frankie combo. It was alright, but I'll never need to see it again.

• Oct 01, 2014

only reason to watch-groucho

only reason to watch-groucho

• Nov 14, 2013

It's an unlikely pairing of Groucho Marx and Sinatra, but it just about works as a comedy with Frank playing it straight throughout allowing Marx to do what he does best.

• Feb 04, 2012

It's one of those classic comedies that are annoyingly written. The characters, situations, are infuriating at times, and I was very distressed through half of the film. If you can relax and enjoy the performances and a few of the jokes, you'll have a decent time. Or if writing in the classic era doesn't bother you, you'll find this is similar to many comedies (or any other type of film) from that era. There aren't as many musical numbers as you might wish, and there are only a handful of funny moments, but it's so great to see Groucho and Frankie together, and they work well together. It's not a bad film, but bad writing will detract greatly from your experience.

• Nov 24, 2011

Never knew Groucho Marx appeared in any movies other than with his brothers, so this was a real treat to watch after my dad discovered it on Netflix.

• Aug 30, 2011

I thought that Jane Russell and Frank Sinatra made a cute couple,but at times this movie got boring! But I still liked it!

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

A hilarious movie with great actors. I wish Groucho had done more movies like this one. Anyway, check it out, it's a good movie.

• Apr 07, 2010

While Jane Russell deplored this film, I found it very entertaining. Frank Sinatra, Groucho Marx (mugging shamelessly) and Jane Russell sing, romance and wise-crack their ways through a machine error. Note: It was made in 1948 but wasn't released until 1951. It also had two other titles at different points. One of which was: It's Only Money.