Dreamcatcher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dreamcatcher Reviews

May 27, 2017
An interesting premise (about MONSTERS THAT COME OUT YOUR REAREND) that's delivered extremely poorly in a laughable film that can be SO confusing!
½ May 27, 2017
Cheese, uninteresting, convoluted mess. The worst CGI this side of the mid nineties with hammy acting that would make Shatner blush. Terrible.
May 19, 2017
Innovative and original
April 20, 2017
I got two words for you: "shit weasels". This movie is so silly its a guilty pleasure.
½ March 17, 2017
A lot of talent in here, but never captures the fun of the novel.
March 2, 2017
A gripping movie, but kinda gross and scary.
½ January 29, 2017
Seems most can't appreciate the genius of Stephen King.

Great cast.
January 19, 2017
I didn't know I was in for an alien movie bugger not a fan
½ January 11, 2017
Dreamcatcher is a bizarre and ill-conceived Stephen King adaptation that's more silly than scary.
½ January 9, 2017
If I could give negative stars I would
November 30, 2016
This movie is obviously terrible, but it's also accidentally pretty incredible.
½ October 30, 2016
Quite the mixed bag, with too much going on. The acting is quite good, and there is lots of fun especially with the psychic moments between the four friends, and between Mr Grey and Henry. Their backstory is interesting, but the aliens....sigh. Bum lampreys for everyone
½ October 29, 2016
Absolutely lost all care for this movie after first thirty minutes
½ October 21, 2016
Dreamcatcher is a decent film. It is about friends who are on a camping trip discover that the town they're vacationing in is being plagued in an unusual fashion by parasitic aliens from outer space. Morgan Freeman and Thomas Jane give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Lawrence Kasdan did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
October 19, 2016
So, you got Morgan Freeman huh? His iconic voice isn't enough to make this film worth watching. This movie is just cheesy. It reminded me of "the day after tomorrow". Very cheesy. There is some gore, but stuff you could probably get away with in a tv movie. They spent a lot of dough on this! This movie is not suspenseful either. It uses a familiar Stephen King cliche' that has the audience getting to know each of the main characters individually. Its hard to identify with any main character at first/\.
½ September 16, 2016
Some likable characterization and relationship-building is probably the main strength of this otherwise rather unremarkable and cliche alien invasion story, and unfortunately, for various story reasons, that strength ends up largely wasted. Beyond that it's largely plot hole filled cut-and-paste sci-fi cliches at best, and plot hole filled cut-and-paste Storytelling 101 cliches at worst.
September 11, 2016
severely underrated , yes the book was better but isn't it always with Stephen King
July 29, 2016
One of the best stephen king adaptions
June 23, 2016
The incomprehensible sci-fi elements are so misguided that the initial chilling atmosphere is swiftly drenched in alien gore and an exhausting runtime.