Dreamcatcher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dreamcatcher Reviews

½ January 29, 2017
Seems most can't appreciate the genius of Stephen King.

Great cast.
January 19, 2017
I didn't know I was in for an alien movie bugger not a fan
½ January 11, 2017
Dreamcatcher is a bizarre and ill-conceived Stephen King adaptation that's more silly than scary.
½ January 9, 2017
If I could give negative stars I would
November 30, 2016
This movie is obviously terrible, but it's also accidentally pretty incredible.
½ October 30, 2016
Quite the mixed bag, with too much going on. The acting is quite good, and there is lots of fun especially with the psychic moments between the four friends, and between Mr Grey and Henry. Their backstory is interesting, but the aliens....sigh. Bum lampreys for everyone
½ October 29, 2016
Absolutely lost all care for this movie after first thirty minutes
½ October 21, 2016
Dreamcatcher is a decent film. It is about friends who are on a camping trip discover that the town they're vacationing in is being plagued in an unusual fashion by parasitic aliens from outer space. Morgan Freeman and Thomas Jane give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Lawrence Kasdan did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
October 19, 2016
So, you got Morgan Freeman huh? His iconic voice isn't enough to make this film worth watching. This movie is just cheesy. It reminded me of "the day after tomorrow". Very cheesy. There is some gore, but stuff you could probably get away with in a tv movie. They spent a lot of dough on this! This movie is not suspenseful either. It uses a familiar Stephen King cliche' that has the audience getting to know each of the main characters individually. Its hard to identify with any main character at first/\.
½ September 16, 2016
Some likable characterization and relationship-building is probably the main strength of this otherwise rather unremarkable and cliche alien invasion story, and unfortunately, for various story reasons, that strength ends up largely wasted. Beyond that it's largely plot hole filled cut-and-paste sci-fi cliches at best, and plot hole filled cut-and-paste Storytelling 101 cliches at worst.
September 11, 2016
severely underrated , yes the book was better but isn't it always with Stephen King
July 29, 2016
One of the best stephen king adaptions
June 23, 2016
The incomprehensible sci-fi elements are so misguided that the initial chilling atmosphere is swiftly drenched in alien gore and an exhausting runtime.
½ June 16, 2016
One of my favorites. Is it flawless? Nah. Is it fun. YES!
May 28, 2016
So insanely stupid that it might be brilliant. The plot is just ridiculous and the dialog is horrible throughout, but I think I finally understand the term: "so bad, it's good"!
½ April 11, 2016
Glimpses of an interesting idea surrounded by utter stupidity. The beginning did have some laughs though, mainly thanks to Jason Lee. Oh, and I really liked Duddits. It's also too long. I can't say that it gets that boring, but you definitely are never wanting to continue watching. And the ending was just alright. Maybe if it had been executed better I would have liked it more. All the leads give there all, but the writing, the script, and the plot are just so stupid that they sometimes look stupid. Morgan Freeman, sadly, isn't the best part or a redeeming value. He honestly was kind of a dick. BUT, I really liked that he wasn't thrown in just so he could narrate the trailer. Even though there are far superior movies that he actually has a role in.
March 20, 2016
Though it's not the worst of Stephen Kings works, it is one of the more forgettable.
½ February 20, 2016
I don't care what your reviews say, I loved this film!
February 7, 2016
This was an amazing movie, one of my personal favorites, but it takes a certain kind of person to understand it.