Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dredd Reviews

July 25, 2016
Beautiful visuals, great characters, and a lack of shaky cam are all the ingredients necessary for a good action film. Not to mention good set design and holding onto some core elements from the source material makes me wish this movie had a bigger budget so the CGI wasn't as painfully obvious. Overall, a fun time with the positives heavily outweighing the negatives.
July 24, 2016
This was freaking awesome!!! Blood bath
½ July 21, 2016
This is a great example of a remake done right this is such a great film its violent it's smart and it's actually better than the original this is a must see the only reason y this doesn't get 5 stars is bc the stupid 3-D cgi
July 19, 2016
A masterpiece adaptation of an amazing English comic book.
Insane, action packed, expertly crafted, gun fueled, snappy one-liner filled, visually spectacular film, that anyone who is even remotely interested in Dredd has to see.
Karl Urban was a perfect choice to play the role of Officer Dredd and just like in the comic (and unlike in Stallone's 1995 version) he doesn't take off the symbolic, iconic helmet.
I can confidently say this is a must see.
½ July 15, 2016
Solidly aggressive and bloodier than it already seems, Pete Travis uplifts the venerable character using a strong cast and a fiercely powerful script.
July 11, 2016
Best comic book adaptation ever
July 11, 2016
One of the most underrated films ever.
July 9, 2016
Rock solid faithful to spirit of comic strip, a rare example of one note plotting and characterisation being entirely justifiable.
June 29, 2016
Surprisingly good movie. Didn't expect alot. Had a good story. Acting was good. Just a good action movie!
June 25, 2016
Some call it underrated, I think the correct term is 'under appreciated' Dredd is in my humble opinion, one of the best comic book to movie adaptations ever. Dredd has everything action movie fans want, and even looks and feels like a classic 80's action movie. It's gritty, bloody, and has a sense of dark humor that is hard to catch at first. Karl Urban tears up the screen with the best Dirty Harry impression that only Clint Eastwood himself can top. The movie is filled with strong female characters that add another element to this film that is both surprising and welcome. Ma-Ma is ruthless and a much scarier character than any of the other villains in this movie. Judge Anderson is acted perfectly and is really the films emotional anchor instead of Dredd. There are parts in the movie that make you seriously question if the hero will survive as they run out of ammo and are perilously outnumbered. Dredd manages to be a feast for the eyes as well, the slo-mo scenes are bloody and somehow beautiful at the same time, which is extremely remarkable. I believe that in the near future Dredd will be recognized as a cult classic that everything fans of the comic book wanted. Dredd is a movie that is unrelentingly brutal, dark, and gory and I could not be happier that I have seen it, make a sequel happen, please!
½ June 25, 2016
You wanted awesome visuals and ultra-violence? Here it is. Not much else going on there though.
June 24, 2016
Such s phenomenal adaption of the series. It's a crime this didn't make more money.
June 18, 2016
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT
½ June 10, 2016
Dark and unrelenting. Dredd never lets up. The acting and characters are great, the story is ok (although not very complex at all), and is lots of fun.
½ June 2, 2016
A nice reboot that packs a hard punch to the wind pipe, karl Urban does well and plays Dredd how it should be done, Some nice gory kills and good special effects, The 3D wasn't used allot but when it was (Mostly on glass and blood) It was used well, Some nice action scenes but could of been a few more, Not as much like The Raid as I thought, Not as good either but The Raid is one of the best action films ever so it was never going to top that, But Dress is still a good entertaining film.
May 29, 2016
Great movie. Gritty, violent and relentless with an awesome dystopian setting and an intriguing plot. Interesting characters as well as a good villain make this movie a must watch.
May 23, 2016
Intriguing and exhilarating, Dredd makes up for its occasionally ridiculous over violence with strong performances and well directed action scenes.
May 21, 2016
best movie y have seen in a while, I have just finished seeing this movie and it is awesome, I haven't found a single flaw in this movie.
May 15, 2016
Way better than i expected. Karl Urban is the embodiment of Judge Dredd, and the story is compeling enough to keep you interested.
½ May 8, 2016
This one of the most visually breathtaking movies in recent years and tells a much better story than most would expect. Karl Urban brings more emotion and humanity to the character of Dredd than all of Stallone's face ever could, and brings us along for one of the best action movies in recent memory. It's The Raid Redemption times 10 with some of the most creative use slow motion filming.