Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dredd Reviews

April 16, 2018
Sweet underrated movie
½ April 16, 2018
This is the Dredd movie that we (fans and general public alike) deserved for the first outing. This is NOT a remake. This is Judge Joe Dredd made real. The budget doesn't allow a vision of Mega City One like the 1995 travesty (although the city-look was good, admittedly). Dredd isn't a hero, he's a fascistic servant of the people, warts and all.
½ April 13, 2018
Pretty faithful to the source material. Urban could have been a tad more authoritative and Thirlby could have acted just a tad more involved in the world, but overall it worked very well. Lots of violence and judgment. Good enough to watch again.
½ April 13, 2018
the sense of insularity works well within its humble budget. the cast is perfect. it's often gory and mindless, but actually well-made. the concept, based on the british comic books, feels somewhat fresh.
April 13, 2018
If anything else this mature comic book movie deserves a franchise. If you love the dredd comics then this will be mostly satisfying. Some liberties are taken but it works well for this contained action romp. I'm sick and tired of comic movies or super hero movies being made solely for kids because most of those comic fans are grown adults now. I hope this doesn't die like the Stallone movie because it's leagues above it and I want more.
April 5, 2018
Awesome! A great action movie with a futuristic edge.
½ March 22, 2018
A remake done correctly. Dredd is filled with intense action and gruesome violence. I am a huge fan of films on dystopias and this did not disappoint. I would love to see more of these movies. Dredd is not for the queasy.
March 21, 2018
The best comic to film adaptation in the world!
½ March 20, 2018
Nice and gory. Worth a watch.
March 12, 2018
Awesome movie wiSH THEY WOULD DO ANOTHER ONE.
½ March 10, 2018
B-. Interesting concept, good effects, and meh plot. Entertaining action movie where main character's constant intense frown is comical. Really corny with the lines at times.
March 5, 2018
The movie Judge Dredd deserved.
February 22, 2018
A feast for the eyes.
February 15, 2018
Criminally overlooked and we'll worth a sequel. Excellent film despite its similar story to the equally brilliant The Raid.
January 27, 2018
The perfect movie for action and violance! If you want a thoughtout story and great filmwork that just a bonus of this movie!
January 20, 2018
Sometimes visually gross & gory, otherwise great
January 16, 2018
Judge Dredd gets the Batman treatment and its worth every second. Getting down and dirty instead of the comical cartoonish Stallone version sets this Dredd apart and on the correct path. The look, the sounds, the violence, the soundtrack all are convincing and what Blade Runner wishes it had to work with. Carl Urban IS Dredd in this version and he is 1000% perfectly convincing in this role. Excellent movie and I watch it every single time it comes on.
January 14, 2018
A great adaption to the classic Stallone version and in my opinion this one is better as it steers more closer to the original comics. The intense gritty action was very entertaining and I loved Karl Urbans performance as Dredd, he portrayed the character very well.
January 8, 2018
Great film in general a shame we did not get a sequel as of yet.
December 31, 2017
How in God's name did this not do well at the box office? Whoever was in charge of marketing should never work on marketing ever again.

A true cult classic up there with Blade Runner.