Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dredd Reviews

February 15, 2018
Criminally overlooked and we'll worth a sequel. Excellent film despite its similar story to the equally brilliant The Raid.
January 27, 2018
The perfect movie for action and violance! If you want a thoughtout story and great filmwork that just a bonus of this movie!
January 20, 2018
Sometimes visually gross & gory, otherwise great
January 16, 2018
Judge Dredd gets the Batman treatment and its worth every second. Getting down and dirty instead of the comical cartoonish Stallone version sets this Dredd apart and on the correct path. The look, the sounds, the violence, the soundtrack all are convincing and what Blade Runner wishes it had to work with. Carl Urban IS Dredd in this version and he is 1000% perfectly convincing in this role. Excellent movie and I watch it every single time it comes on.
January 14, 2018
A great adaption to the classic Stallone version and in my opinion this one is better as it steers more closer to the original comics. The intense gritty action was very entertaining and I loved Karl Urbans performance as Dredd, he portrayed the character very well.
January 8, 2018
Great film in general a shame we did not get a sequel as of yet.
December 31, 2017
How in God's name did this not do well at the box office? Whoever was in charge of marketing should never work on marketing ever again.

A true cult classic up there with Blade Runner.
December 30, 2017
Amazingly well made movie for the budget, and a lot better than the attention it received. Dredd is a beautiful homage to the Judge Dredd series from the 2000AD comic. The acting was excellent most of the way through. The visuals were often stunning. The music was wonderfully unique and very likeable.
December 26, 2017
This is how movies should be made. Short, sweet and to the point
December 21, 2017
what an awesome movie this is. highly recommend
½ December 15, 2017
What the F is with these past non hit flops getting 70+% on RT???

F man Russia is hacking EVERY THING
November 26, 2017
Simply put: I think this is the best comic book movie I have ever seen.

As the credits rolled, I was left with a weird feeling inside: complete and total satisfaction, and not a single complaint.

With a remarkably light budget, this film perfectly tells a story in the world of Dredd. It doesn't over-exaggerate the stakes: a drug lord is endangering the lives of ~10,000 people. She's breaking the law. So she cannot be allowed to continue.

Dredd, gruff and unfeeling, shows up to dispense law and order, which just happens to coincide with justice. His helmet doesn't come off. There is no two-dimensional romance with Judge Anderson. There is a relationship and a mutual respect, but it stays PERFECTLY respectful to the source material.

When all is said and done, with hundreds of criminals in this vast urban cityscape dead, and Dredd is asked by his commanding officer what happened, Urban perfectly captures everything Judge Dredd is with two simple, blunt, un-pretentious words: "drug bust".

Just another day in the life of Dredd. God bless everyone involved in the making of this film, and here's hoping they scrounge up enough for the sequels.
November 19, 2017
So good it needs a sequel
November 19, 2017
Karl Urban is DREDD..rookie
½ November 11, 2017
Dredd, It's an action-packed movie, having good characters and great aesthetics, with a rhythm that keeps you entertained through the whole ride and visuals that add to the story. Dredd may not be a game changer or a contemplation of the big questions of life, but definitely is a good, hard R, action movie.
November 11, 2017
Amazingly faithful to the comics.
October 30, 2017
Think this film is nearer to the vision of the 2000AD comics than the awful Stallone version (although that did have some good ideas). Love the cast who all seem spot on with no real missteps in the casting. Karl Urban is on top form as Dredd, with a lot to do with his chin only on show for most of the film.
½ October 28, 2017
The film that got me into the judge dredd comics
½ October 26, 2017
Lot better than the first.
½ October 23, 2017
Top notch action film. Little corny but fills its needs. Decent plot and performance from Karl Urban. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Poor original but this instalment is well worth a watch.