Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dredd Reviews

½ October 6, 2017
@Karl Urban was the Judge that we should have got...
½ October 2, 2017
I just though it was meh and thinly scripted.
½ September 28, 2017
Fun, intense, and beautifully shot, Dredd is an action film that definitely isn't for kids. Its violence is brutal and over-the-top, which is definitely a good thing. I've never read the comics, but it definitely does them justice. To top it all off, it features what is probably Karl Urban's best performance to date - without ever showing the top half of his face.
September 27, 2017
Loved it, if you can get over the face he makes it's a badass movie
September 17, 2017
Take the grind and grit of all action greats. This is Terminator meets Die Hard meets Robocop. Strong character driven plot and awesome 3D effects too. Such a pitty this movie was soo let down by its advertising campaign. Can happily watch this again and again.
September 14, 2017
Very good. MUCH and I mean much better than Stallone's egocentric version. It followed the comic to the tee. It had Anderson the psychic and Dredd never removed his helmet. Very bloody and the action scenes were intense. Lena Headley was great as Ma-Ma the crime lord. The special FX were very good.
September 1, 2017
Rewatchability level is high! I'd find it hard to love this film any more than I already do. So good.
½ August 23, 2017
A grungy, dark, sci-fi action bloodbath that slams on the gas and never lets up.
August 20, 2017
Makes up for the shite Stallone version.
August 19, 2017
This is what I prefer over the 1995 movie. They got right what the Sylvester Stallone movie failed to do. They kept the helmet on throughout the entire movie, just like they did in the comics. Also, they didn't feature the annoying Rob Schneider. Granted that the 1995 movie was a guilty pleasure, but the 2012 version is much, much better. Karl Urban is a better Dredd than Stallone. That's my honest opinion and I'm sticking to it.
August 12, 2017
****
Visually stunning and full of tension, 'Dredd' is that rare remake that not only improves upon the original, but blows it completely out of the water in every way.
August 11, 2017
They need to make another one. Love all
Judge dredd movies but this one is kick ass with the slowmo
August 11, 2017
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT
½ August 10, 2017
Good action packed movie starring the guy from the new star trek movies and the girl from game of thrones. I never watched the original judge dredd with Sylvester Stallone but I will, soon because it's the only popular movie that I haven't seen on Netflix. I like the action in this movie but I don't like the pacing of this movie, it's too slow for me and the villain is pretty forgettable. They recently announced a tv show starring the same guy that plays judge dredd in this movie and I'm curious what it will bring to the table. My only big problem in this movie is pacing, it's way too slow.
August 6, 2017
Far better than the original. Not much in the story but the action made up for it. Loved the Slo Mo idea?both in terms of plot and of course the resulting special effects. Urban is perfect as Dredd..and the decision to never remove the helmet is the right one, adding to the omnipotence of the character. Some fantastic gore throughout..and the mini guns ripping the building in half is awesome. Definitely worth a see?
½ July 28, 2017
Its a shame what happened to Dredd. It was just so good and really captured the world and capitalized on the 90s film. Alot of great ideas and great sequences. I cant believe they released this film when they did. This was definitely meant to be released on a less crowded weekend. They needed to give this one a weekend with less competitive films and the word of mouth combined with the certified fresh score would have definitely gave this film a 20 plus million opening. I myself didnt even watch Dredd until its dvd release purely because i overlooked it. I knew they were doing a Dredd film at the time but i missed it because i was focused on the other two releases that same weekend. In addition i didnt even notice the high scores it was getting until i looked into it. Im sure if it had less competition that it could have been headlined as certified fresh and had a strong second week. This film easily could have made 110 million if it was properly marketed. Its funny how the worse films could get by because they were well marketed and gems like this could go forgotten because it was poorly advertised. Kinda makes the film markers wonder why they worked so hard to deliver a solid film when the marketing team and studio didnt match their enthusiasm. I see this film making a risky sequel and releasing it in February or march which the boxoffice has recently found success, especially with beauty and the beast and deadpool breaking records in both months.
What i liked most about Dredd was the originality and the believable storyline. and i thought the whole setting was awesome and made the movie really cool and interesting to watch. It was a treat to have such low expectations because this film carries a reputation for being a flop, only to be blown away and fully entertained. i hate to say in a way it kind of works for the movie to carry the reputation of being a flop with good reviews because a flop always has a viewer not expecting much regardless of reviews. but honestly this movie has people banging their heads against the wall in some kind of regretful notion. i guess it works for the film making viewers think like "how did i miss this one!" Well the answer is clear, the damn marketers and pr team did a crap job hyping this one up for its theatrical release. And who ever decided to release this film against the end of watch and a clint eastwood film should be fired! Somebody didnt do the proper boxoffice tracking and research to make sure Dredd had a release which wouldnt be overshadowed. They had to of known rated r films dont do so well against other rated r films due to the limited number of adults who go to the movies verse pg 13 and under rated films which have a much wider audiences in children who can buy tickets without adults. If they didnt know this then i hope they have been fired because Dredd stands as a flop that doesn't deserve to be. This had all the makings of a great franchise that will never happen.
½ July 12, 2017
Dredd is an imaginative, visually stunning, witty, bleak, cynical, coarse, incredibly violent, and unsubtle realization of a comic book in the vein of Robocop. If you're not squeamish, the film will keep you on the edge of your seat.
½ June 20, 2017
Surprisingly good adaptation of Judge Dredd. Skip the 1995 film and give this one a watch, if you are a fan of the comic. I would recommend this movie to anyone that likes action movies with slick visuals.
June 16, 2017
DREDD - Eita filmão kk, Filme dirigido pelo Pete Travis, direção boa com slow motion fudida-mente foda, e uma bela quantidade de violência. Trilha sonora nada de mais. Fotografia nada de mais também, menos nos slow motion. Roteiro em geral redondinho, promete pra que veio, maior defeito no vilão, do qual não é temido em momento algum. Em geral esse filme com cenas de ação muito fodas e bem dirigidas, com bastante violencia.
Nota: 7
June 10, 2017
Superb comic-book action that does much with little.