Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dredd Reviews

½ June 20, 2017
Surprisingly good adaptation of Judge Dredd. Skip the 1995 film and give this one a watch, if you are a fan of the comic. I would recommend this movie to anyone that likes action movies with slick visuals.
June 16, 2017
DREDD - Eita filmão kk, Filme dirigido pelo Pete Travis, direção boa com slow motion fudida-mente foda, e uma bela quantidade de violência. Trilha sonora nada de mais. Fotografia nada de mais também, menos nos slow motion. Roteiro em geral redondinho, promete pra que veio, maior defeito no vilão, do qual não é temido em momento algum. Em geral esse filme com cenas de ação muito fodas e bem dirigidas, com bastante violencia.
Nota: 7
June 10, 2017
Superb comic-book action that does much with little.
½ June 6, 2017
An unportentous, grungy, dark, sci-fi action bloodbath that slams on the gas and never lets up.
½ June 5, 2017
The raid does dredd, Lena Hedley was great was baddie
½ June 1, 2017
I really liked this movie. The graphics and cinematography were great. Can't wait to watch it again!
½ June 1, 2017
This fuckin movie. Damn.
May 12, 2017
The costumes aren't 2000ad/Dredd but the atmosphere, the grit. It's all the right bloodied vision of the future. I'm tired of high $$$ Hollywood Blockbusters. We need more films like Dredd, the Far East triumphed this filming style
½ May 11, 2017
Boom crash bang KA BOOM!!!!
I am the LAW. True to the comic.
April 30, 2017
This movie was Awesome! Totally worth every dollar to see! Way better than the original! A must see thrill ride with a terrific ending woohoo!
April 29, 2017
Cliche in regards to the invulnerable heroes and unnamed henchmen that die easily. But the violence and action keep this movie from being Dredd-ful.
April 19, 2017
A fun, violent adaptation of the 2000 AD comic.
April 10, 2017
Karl Urban convincingly copies the "down mouth" comic book look of Dredd which whilst accurate looks amusingly forced at times. However this is a great movie with a decent plot that is much darker, gruesome and interesting than the campy 1995 Stallone movie Judge Dredd. With a tight, clean running time and no pretentions above its station I had a great time watching this. Works well in 3D.
April 9, 2017
Dredd was a fast paced action packed retelling of Judge Dredd. It did so in a modern and visually sensual way that felt brutally real and pulled you into its story of an overpopulated dystopian future life.
April 7, 2017
Love this movie its the best.
April 6, 2017
Awesome film, a bloody action sequence after a bloody action sequence. Violent and simple. Fast paced but satisfying. 87% easy.
April 4, 2017
Dredd is an exciting and fast-paced remake which finally gave the audience the faithful adaptation they deserved. It's not perfect, but it is a huge step up from Judge Dredd (1995).

The future America is a wasteland and a large group of people live in Mega City 1. The police force consists of "Judges" who have the power of a judge, jury, and executioner. Judge Dredd, the ultimate judge, works to take down a drug cartel only to find himself and a rookie he's with trapped inside one of the mega-blocks where they are forced to fight all f the other members of the Ma-Ma clan.

Judge Dredd (1995) was a horrible movie. It was very unfaithful and it made a very poor attempt to parody Dredd. However, Pete Travis decided to make a more faithful adaptation and he succeeded in doing so. Dredd does an amazing job capturing the violence and brutality of its source material.

Usually when a movie has extreme violence, you expect that it will be distractingly violent. However, I didn't feel that way about this movie at all. I never felt that the action sequences in the movie looked ridiculous or overly-fanciful and the movie did not overstay its welcome. With that being said, it's great that the movie was still able to remain very faithful without being distractingly violent at all.

However, this movie is style over substance. It doesn't have too much depth to the characters. However, it did have a little bit of depth to Cassandra Anderson. It showed that this was her last attempt to become a judge as she failed previously. Also, it shows Judge Dredd and her growing to like each other as the movie goes on. However, this still isn't too much character development and the movie is definitely more about its visual effects.

Also, I really enjoyed the slow motion effects. They are really well-done. I'm not going to spoil anything but the slow motion scene at the end is clearly the best one in the film. Because of the effects and music, it is both beautiful and unnerving at the same time. It is definitely one of the more memorable slow motion scenes out there. However, there are also a few other great slow motion scenes in the film which are great too.

In conclusion, this is a phenomenal movie. It proved to be the faithful adaptation that fans were hoping for. It is light on character development but it is definitely a must-see film for its great visuals. It is also not distractingly violent at all and it doesn't get carried away with itself. This is a must-see film for all the people who waited to see a faithful adaptation.
March 31, 2017
Far from the mess of 1995. A Solid and crispy action.
March 31, 2017
A great movie, I especially enjoyed the portrayal of the future with the Mega Structures. Also like the fact that it get's straight to the point and we're chucked into the deep end along with Dredd and Anderson. No wishy washy story telling.
would have like it better if Karl Urban wouldn't have scowled ala Stallone