Drive Angry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Angry Reviews

April 8, 2017
this is the kind of role Nic Cage is made for, if you take it at face value this movie is great, its corny with over the top violence. Like 'Shoot Em Up' this movie doesnt take itself seriously, so if you do, your a prude
March 17, 2017
It was exactly what it was supposed to be, it was a funride, the Grindhouse epic, it just hit all the buttons. It wasn't looking for an Oscar it was just looking to make people have fun and that's what's missing from so many action flicks.
½ March 9, 2017
sum gledal loshi filmovi so Nicolas Cage, ali ova mu e vrvot :)
January 23, 2017
Action packed with an UNBELIEVABLY gorgeous female lead! Surprisingly her make up doesn't seem to mess up despite the amount of beat downs she gets!
January 15, 2017
Pretty stupid but definitely entertaining.
January 13, 2017
William Fichtner's role ass the accountant makes the move watchable.
½ January 8, 2017
Serviceable, cheap grind house fun.
½ December 8, 2016
Drive Angry is one of those wishy-washy eh, could have been better, could have been worse movies. It's fine for what it is, but at the same time it feels terribly unimaginative. The plot isn't worth the paper it's written on, serving only as a means to an end to get the movie from one action scene to the next. Even with the premise of a baby on the brink of being sacrificed, there's no heart, no emotion, just an admittedly fun but very choppy ride down the same old Action movie highway, except here Drive Angry attempts to detour down Tarantino Parkway but crashes and burns instead of capturing that same kind of magic.
½ December 4, 2016
Garbage, enough said.
October 23, 2016
SUPERB. After I saw this I had to go tell all of my friends to see this movie. Even though they all aren't answering my texts anymore, I know that everybody has seen this golden film that brought my childhood dreams back to life and made me feel like a tender 8 year old boy. 6/5 Stars if I could.
October 22, 2016
Drive Angry is so bad that it's mildly entertaining, and at least I got to stare at Amber Heard for roughly 100 minutes.
September 4, 2016
Worst movie I've ever seen
August 10, 2016
So much fun, so great. I'm a doofus for waiting so long to see it!
July 3, 2016
Cool Cage , Amber and Fichtner make this offcourse a Cool Movie !!! SOMDVD
jamrcla
½ June 2, 2016
Way better than I heard lots of fun shame it bombed at box office, Some nice entertaining scenes, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but can't imagine it being much better, A little silly sometimes but worth a watch.
April 29, 2016
Over the top violence and jackassery, but I swear to God it was entertaining as hell, despite a few missteps here and there.

If you want something mindless and fun, this is a decent bet, but if you want one iota of plot you're probably going to be pissed off from the first frame until the last.

Rental for most? I dug it, personally.
February 25, 2016
A movie need not be well-done to be entertaining; Drive Angry is case in point. While downright incoherent at times, it's a briskly-paced action movie that serves up gore, T&A and a few good puns.
½ January 11, 2016
If only Ghost Rider had been this much fun. Nicholas Cage plays Milton (an allusion to John Milton?) who escapes from Hell to rescue his infant granddaughter from a Satanic cult led by Jonah King (Billy Burke). He hooks up with Piper (Amber Heard) and her '69 Charger and the film quickly becomes a series of well-executed chase scenes and violent encounters as Milton and Piper chase the cult and are in turn pursued by law enforcement officials and a supernatural entity who refers to himself as The Accountant (William Fichtner channeling Christopher Walken). For Action movie fans, the stunts are well-executed and the pace is relentless; for Horror movie fans, there is the supernatural elements to the story and lots of splatter. Never one of my favorite actors, Cage delivers one of his better performances and seems to be enjoying himself. Heard has starred in several genre movies so far, like the best "Scream Queens" she is actually tough-as-nails and swears like a trooper (and can drive a stick shift) and still looks smoking hot. Do not expect a lot of depth here and you will not be disappointed.
December 26, 2015
Despite Drive Angry being a mindless action romp that Michael Bay would be proud of, it was actually a decent amount of fun. The excessive action and short runtime keeps things light and moving, and Cage is just doing what he's good at. I was pleasantly surprised by Amber Heard being more than the pretty face I expected her to be cast for; her chemistry with Cage is good enough here.

I will say the dialogue can get downright horrible script-wise, and some of the scenes with Cage, Heard, and Fichtner (who is actually pretty good individually) can be awkward to sit through. The plot is also pretty messy for supernatural film standards. The final half-hour of the film drags quite a bit and even the action becomes extremely redundant. This movie is fun at times but stupid.
December 18, 2015
I am watching this movie right now. James Kendrick called it "loud, vicious, tasteless and inane." For me, those are the things that make this a very enjoyable film. There have been many Chase Movies in the past, and this is just another one of the formula type. What makes it interesting is Nicolas Cage's performance as John Milton, as an undead criminal who has broken out of Hell to prevent the murder of his new-born grand-daughter by a madman leader of a cult. The twists and turns the supernatural elements that are in the story make the what would be a formula film full of the unexpected. And a story that contains the unexpected is the kind of film that is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat!