Drive Angry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Angry Reviews

January 15, 2017
Pretty stupid but definitely entertaining.
January 13, 2017
William Fichtner's role ass the accountant makes the move watchable.
½ January 8, 2017
Serviceable, cheap grind house fun.
½ December 8, 2016
Drive Angry is one of those wishy-washy eh, could have been better, could have been worse movies. It's fine for what it is, but at the same time it feels terribly unimaginative. The plot isn't worth the paper it's written on, serving only as a means to an end to get the movie from one action scene to the next. Even with the premise of a baby on the brink of being sacrificed, there's no heart, no emotion, just an admittedly fun but very choppy ride down the same old Action movie highway, except here Drive Angry attempts to detour down Tarantino Parkway but crashes and burns instead of capturing that same kind of magic.
½ December 4, 2016
Garbage, enough said.
October 23, 2016
SUPERB. After I saw this I had to go tell all of my friends to see this movie. Even though they all aren't answering my texts anymore, I know that everybody has seen this golden film that brought my childhood dreams back to life and made me feel like a tender 8 year old boy. 6/5 Stars if I could.
October 22, 2016
Drive Angry is so bad that it's mildly entertaining, and at least I got to stare at Amber Heard for roughly 100 minutes.
September 4, 2016
Worst movie I've ever seen
August 10, 2016
So much fun, so great. I'm a doofus for waiting so long to see it!
July 3, 2016
Cool Cage , Amber and Fichtner make this offcourse a Cool Movie !!! SOMDVD
jamrcla
½ June 2, 2016
Way better than I heard lots of fun shame it bombed at box office, Some nice entertaining scenes, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but can't imagine it being much better, A little silly sometimes but worth a watch.
April 29, 2016
Over the top violence and jackassery, but I swear to God it was entertaining as hell, despite a few missteps here and there.

If you want something mindless and fun, this is a decent bet, but if you want one iota of plot you're probably going to be pissed off from the first frame until the last.

Rental for most? I dug it, personally.
February 25, 2016
A movie need not be well-done to be entertaining; Drive Angry is case in point. While downright incoherent at times, it's a briskly-paced action movie that serves up gore, T&A and a few good puns.
½ January 11, 2016
If only Ghost Rider had been this much fun. Nicholas Cage plays Milton (an allusion to John Milton?) who escapes from Hell to rescue his infant granddaughter from a Satanic cult led by Jonah King (Billy Burke). He hooks up with Piper (Amber Heard) and her '69 Charger and the film quickly becomes a series of well-executed chase scenes and violent encounters as Milton and Piper chase the cult and are in turn pursued by law enforcement officials and a supernatural entity who refers to himself as The Accountant (William Fichtner channeling Christopher Walken). For Action movie fans, the stunts are well-executed and the pace is relentless; for Horror movie fans, there is the supernatural elements to the story and lots of splatter. Never one of my favorite actors, Cage delivers one of his better performances and seems to be enjoying himself. Heard has starred in several genre movies so far, like the best "Scream Queens" she is actually tough-as-nails and swears like a trooper (and can drive a stick shift) and still looks smoking hot. Do not expect a lot of depth here and you will not be disappointed.
December 26, 2015
Despite Drive Angry being a mindless action romp that Michael Bay would be proud of, it was actually a decent amount of fun. The excessive action and short runtime keeps things light and moving, and Cage is just doing what he's good at. I was pleasantly surprised by Amber Heard being more than the pretty face I expected her to be cast for; her chemistry with Cage is good enough here.

I will say the dialogue can get downright horrible script-wise, and some of the scenes with Cage, Heard, and Fichtner (who is actually pretty good individually) can be awkward to sit through. The plot is also pretty messy for supernatural film standards. The final half-hour of the film drags quite a bit and even the action becomes extremely redundant. This movie is fun at times but stupid.
December 18, 2015
I am watching this movie right now. James Kendrick called it "loud, vicious, tasteless and inane." For me, those are the things that make this a very enjoyable film. There have been many Chase Movies in the past, and this is just another one of the formula type. What makes it interesting is Nicolas Cage's performance as John Milton, as an undead criminal who has broken out of Hell to prevent the murder of his new-born grand-daughter by a madman leader of a cult. The twists and turns the supernatural elements that are in the story make the what would be a formula film full of the unexpected. And a story that contains the unexpected is the kind of film that is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat!
December 13, 2015
This movie is completely fucking bizarre. Nick Cage plays a guy from Hell, and that Fichtner guy who always plays a corrupt government official/bad guy is some sort of demon... police detective... sent to take him down/bring him back. The dialogue is really bizarre and seems to have been written by someone who doesn't properly understand human interaction. It's a driving movie, but don't let that fool you... the driving is lackluster and iirc it's got too much CGI and shitty camera work to be exciting. Half supernatural nonsense, the other half Nick Cage nonsense, totaling one completely bizarre film.

TL;DR - 10/10
Best movie ever made. Watch with friends while drinking or smoking weed.
November 4, 2015
Drive Angry is exciting and thrilling, but nothing more. Sometimes thrilling excitement can be enough, but this time it wasn't. Even though it kept you in front of the screen until the very end, that feeling was still missing. That special feeling that you want to feel when watching a movie like this, that tightness in your stomach, that wonderful ache that you feel because you want to know what will happen next. That ache that makes you want to scream when things aren't turning out the way that you're hoping them to. That ache and that feeling was missing. Which is a shame, because this was a movie that could have been good enough to deliver that wonderful ache that will have your heart tingling long after the movie's end.
October 26, 2015
William Fichtner! He was awesome, that's it!
August 1, 2015
William Fichtner is worth the four stars.