Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Reviews

February 22, 2017
"An artful, impressively made film, and one sure to excite cinephiles, everyday adrenaline junkies, and fans of stylized car chases set to an indie synthpop soundtrack."
February 21, 2017
*****
Ever since I first saw 'Drive' in 2014 its been on my mind all the time, and after watching the film a few more times now, it just gets better and better.
½ February 20, 2017
I had watched it previously, thought it was solid, and now that it is on Netflix again, had to watch it again! An interesting crime thriller, with some excellent car chases. The director definitely tells an interesting story, with limited dialogue, and lots of fun violence. Well worth repeat viewings.
Watched on Netflix at home, February 20, 2017.
February 19, 2017
Beautifully shot, well acted, understated with realistic violence in just the right places (jarring). Albert Brooks better get a nod for best supporting actor. I especially liked the unique use of nonlinear storytelling, I never quite knew where I was ... Kept me just slightly uncomfortable.
February 13, 2017
Jesus why haven't I seen this movie before !!!
½ February 5, 2017
Sure, this movie has flaws. It has a tendency to drag out at times, and the acting seems bland at parts(although this is punctuated by moments of GREAT acting, such as that by Albert Brooks, Ryan Cranston, Ron Perlman, and some scenes with Ryan Gosling, to name a few). However, all of these serve a purpose, contrasting the slow and human(if detached) aspects of the Driver with the fast and violent world that he inhabits and eventually succumbs to in the BEST elevator scene EVER. In addition, the noir-esque style combined with western archetypes blend quite well to create a true arthouse experience. I love this movie, though definitely think that it needs some reading in to to enjoy in its entirety. That aside, the cinematography, visuals, and soundtrack are all phenomenal, and definitely make it worth at least one viewing. This movie isn't for everybody, but it's one of my favorites.
February 4, 2017
Simply a masterpiece.
February 2, 2017
Slowly paced. Artistically visionary and disturbing.
½ January 31, 2017
Drive is neither boring nor amazing, just good.
½ January 31, 2017
When I first watched this movie all I could think about was how strange it was. Upon second viewing I found this movie much better. Ryan Gosling is flawless as a driver of very few words and elevates Drive to great height
January 24, 2017
Drive was an awesome action, drama, crime thriller all mashed into one. This, in my opinion, is how you make a movie. Everything worked. First of all, this is an incredibly violent film. Seriously, it makes Quentin Tarantino look like a Disney director. However, it isn't unnecessary, it suits the plot perfectly. Speaking of the plot, it is brilliant, completely unpredictable. The whole cast deliver great performances as you'd expect from such an experienced, majority A list cast and Ryan Gosling continues to impress me with his career path and he masters the art of subtle acting in this. The soundtrack is one of the best in modern cinema and the score was also brilliant. It catered for all situations going from breathtaking tension, to deep emotion. The direction was fantastic and the cinematography was beautiful, I actually can't remember seeing LA look this good. I found parts of this film very therapeutic, looking at the lights of LA. I expected a good film but not to this extent. It's one that not everyone will love but for me, it's among the modern greats.
January 20, 2017
Synthwave and evolving characters make this movie a gem
January 20, 2017
Favourite film, effortlessly classy and timeless
½ January 19, 2017
Good film. Not as good as I thought it was going to be but still good. Quite slow but Gosling is amazing in it!
January 15, 2017
One of my favourite movies.
January 15, 2017
Very good film. Great casting and the music really enhances the whole vibe.
½ January 11, 2017
horrible movie how did anyone like this?
½ January 10, 2017
A mesmerizing feast for the eyes and ears, Drive manages to deliver a wide array of emotions within it's runtime. From it's dazzling soundtrack, to it's fine performances, all the way down to it's appealing and stylish execution; all of te pieces in this film work together in a succesful and rewarding manner.
½ January 1, 2017
Very dramatic for little reason, feels like a budget movie, super slow plot, honestly just sucks all the way through and nothing like i had in mind
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch