Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Reviews

½ April 23, 2017
Drive is one amazing film. The great facial acting from Gosling makes you question his intentions from the first minute to the very final scene. The way this film plays with imagery, music and camera angles is actually quite oscarworthy. The character development is outstanding and so is the acting.
½ April 16, 2017
Awful. No point with weak plot and unnecessary violence. Just weird.
April 15, 2017
Driver: If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.

new review soon
½ April 7, 2017
When we love seeing what we do to do it to the end.
April 6, 2017
This movie will let you know weather your a casual movie-goer or a lover of the cinema more than any other movie. NWR Magnum Opus, the music is gorgeous, the forced perspectives and use of subtext are a reason this movie is the best I have ever seen.
April 5, 2017
A masterfully acted, Amazing picture resolution, with an outstanding soundtrack. This darkly suspenseful movie shows complex layers to a character who's name we don't even know. Well directed it's a modern masterpiece to those who know what a true movie is, and where it can transport you.
April 1, 2017
April 2012
March 2017
March 26, 2017
Very nice movie, entertained and cool, Ryan Goslig doesn't speak that much, maybe tha's why.
March 17, 2017
An exercise in the use of light and dark, both stylistically and in it's use of cinematography. For those seeking a cool film, and is just that, look no further. For those seeking a well developed story, perhaps not. Nevertheless, an enjoyable film with a notable performance by Gosling and a soundtrack you will be googling afterwards.
½ March 17, 2017
Ryan Gosling gives a strong performance in an otherwise ok flick. the supporting cast is also great.
March 14, 2017
Amazing cinematography and a great script. Much more "artsy" than you would think based on the trailer / poster.
March 12, 2017
Grand Theft Auto much!
½ March 12, 2017
Horrible. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. The plot is week at best, the characters have no depth (or dialogue got that matter) and it's the same played out story line we've seen over and over. Worst. Movie. Ever.
March 11, 2017
Nicolas Refn sets up a great arthouse favorite that makes it one of the best films of recent history. Boasting great visuals topped off with a can of whoop-ass, the film boasts something more than Gosling playing it cool. He's a one-and-done man stuck in the wrong trying to make everything right, even if what he does in the process seems out of left field. But his tentative relationship with Mulligan, along with Cranston, Perlman, and Brooks' dialogue, are what hold it above the noise. It's a trip to the real Los Angeles, diving in head first into the down and dirty and on occasion will sometimes surface to catch a few breaths. The best way to see it is to live it large.
March 11, 2017
Meh. Slow, acting not impressive, and the ending left little to be desired. Considering the actors, it was not worth it. The first fifteen minutes were the best part of the movie, and then it went all downhill. Just got lamer and lamer. Lots of potential.
March 11, 2017
A movie the more I watched the more I liked. This is to me Refn's best by far.The look of it was stunning, the soundtrack was great and it had what his movies that came later did not have an actual story.Refn nailed this one, it's like candy for movie buffs. Definitely check this one out.
March 10, 2017
This movie made me realize I had a passion for film making
March 10, 2017
Never wanted it to end. Everything about this movie was perfect. Acting especially. Albert Brooks is amazing. Ron Perlman too. Bryan Cranston. Just incredible. Definitely a guy movie. Every guy wants to be the driver. The best vigilante movie ever made.
March 6, 2017
One of my favorite films of all time. The only people that don't appreciate the film for what it is are the people that were expecting some 'Fast and Furious' action movie but it is so much more than that. 5/5 easily.