Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Reviews

October 17, 2017
Stylish and grossly violent - it works well, but maybe is a little too arthouse for itself.
October 13, 2017
2011 FILM: "DRIVE"
Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Lead Actors: Ryan Gosling/Carey Mulligan
VICIOUSLY COMPELLING!
SHOCKINGLY BRILLIANT!
CREATIVELY INTOXICATING!
Absolutely astonishing frame to frame, Director Refn's inspirationally chaotic 2011 film "Drive" is a cinematic masterpiece.
With Ryan Gosling's mesmerizing performance and magnificently delivering one of the most remarkably intense and rewarding vengeance sequences in film history you better make sure you buckle up because this film will have you at the edge of your seat!
With its exceptionally soothing trancelike musical score, polarizing imagery and mesmerizing blend of attitude and violence it's hands down one of the most surprising and most unforgettable films that I've seen in years!
October 12, 2017
2011 FILM: "DRIVE"
Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Lead Actors: Ryan Gosling/Carey Mulligan
VICIOUSLY COMPELLING!
SHOCKINGLY BRILLIANT!
CREATIVELY INTOXICATING!
October 10, 2017
One of my top 10 favorite movies- cinematography is amazing, 80s soundtrack is the coolest contrast to the mood of the movie, I can't say enough good things about Drive.
½ October 9, 2017
Predictable plot, but it has great acting and the movie is beautiful to look at.
October 2, 2017
65%
Saw this on 17/8/14
Drive is mixed with great music, stylish images and above average direction. There is nothing new about the story and the acting is neither extraordinary nor mediocre. All my friends who saw this film gave poor feelings about it. The main reason they cited was the lag in the film and I was prepared for it, so I did like it. The story like any other in this genre is about a guy exceptionally skilled in a certain activity, here driving. He needs money, so he gets involved in some nasty jobs which he doesn't really wish to be part of. Then as always, something goes wrong and every thing turns against him. This is the content, but the only difference is that the film spends lot of time in developing the story till everything goes wrong and that's why people find it a lot lagging. Anyway, this is far far better than Bronson(2008).
October 1, 2017
A modern day masterpiece. One of, if not, the most aesthetically pleasing movies I've ever seen. The visuals are amazing and the streets of LA are legitimately brought to life. The soundtrack is incredible and the intensity of Gosling's mere facial expressions showcases how talented the guy really is. Go watch Drive, if you haven't already. If you have, watch it again.
September 19, 2017
Pretty good movie of a quiet getaway driver that has to battle his way out of a situation.
September 14, 2017
Excellent flick that treats cars as a tool to further the story but not dominate it. A hidden gem.
September 11, 2017
A masterpiece and one of the best films of our time. There is nothing major wrong with it and you just can't hate it. Except if you expected an action film. Then I'm sorry.
September 5, 2017
What! 93% critics? The movie was horrible! Stop smoking the crystal meth!
September 5, 2017
Exciting, sexy, drama, romance, danger! I love it!
September 5, 2017
This movie is infuriating. Ryan Gosling plays the role of some mysterious Clint Eastwood type avenging angle trying to protect Oscar Isaac and his wife Carey Mulligan - who never even so much as hold hands - what can you say, it's Hollywood, and their young son from mobsters. But only because he's in love with Mulligan. Ultra-violence and gore insue.
½ September 4, 2017
One of the prettiest movies you'll ever see and not just because Ryan Gosling is in it.
August 30, 2017
Drive is hated by some people and that's okay. For me, this is one of my favorite films of all time. Gloriously slick cinematography, hypnotic score, incredible tension, great action, and a super interesting lead character who was performed magnificently by Ryan Gosling make Drive a great movie on its own but the added heart and soul of what it means to be a good guy is touching and enhances this film. Not a lot of dialogue sure but it's visual storytelling is magnificent and should at the very least be respected as a great arthouse film.
August 25, 2017
I'll start off by saying how much I love the soundtrack for this movie. It fit perfectly. Overall this film was well directed and well written with excellent performances from Gosling, Mulligan & Cranston. I enjoyed every minute of Drive.
August 25, 2017
Sigue siendo tan fantástica como la primera vez que la vi. Una delicia estilística que si bien tiene una historia simple, compensa con una artesanía plástica brutal.
August 20, 2017
This gory crime film is indeed one, if not, the best movie of 2011. The cast is excellent, especially both Ryan Ggosling and Carey Mulligan, the story is interesting and entertaining, the visuals are stylish, the car stunts are impressive and also the film's soundtrack is very memorable, I'll never forget it. Overall, Drive is an impressive art-house flick and, not like the other crime films which involve also a bit of love, no, this one is different, it doesn't focuse as much on that element, and I think that's way it's so good. Recommended !!
½ August 13, 2017
A movie the more I watched the more I liked. This is to me Refn's best by far.The look of it was stunning, the soundtrack was great and it had what his movies that came later did not, an actual story.Refn nailed this one. It's like candy for movie buffs. Definitely check this one out.
August 11, 2017
outstanding performences by everyone involved. Truly unique directing. The best movie i've seen this year! some aren't going to like it and some will love it. I loved it!

AMC Parkway point- Smyrna with bro