Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Reviews

May 16, 2017
Enjoyed everything about this movie but the soundtrack, which was misjudged and far too deafening in the mix.
May 16, 2017
Seamless combination of Arthouse-action-noire, Drive creates an atmosphere and sets a pace like no other film. Stop looking at reviews and watch this film.
May 8, 2017
Drive is such rarity form of films these days. It is a movie without any flaws. It is a fully realized arthouse action film that is such an incredible masterpiece. With its striking visionary blend of violence, 80's inspiring music, and beautiful imagery it makes the jaw-dropping, tension filled and immaculate thrill ride better. A settle and impressive performance were given by Ryan Gosling as the lead role. It is such a different film compared to mainstream action-thriller flicks and makes this film worth a ride for a different, slow-burn subtlety, and a shockingly violent with a tension-filled and quick action. It has lots of themes to discover and is definitely a movie for a film lover to watch.
½ May 5, 2017
The acting felt stale and unmotivated, there was little to no character development where there should have been, and development where there should not have been. Worst yet the plot did not make sense, like it was unfinished or scenes were missing.

If you want to watch a movie about an poorly acted car thief, watch any of the Fast and the Furious movies, because at least those aren't pretentious as fuck.
May 1, 2017
Grade - A+
Ever since I first saw this in 2014 its been on my mind all the time, and after watching the film a few more times now, it just gets better and better. Some of the best direction/cinematography I've ever seen coupled with an excellent lead performance from Ryan Gosling have made 'Drive' one of my favourite films.
May 1, 2017
Amazing acting by Gosling, perfectly executed direction, graphic violence and a perfect score make "Drive" much more than a Fast and Furious kind of action movie. There is not much dialogue and there is not as much action as you could think, and this gives the movie an hypnotic rhythm that keeps you engrossed. The only flaw is that the first half hour felt too much like an introduction for what happened later, and therefore stopped the movi from being fully realized. However, as soon as it picks up speed, "Drive" is a great watch, with clever editing and, once again, a remarkable soundtrack.
½ April 23, 2017
Drive is one amazing film. The great facial acting from Gosling makes you question his intentions from the first minute to the very final scene. The way this film plays with imagery, music and camera angles is actually quite oscarworthy. The character development is outstanding and so is the acting.
½ April 16, 2017
Awful. No point with weak plot and unnecessary violence. Just weird.
April 15, 2017
Driver: If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.

new review soon
½ April 7, 2017
When we love seeing what we do to do it to the end.
April 6, 2017
This movie will let you know weather your a casual movie-goer or a lover of the cinema more than any other movie. NWR Magnum Opus, the music is gorgeous, the forced perspectives and use of subtext are a reason this movie is the best I have ever seen.
April 5, 2017
A masterfully acted, Amazing picture resolution, with an outstanding soundtrack. This darkly suspenseful movie shows complex layers to a character who's name we don't even know. Well directed it's a modern masterpiece to those who know what a true movie is, and where it can transport you.
April 1, 2017
April 2012
March 2017
March 26, 2017
Very nice movie, entertained and cool, Ryan Goslig doesn't speak that much, maybe tha's why.
March 17, 2017
An exercise in the use of light and dark, both stylistically and in it's use of cinematography. For those seeking a cool film, and is just that, look no further. For those seeking a well developed story, perhaps not. Nevertheless, an enjoyable film with a notable performance by Gosling and a soundtrack you will be googling afterwards.
½ March 17, 2017
Ryan Gosling gives a strong performance in an otherwise ok flick. the supporting cast is also great.
March 14, 2017
Amazing cinematography and a great script. Much more "artsy" than you would think based on the trailer / poster.
March 12, 2017
Grand Theft Auto much!
½ March 12, 2017
Horrible. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. The plot is week at best, the characters have no depth (or dialogue got that matter) and it's the same played out story line we've seen over and over. Worst. Movie. Ever.