Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Reviews

January 15, 2017
One of my favourite movies.
January 15, 2017
Very good film. Great casting and the music really enhances the whole vibe.
½ January 11, 2017
horrible movie how did anyone like this?
½ January 10, 2017
A mesmerizing feast for the eyes and ears, Drive manages to deliver a wide array of emotions within it's runtime. From it's dazzling soundtrack, to it's fine performances, all the way down to it's appealing and stylish execution; all of te pieces in this film work together in a succesful and rewarding manner.
½ January 1, 2017
Very dramatic for little reason, feels like a budget movie, super slow plot, honestly just sucks all the way through and nothing like i had in mind
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 27, 2016
Ryan Gosling was once more than a handsome face, do you remember? Me neither. This movie, a part of being responsible of the creation of my very favourite video game: Hotline Miami, is one of the best drama-action movies ever made.
December 26, 2016
A modern masterpiece, "Drive" is one of the greatest film in decades.
December 19, 2016
Drive was an awesome action, drama, crime thriller all mashed into one. This, in my opinion, is how you make a movie. Everything worked. First of all, this is an incredibly violent film. Seriously, it makes Quentin Tarantino look like a Disney director. However, it isn't unnecessary, it suits the plot perfectly. Speaking of the plot, it is brilliant, completely unpredictable. The whole cast deliver great performances as you'd expect from such an experienced, majority A list cast and Ryan Gosling continues to impress me with his career path. The soundtrack is one of the best in modern cinema and the score was also brilliant. It catered for all situations going from breathtaking tension, to deep emotion. The direction was fantastic and the cinematography was beautiful, I actually can't remember seeing LA look this good. I found parts of this film very therapeutic, looking at the lights of LA. I expected a good film but not to this extent. It's one that not everyone will love but for me, it's among the modern greats.
½ December 2, 2016
Masterfully shot, concise, and just a little cheesy. This movie is easy to enjoy and hard to forget.
November 25, 2016
This arthouse action-noir is especially successful in what is so hard to see in movies today: style plus substance, with a fantastic Ryan Gosling as a sullen, calculating and self-controlled Man With No Name in a plot that perfectly blends a melancholy atmosphere and brutal violence.
½ November 21, 2016
Breathtaking thrill ride.
November 20, 2016
A simple and cliche plot can become totally original and actually become one of the best films ever if done right. Drive is that film
November 19, 2016
Viciously wild, lucidly mesmerizing and shockingly brilliant! The 2011 film "Drive" is a cinematic masterpiece that's hands down the most surprising and most unforgettable film I've seen in years! With its uniquely refreshing style of music, polarizing imagery and intoxicating blend of attitude and violence it's absolutely astonishing on every level.
November 17, 2016
L'estrema cura nei dettagli e nei singoli particolari di ogni ripresa mi ha fatto apprezzare la storia di Drive con una tensione ancora maggiore. Con il suo stile unico ed inimitabile e un talento incredibile, Refn dimostra al grande pubblico di essere capace di plasmare dei veri e propri capolavori, apprezzabili sotto ogni punto di vista.
½ November 11, 2016
I died laughing for the entire second half of this movie for how cheesy it was. The first half was actually intriguing and different. All of a sudden the movie gets insanely dramatic and literally blood everywhere... I am shocked by the high scores on the movie.
October 29, 2016
Nicholas Widing Refn delivers a masterful film in Drive. Ryan Gosling plays (Driver) in a brilliant performance and the best that year. Who gets caught up by his neighbor and her kid. When her husband comes home from jail. And is going to get his family killed if Driver won't help him. The whole cast is brilliant. And the directing even better!!! Ryan Gosling and Albert Brook's should have won Oscars in 2011 best movie Drive!
½ October 28, 2016
It tells a lot without saying much, it delivers with a crime and neo-noir touch. Ryan Gosling delivers as the mysterious and flawed hero.
October 28, 2016
Extremely well made, great soundtrack, rather dull characters and an unconvincing romance. Good but not great.
October 24, 2016
Absolutely banging film. Set the stage for the aesthetics of Hotline Miami and V A P O R W A V E