Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drive Reviews

May 25, 2018
8.0/10
Ryan Gosling is too good for this movie, rushed story development and ending, the first half was very good with it´s Synthwavey´ soundtrack backseat car shots, good story and characters, good soundtrack, a good love relationship, and very good first 30 minutes, after that, the movie had some issues with shooting mistakes in a lot of scenes, like the hammer scene, cheesy acting from the rest of the cast, with the exception of a few characters like shannon, irene and Driver. Although, the movie has a lot of deep meanings and a strong message of a man who doesn´t know himself very well and struggles to decide who he wants to be, why can´t the shark be a good guy?
½ May 19, 2018
I liked this movie a lot more when it first came out. upon multiple viewings its just ok. Maybe I was edgier 6-7 years ago.
½ May 16, 2018
Boring, pointless, and difficult to get into. I suffered through this disaster thinking that the terrible music might stop or that the plot would pick up. I wanted to like this movie. I really did... But it's not good
May 14, 2018
'Drive' is a stunning example of how a simple and cliche story can be highly engrossing due to gorgeous cinematography, smoothly brisk editing, great acting, humanized antagonists and a strange soundtrack.
May 6, 2018
Cast's Performances, Music, Photography, Ilumination. Everything is just perfect.
April 28, 2018
(2011) FILM: "DRIVE"
Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Lead Actors: Ryan Gosling/Bryan Cranston
BRILLIANTLY CAPTIVATING!
VIOLENTLY SEDUCTIVE!
HAUNTINGLY ROMANTIC!
Any genuine film buff like myself would sadly agree that when looking back at (2011), it was an absolutely horrendous year for the film industry. Only director Nicolas Refn's "DRIVE" and Gavin O'Connor's spellbinding attraction "WARRIOR" were even worthy of "BEST PICTURE" and both of them were disgracefully snubbed by the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. With its exceptionally soothing trancelike musical score, polarizing imagery and mesmerizing blend of attitude and violence, the unconventionally chaotic (2011) film "DRIVE" is nothing short of spectacular. A genuine cinematic masterpiece that's absolutely astonishing from beginning to end!
Ryan Gosling's riveting performance as a mysteriously obscure Hollywood stunt driver is slickly enchanting and even though the character himself is a man with very little to say, his actions speak immensely louder than his words as he magnificently delivers one of the most remarkably rewarding and uncommonly intense vengeance sequences of all time.
½ April 23, 2018
Drive
Directed By: Nicolas Winding Refn
Starring: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan and Bryan Cranston

Plot: A mysterious man who has multiple jobs as a garage mechanic, a Hollywood stuntman and a getaway driver seems to be trying to escape his shady past as he falls for his neighbor - whose husband is in prison and who's looking after her child alone. Meanwhile, his garage mechanic boss is trying to set up a race team using gangland money, which implicates our driver as he is to be used as the race team's main driver. Our hero gets more than he bargained for when he meets the man who is married to the woman he loves.

Review: Its great feeling to pop in a movie or click since I watched it on Netflix and it turn out to be an amazing movie. This film tells the stories of the characters beautifully with just the right amount action/violence and great story. This film is in no way anything like the Fast and the Furious. Drive is more like the movie Memento without the backwards plot twist it just flows similarly. To me this truly is the best film of 2011 and one of the best films I have ever seen.

Rating: 9/10

Recommendation: Buy, Buy, Buy I'm going to watch this at least 10 times just to catch everything this is an amazing movie. If your cheap then rent It at Bronco Video or watch on Netflix.
April 16, 2018
A movie with a siple story on paper, but exicuted beatifuly. From the first scene it grips you into the isolated night rides with the driver and his daytime relationship with Irene. I would also like to add that it has one heck of a soundtrack
½ March 12, 2018
D-. Horrible director. I don't usually notice or get bothered by the artsy fartsy camera angles or lighting - but holy crap - this movie was horribly directed. Bad music, inappropriate scenes that didn't fit the pace of the movie, scenes that dragged on for minutes long just staring at someone's face. Very painful to watch; super slow. POS movie.
February 26, 2018
Great soundtrack, but the film itself is a boilerplate, predictable crime story. I kept waiting for there to be a twist, a surprise or big reveal, or even just something clever - alas, the movie drove straight forward to its destination. One thing that annoyed me - why were all the killings done by gruesome, gory stabbings and head kicking? Particularly for the instances of execution. It made no sense that they wouldn't just shoot them. The guy slices the guys arteries and then his suit is spotless - in the next scene the Gosling in splattered in blood fron a similar stabbing...Seemed like a cheap way to give the movie a token uniqueness but didn't make sense to me. The movie also never explains why Gosling is like Jason Bourne-grade special ops combat dude who can kill two armed guys with his bare hands at once. Especially since all we know about him is that he ONLY drives and refuses to carry a weapon.
February 16, 2018
this is one of those films when I was yelling at the screen "does your face even move, Ryan Gosling?! Then he smiled and it was so freaking creepy I kind of cowered in my seat. And then BOOM. The movie exploded. Suddenly it wasn't slow, it was edge of the seat suspenseful; it wasn't dull, it was subliminal; and what happened was some ye-olde fashioned ultra-violence.
½ February 8, 2018
Loved this film, strong characters and plot coupled with good action sequences and sound track. A thinking man's fun day out at the races!
January 31, 2018
LOVED the soundtrack. The whole experience was hauntingly enjoyable.
January 28, 2018
Very stylised thriller, well done all round.
January 22, 2018
Casting, dialogue, cinematography, music. This movie does all of those things perfectly in my opinion. Ryan Gosling is damn near perfect playing a soft-spoken man with some inner demons. Some of the stylish, sleek, and seamlessly cool imagery in this movie gave me chills. If you are looking to study films and how they should be made, please watch this movie. Drive will go down as an arthouse classic.
½ January 21, 2018
Beautiful cinematography, fantastic pacing, amazing acting great story and. Perfect lighting.
One of the top five films I've seen this year
½ January 16, 2018
This was a nice surprise. Very well made action/heist film with style and substance.
½ January 13, 2018
Enjoyable and different, worth a watch
January 11, 2018
Great soundtrack and very good plot.
January 9, 2018
Boredom and cheap tricks. All this while attempting to convey Gosling's psychopathic tendencies. None of the film's numerous emotional swings (or gruesome deaths, for that matter) justify their existence, and most end with an undeservedly abrupt death. Too bad three quarters of this movie is in slow-mo.