Easy A - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Easy A Reviews

March 6, 2018
C. Not as good as I remember it from childhood. Still entertaining - not bad just not good either. It uses a lot of sarcasm, and it always bothers me when 28 year olds pretend to be high schoolers. Super cliché as well. Still a nice concept and overall chick flick everyone should see once.
February 3, 2018
nothing to look forward to puts Emma Stone in a bad role but she somehow pulls through and gives this dramedy its laughs
½ January 27, 2018
Excellent comedy and a new star is born, Emma Stone
December 31, 2017
A charming homage to John Hughes films in the 80s. Emma Stone never fails to bring in the laughs.
½ December 19, 2017
This film is very simple and unpretentious in it's own way. Emma Stone is very stellar in her character as Olive Penderghast. The homage to John Hughes' movies added to its humor. The movie overall, is honestly funny, genuinely funny you won't need one of those laugh tracks on sitcoms.
November 11, 2017
They couldn't stick more cliches in it if they tried...
October 27, 2017
This Movie is one of my favorites, it made me fall in love with Emma Stone, I can watch this for the rest of my life and not ever get bored.
September 28, 2017
A pretty good movie, that in a personal perspective I enjoied and loved.
September 20, 2017
Funny and Emotionnal at the same time, this is a teen comedy that is worth watching.
September 3, 2017
The appeal of Emma Stone is clearly visible from this high school frolic of a good girl from a well balanced family whose parents are level headed, supportive, non racist and non judgemental. Borrowing from Nathaniel Hawthorne´s Scarlet letter, she would experiment with ostracism to help fellow students who suffered from real ostracism because of sexual orientation, physical non conformity etc etc. I am not a big fan of high school dramas but I could appreciate the talent and appeal of Emma and how she could be the darling of Hollywood seven years later when she worked with Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling. Thanks to this film, however, my interest is piqued to check out Hawthorne´s Scarlet Letter.
½ September 1, 2017
Typical high school drama but funny and well acted.
August 12, 2017
August 8, 2017
Most definitely a chick flick, but a clever one with enough satire and pop culture references to make this to my list of favourites. Definitely one to watch over and over again, rainy day or not! And, of course, Emma Stone. There's no denying her skills as an actress, and the fantastic charm she has.

rewatch: i high-key love this feel-good movie. also, todd being supportive is my new fave thing
July 15, 2017
Great movie. Emma Stone as Olive is a likable character, full of sass, attitude and a sharp sense of humour. This makes her very easy to route for as the main protagonist. I really couldn't imagine anyone but Stone in the role....plus those beautiful eyes are just too hard not to fall for. Anyway....
The film is a modern take on The Scarlet Letter (with several references to early versions of the story throughout - just in case you missed the point) and brings the ideas of said story into the modern era, placing it slap bang in the middle of a high school, the perfect place to explore it's promiscuous tone.
The film dabbles in themes from its '80s high school' predecessors and even throws in some neat satirical homages to boot. As Olive herself says: "...no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life..." and Will Gluck skirts around the cliches just enough to make Easy A unique amongst it's peers.
I really enjoyed this film. Good writing, clever dialogue, solid cast and some genuinely funny moments. Also worth a mention are some wonderful turns from Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson as Olive's parents. The whole family unit works a treat..and you can completely believe that they have brought up this sharply intelligent, independent girl.
½ July 7, 2017
Engraçado, inteligente e ousado! Emma Stone é maravilhosa. ?
July 4, 2017
Easy A is based on a young teen who fakes loosing her virginity and the rumor changing what others think of her! Emma Stone did an amazing job in this movie and the writing was hysterical! It is so surprising that this was one of Emma's first movies because she nailed her performance! You will fall in love with the perfect girls night out movie and Emma stone will blow you away!
July 2, 2017
While it still is a teen comedy, it has enough hear and brains to deferentiate itself from other dumbass teen films. And, while it ain't the most hilarious film I've ever seen, you may just get a few chuckles out of this one. And there couldn't have been a better cast choice than Emma Stone as Olive, she's terrific and I felt like there was some references and inspirations from older teen films. Good movie and recommended
½ June 27, 2017
Emma Stone... that is all
June 26, 2017
Loved it! Perfect blend of teen satire, teen drama, and teen romance
June 19, 2017
Remember when Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson became ALL our parents for 92 minutes? What a glorious time...