Easy A - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Easy A Reviews

July 15, 2017
Great movie. Emma Stone as Olive is a likable character, full of sass, attitude and a sharp sense of humour. This makes her very easy to route for as the main protagonist. I really couldn't imagine anyone but Stone in the role....plus those beautiful eyes are just too hard not to fall for. Anyway....
The film is a modern take on The Scarlet Letter (with several references to early versions of the story throughout - just in case you missed the point) and brings the ideas of said story into the modern era, placing it slap bang in the middle of a high school, the perfect place to explore it's promiscuous tone.
The film dabbles in themes from its '80s high school' predecessors and even throws in some neat satirical homages to boot. As Olive herself says: "...no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life..." and Will Gluck skirts around the cliches just enough to make Easy A unique amongst it's peers.
I really enjoyed this film. Good writing, clever dialogue, solid cast and some genuinely funny moments. Also worth a mention are some wonderful turns from Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson as Olive's parents. The whole family unit works a treat..and you can completely believe that they have brought up this sharply intelligent, independent girl.
½ July 7, 2017
Engrašado, inteligente e ousado! Emma Stone Ú maravilhosa. ?
July 4, 2017
Easy A is based on a young teen who fakes loosing her virginity and the rumor changing what others think of her! Emma Stone did an amazing job in this movie and the writing was hysterical! It is so surprising that this was one of Emma's first movies because she nailed her performance! You will fall in love with the perfect girls night out movie and Emma stone will blow you away!
July 2, 2017
While it still is a teen comedy, it has enough hear and brains to deferentiate itself from other dumbass teen films. And, while it ain't the most hilarious film I've ever seen, you may just get a few chuckles out of this one. And there couldn't have been a better cast choice than Emma Stone as Olive, she's terrific and I felt like there was some references and inspirations from older teen films. Good movie and recommended
½ June 27, 2017
Emma Stone... that is all
June 26, 2017
Loved it! Perfect blend of teen satire, teen drama, and teen romance
June 19, 2017
Remember when Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson became ALL our parents for 92 minutes? What a glorious time...
June 11, 2017
Pretty far removed from my wheelhouse, but Emma Stone makes for such a great lead, the banter-y dialogue given to the adult roles (most masterfully spoken by Stanley Tucci) is so hilarious, and the story flows so naturally from A to B to C that you can't stop for long enough to question the flaws while you're watching it, that there was no way I couldn't at least give Easy A a passing grade (no pun intended).
½ June 7, 2017
Easy A - a very cute, current and cleverly-written take on The Scarlet Letter with a twist - charming Emma Stone only pretends to sleep with her nerdy classmates to help boost their reputations... at the expense of hers. Patricia Clarkson steals the show as her very cool and funny mom in a movie filled with clever moments. Easy A gets an A.
June 1, 2017
This could be a tragic drama - maybe that's why it's a great funny and intelligent movie
½ May 13, 2017
As a teenager it did capture my mind. Objectively, Emma Stone was outstanding among a bunch of ya movies.
April 25, 2017
Funny comedy. Emma Stone is good.
April 16, 2017
Easy A benefits from Emma Stone and some snappy dialogue, but its problematic messages and stereotypes make it difficult to take seriously.
March 31, 2017
I actually hated this novie the first 30 min. of it. I legit thought about abandoning it. And than it just started getting better and better. In the end I actually had a huge grin on my face.. It was a fun enjoyable movie. Not exactly original and the first 30 min or so I found annoying, but it was a good movie to watch.
March 25, 2017
Funny movie. Excellent script. A star is born in Stone. And a star falls in Bynes.
March 22, 2017
In a way, it's light for a dark comedy (mostly because it's PG-13, and it's dark because a lot of weird crap is happening)

It is an awesome movie and hilarious...
February 16, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie
January 25, 2017
Funny, interesting, and charming throughout the entirety of the film. This is truly Emma Stone's big breakout to stardom, and honestly, can't complain.
January 14, 2017
While Easy A relies heavily on Emma Stone's presence to drive the film forward, that is precisely why the movie works so well. It is one of the better High School centered films in years.
December 30, 2016
The story of a girl who lies about losing her virginity to her whole school, Easy A is a smart, well written story with a humorous performance from Emma Stone but has some flaws as well. Starting with the fact that Emma Stone looks way to old to be a high school student and the dramatic teacher- student relationships throughout, Easy A really pushes the audiences suspension of belief. But between it's comedic scenarios, rumors spiraling out of control, and the diverse family centered around Olive Penderghast (Stone), Easy A Is a amusing, mature film to watch.