Easy A - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Easy A Reviews

April 16, 2017
Easy A benefits from Emma Stone and some snappy dialogue, but its problematic messages and stereotypes make it difficult to take seriously.
March 31, 2017
I actually hated this novie the first 30 min. of it. I legit thought about abandoning it. And than it just started getting better and better. In the end I actually had a huge grin on my face.. It was a fun enjoyable movie. Not exactly original and the first 30 min or so I found annoying, but it was a good movie to watch.
March 25, 2017
Funny movie. Excellent script. A star is born in Stone. And a star falls in Bynes.
March 22, 2017
In a way, it's light for a dark comedy (mostly because it's PG-13, and it's dark because a lot of weird crap is happening)

It is an awesome movie and hilarious...
February 16, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie
January 25, 2017
Funny, interesting, and charming throughout the entirety of the film. This is truly Emma Stone's big breakout to stardom, and honestly, can't complain.
January 14, 2017
While Easy A relies heavily on Emma Stone's presence to drive the film forward, that is precisely why the movie works so well. It is one of the better High School centered films in years.
December 30, 2016
The story of a girl who lies about losing her virginity to her whole school, Easy A is a smart, well written story with a humorous performance from Emma Stone but has some flaws as well. Starting with the fact that Emma Stone looks way to old to be a high school student and the dramatic teacher- student relationships throughout, Easy A really pushes the audiences suspension of belief. But between it's comedic scenarios, rumors spiraling out of control, and the diverse family centered around Olive Penderghast (Stone), Easy A Is a amusing, mature film to watch.
December 8, 2016
The title says pretty much how I feel about the movie. Great acting and a smart and literate script. This movie has caused some people I know to go back and read The Scarlet Letter, the center piece of the story. On Blu-ray.
December 2, 2016
Great movie. I've watched it several times. Funny, heartwarming, great story, and even has a positive message.
November 28, 2016
This is one of my top favs since it came out.....the overall plot mixed with comedy and true to life worries that a teenager deals with makes it a great heartfelt but funny movie
November 27, 2016
A very stupid film, which spoofes the tragedy of real bullying. In addition: characters drawn to grimaces, which underlines the missing message of the film.
October 27, 2016
I like Emma Stone, lisp and all, and she's fun in this, but this is a spectacularly out of touch movie about teens with some jokes that are about twenty years too late (there seems to be only one gay kid in the school, which is in California, and kids call him "a homo" and all hate him for being "a homo"...) and the whole idea that 17-year-olds care whether or not a random girl loses her virginity or not is ridiculous. It gets whispered for about three minutes and then is never mentioned again because everyone loses their virginity at 17, geez. I think what really frustrates me are the attempts to allude to The Scarlet Letter without every actually discussing the real message in that book. Her parents are too concerned with being totally hip and chillaxed that they don't think much of their daughter getting detention or sewing the symbol for adultery to her sexy new wardrobe choices. And the Huck Finn references were all weird, and totally outdated, and just no. The writer clearly has no idea what it's like to be un unpopular teenaged girl, so I don't know why he felt he needed to try writing for one. But I do love Emma Stone. Anyone else would have sunk this ship.
October 22, 2016
With some of my favorite actors, I'm anazed that this movie snuck by me when it was in the theaters 6 years ago!
October 16, 2016
You cannot not love Emma Stone.
Positives: Emma Stone carrying it all.
Negatives: Clichéd
September 21, 2016
somewhere i read that this was supposed to be like a present day scarlet letter. i didn't see too much resemblance...
September 16, 2016
Way better than Mean Girls...although I hate to compare the incomparable. Emma Stone's acting is so spot on that it seems genuinely authentic and believable. Very witty for a teen comedy.
September 15, 2016
What a fun movie! It's a modern twist on the book we all read in high school: the scarlet letter. Emma stone carries it very well and I love the assortment of familiar cast members including Amanda Bynes. It's definitely got some language but I love the humor, I love the high school setting, I love how defiant Emma is, and I enjoyed the ending.
September 5, 2016
Excellent movie. My only problem was Lisa Kudrow. She is such a horrible actress and her characters are always the same. Fortunately, she isnt in the movie enough to ruin it. Emma Stone and Thomas Haden Church were both fantastic in their respective roles.
August 26, 2016
There definitely is a lot of enjoyment to be had in this movie. I love Emma stone and I think she did a pretty good job in this film.