The Egg and I Reviews

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Apr 08, 2018

This is one of my favorite "go to" movies for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Grab a blanket and a dog and a pot of tea for some light-hearted and innocent vintage style fun.

• Jan 23, 2016

The Birth of he Kettle Clan, courtesy of Fred & Claudette. This may also have indirectly spawned several TV series like Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, and The Beverly Hillbillies.

• Oct 24, 2015

My all time favorite Movie, I watch this movie several times per year. A true classical family movie. They don't make them like this anymore, I would vote 10 stars for this movie if I could.

• Jul 24, 2015

Hilarious. One of the best films with the Colbert-MacMurray pairing.

Hilarious. One of the best films with the Colbert-MacMurray pairing.

• Jan 10, 2014

Dreadfully amusing, and rather light, which works in its favor, but is still only OK.

• Jun 24, 2013

Introduces the Ma and Pa Kettle characters

Introduces the Ma and Pa Kettle characters

• Jun 09, 2013

Great old movie!! It's the basis for the tv show "green acres". And it's the first appearance of "Ma and Pa kettle!!!!

• Mar 17, 2013

Claudette Colbert and Fred McMurray are great!

Claudette Colbert and Fred McMurray are great!

• Sep 27, 2012

A cute heartwarming tale of city slickers who travel to the country and take over a run down Egg Farm. Although corny & sentimental it's a fun film that actually launched Ma & Pa Kettel who went on to make another 9 films very few which are good. Filled with many cliches & static dialogue it still seems to be watchable & enjoyable. Interesting to see all the devices & home interiors of the yesteryears, it's a family film with a bit of heart. Well worth a see...