Eklavya - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eklavya Reviews

September 12, 2014
Some amaing acting byba powerful cast. Story was good too!!
½ October 7, 2013
A complete one man show. the one and only AMITABH BACHCHAN steals the show.
August 14, 2013
I am going to pass on this one.
October 27, 2012
A hard-hitting movie by Vidhu Vinod Chopra as a director!
½ January 19, 2012
love Amitabh Bachchan's acting
½ November 24, 2011
EXCELLENT movie that was well-acted by everyone!!
½ September 8, 2011
I really liked the story, the cinematography and acting. It's not just another bollywood romance flick... [I wanted to say this the day when I watched this movie, but It was certified flop at that time, thanks rotten tometoes]
½ June 21, 2010
Good Movie....!!! \m/
½ May 16, 2010
I was surprised by the quality of this movie. Good story & good execution.
½ March 23, 2009
I had some great expectations for this one. I waited quiet a bit to see this one and I was thoroughly disappointed. I must admit he movie is beautifully shot and exudes technical brilliance, but the script was such a let down.

Some parts felt so amateurish and some scenes felt too forced. The performances on the whole were brilliant. Sanjay Dutt was wasted in his blink and miss role. I love VVC and its great that hes back directing movies but I hope the next work has a tighter script.
March 6, 2009
Beautiful. As the Netflix description said...very Shakespearean in tone (heck, there's even one of the Bard's sonnets recited towards the beginning). Saif is great (and as handsome as usual). I got the pleasant surprise of finding Sanjay Dutt (from Munna Bhai) in this (he wasn't listed on the Netflix page to my recollection)...he's great as a local sheriff who helps oversee the village.
January 31, 2009
oh wow an absolute pleasure to watch! this is a soothing Bolly-movie, with sweet and mesmerizing images, dreamy music, great actors and the perfect touch of Indian romanticism. I found interesting dichotomies: old and young, traditional and modern, idealistic and realistic, and the most fascinating of all were the grim of death versus the joy of relationship restoration... if you know what I mean.. Technically this is short, less musical (no dancing) but with pearls of bolly drama just to make sure you are still watching a Bollywood movie.
½ January 12, 2009
Here's an interesting movie about a young prince who is forced to return home after the death of his mother. He comes to terms with responsibilities and the truth about his real father. As he tries to put life back on track, he realizes that he needs his father more than ever despite that he is a servant, a royal guard to the king. For this father, a man who holds his duty sacred but also wishes to know his true children, Nandini and Harsh. Great cast- Saif Ali Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Vidya Balan, Jackie Shroff, Jimmy Shergill, Sanjay Dutt, and Sharmila Tagore. Good music. Great movie by Vidhu Vinod Chora. Fantastic cinematography. Worth seeing!
December 14, 2008
I really enjoyed this film. It feels like a re-imagining of Hamlet with a slightly happier ending. Saif is good in this and Amitabh is his usual amazing self.
October 27, 2008
I am so glad that people in bollywood are making movies like these. First and foremost three cheers for Mr. Chopra for giving Indian Cinema a movie like Eklavya. And three cheers for Mr. Bachchan for portraying a role like Eklavya. Itâ??s because of him that this entire movie has so much life and energy.
Itâ??s your no nonsense, lets get on with it kindda movie, where Mr. Chopra doesnâ??t drag the movie unnecessarily for three hours. He believes that the story can be told in one and a half hour and only one song. And it has the same effect a three hour movie would have and it doesnâ??t seem like time is dragging.
Go watch this movie for the story and the script. Watch it for all the actors who have done a fine job (Mr. Bachchan, Saif, Bomon, Jackie, Jimmy, Vidya and Mrs Tagore). Go watch it because its the cinematic experience you donâ??t wanna miss.
½ October 19, 2008
Really nice film. the film has everything a big palace, royal guard, secretes, treason, murder and above all the prince is Saif Ali Khan
September 13, 2008
Eklavya - The Royal Guard is a clear example of India's finest director, Vidhu Vinod Chopra's brilliance.
The colours, camera angles, lighting is all brilliant.
Coming to performances, it is Amitabh Bachchan's, Jackie shroff, and Saif Ali khan's best performances.

In one word, a very well deserving movie, and needs to be watched by every person, who wants intelligence in his movies.
August 9, 2008
Seriously, WTF? Raima Sen is cute though.
August 6, 2008
Great ending, but it's really hard plodding through until then. Mostly boring.
½ July 18, 2008
gives new meaning to "le roi et mort, vive le roi!" just the right combo of my girly side (rajasthan classism and uber-ornate architecture) and, well, liberal use of the royal dagger - must see for the Beyond Bollywood types!