Elysium Reviews

• Mar 20, 2020

Other movies have been made better for this genre and with this societal message. However, it is still worth the watch as long as you are nt trying to compare it tp those other movies.

• Mar 12, 2020

This movie doesn't get enough credit for what it's worth. Niell Blomkamp has made an exceptional sci-fi thriller. Matt Damon steals the whole show as this man who becomes a cyborg in order to keep living. The visual effects, action and thematic elements ever present in this film are also fantastic. See this movie if you have not.

• Feb 10, 2020

Very cliche and annoying characters

Very cliche and annoying characters

• Feb 07, 2020

I remember Neill Blomkamp stating that he had this screenplay in a drawer and when he had the opportunity to make his next movie, he pulled it out and made this; and it very much feels like a script you write in film school and hope to one day make, but mercifully you outgrow rote sci-fi cliches and pithy and obvious commentary. Elysium is a very very well directed boring piece of dreck. Blomkamp's technical abilities, stunning and seamless VFX and Matt Damon and Sharlto Copley's dedicated performances all serve to elevate what is essentially a eurotrashy scifi B-movie. The world is well realised and the action sequences exciting but there are too many lazy holes in the logic of the world and too many contrivances and awkward machinations to make it a very enjoyable watch.

• Feb 01, 2020

I love how the special effects and the deception of the future looks so realistic. One of the best sci-fi I've seen

• Jan 10, 2020

This is a great film, with enough extra-techy sci fi action for any fan. The villains are bad, the heroes are flawed, and have consequential decisions to make throughout. The casual brutality of the portrayed society is no fiction, but a stern reflection on today's society, only with many of the worst practices having caught up with those who presently think are in a "safe middle class". This can be watched as a great piece of entertainment, as a morality tale, or as both, and works in all cases.

• Nov 17, 2019

The movie is a good drama but even more, it is a prognosticator of where the 1 percenters are taking us.

• Nov 14, 2019

Brilliant movie! Future seems more realistic than ever in this grimy movie.

Brilliant movie! Future seems more realistic than ever in this grimy movie.

• Nov 02, 2019

I think this movie is very good and under appreciated amongst all these other films such as Alien, Star Wars, etc.

• Oct 27, 2019

A cyberpunk master study.

A cyberpunk master study.