Fakin' Da Funk Reviews

• Sep 01, 2015

Phenomenal movie. I heard this was ahead of it's time - before 'Rush Hour'. I saw this on USA Networks - best movie of 1999

• Jul 22, 2010

Adorable movie. At times cheesy, a little corny, but sweet and without missing the point. Dante Basco is clearly "down with the brown" in this 90s "erase the color lines" film about a Chinese boy adopted by black parents who eventually move from Atlanta to South Central. Hilarity, of course, ensues. A second story involves a Chinese exchange student (played by the comic Margaret Cho) gets sent to the "wrong hood" and is taken in by a black family as well, played by John Witherspoon (Boondocks), Nell Carter, and Tichina Arnold (Everybody Hates Chris). I enjoyed it. I'm a fan of these kinds of flicks, especially the comedy. It was also a trip seeing various known black actors in their youths, like Duane Martin and Reynaldo Rey. If you're bored and looking for a cute, funny popcorn movie to bide your time, check it out.

• Remi L Super Reviewer
    Jul 22, 2010

• Oct 17, 2009

It's about accepting people for who they are

It's about accepting people for who they are

• Jun 17, 2008

don't know the number of times i watched this movie, i watched it so much my brother threatened to destroy the vcr if he sees me watching it again. if u haven't seen it...golook for it.

• Jan 10, 2008

Interesting movie showing what "culture" really means...

Interesting movie showing what "culture" really means...

• Dec 29, 2007

I personally enjoyed the storyline of a Chinese-looking kid honestly identifying as Black-American because he was raised in the 'Hood. The movie itself I think would be rated 3 stars if shown on TV. Decent acting, script, etc. Nothing award winning, but I'm glad the film was made.

• Nov 08, 2007

Asian kid adopted by a black family that moves to Compton = formula for a good movie. Add Ernie Hudson (the 4th Ghostbuster) to the mix, and it's a GREAT movie.

• Feb 24, 2006