Reviews

• Jan 16, 2022

Simply Spellbinding!

Simply Spellbinding!

• Dec 08, 2021

Some people call Fantasia 2000 inferior to its predecessor, but I found it to be quite as good as the original.

• Dec 07, 2021

It's hard to form an opinion since the point is just to show people's talents in art and music, but the visuals and music weren't even as interesting as in the original.

• Nov 29, 2021

I mean, I guess I liked it a bit more than the original but this whole gimmick does nothing for me.

• Nov 14, 2021

After the success of the home video release of the 1940 Fantasia, Disney decided to do a sequel sixty years after the first. Once again the animators took classical music and added animated visuals in seven separated segments. Each segment is introduced by a different celebrity. Most of the shorts are brilliantly animated. Ones that stand out for me are the Pines of Rome and Firebird Suite shorts. The Pomp and Circumstance short with Donald Duck as Noah is fun as well. This movie also features the Sorcerer's Apprentice short from the original movie. The short that didn't work for me was The Carnival of Animals. The classical piece by Camille Saint-Saëns is a group of short songs each about a different animal. The final one is a combination of those songs and that is the one they used in the film. Instead of putting on screen what the composer was intending the listener to see, they create a slapstick comedy about a flamingo with a yo-yo. The introductions to the shorts are also a mixed bag, from sincere, to well intended, to cringe worthy comedy. There is some good stuff here, but if you didn't like the first movie then you will not enjoy this one.

• Jun 27, 2021

Fofo, quase tão fofo quanto o anterior, muitas imagens e musicas, baleias voadoras (!?!?!?), retiro, a continuação foi bem chatinha, e não tão interessante que a anterior, extenuante... Mas com muitas imagens belas e fofinhas, mas não faz meu estilo musical para dormir...

• May 04, 2021

To be completely honest, I'm not really the biggest fan of "Fantasia." I think it is a revolutionary movie for its time and shows how music can create moods and tell a story which is fascinating but at most the classic movie is just okay. "Fantasia 2000" is more of the same with some newer animation and a movie I liked about the same amount as the original. There are some memorable moments here and there is definitely more of a focus on telling stories as opposed to abstract imagery in this one, and it is also an extremely short movie, so I think it is paced a bit better. Overall, I think both of these movies are unique ways to tell many unique animated stories, and fans of animation and/or classical music should check them out.

• Apr 23, 2021

Funnier & shorter than the longest animated Disney classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funnier & shorter than the longest animated Disney classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Apr 04, 2021

While it doesn't live up to the original with a shorter runtime and too many cameos but it's still have breathtaking animation and music

• Mar 24, 2021

I really wanna give this film a positive review. The animation— its gorgeous. For it's time, for kids, for any lover of art. And I'll also add that the humor in the movie works pretty well. I just wish some of the segments had a little more to them, and I thought the film could've been longer. 6.95/10, C+