Fantasia 2000 Reviews

• Dec 15, 2020

I just had a viewing of this movie for the first time in possibly 10 years, and it remains a very valiant effort. The segments are very enjoyable, and I wish the overall peace could be a little longer, closer to the two hours of the original Fantasia. I would like to see them continue with Walt Disney‘s dream, and add additional segments, at any given time.

• Dec 07, 2020

What has Disney Done? They took their classic Fantasia Original which is a five star animation and turned it into a horrible movie, with pink, white, light blue, Orange and every type of color you hate and made this movie.

• Oct 18, 2020

I like it i do its just it isn't like the 40s one

I like it i do its just it isn't like the 40s one

• Sep 08, 2020

Loud. Obnoxious. Pointless. Stupid. These are the four words that best describe this so-called "masterpiece". The animated sequences are complete garbage. The original "Fantasia" is not great. This takes "not great" to new extremes.

• Sep 05, 2020

It's short, nice and the music is great, the problem is that it feels just like Fantasia and does not bring something new.

• Jul 31, 2020

I love it sm! I've been watching this ever since I was really little! And the music, my god is it fantastic!

• Jul 21, 2020

One of my favorite Disney sequels to be considered my second personal icon for classical music.

• Jul 05, 2020

Disney at their strangest. Disney's animated musical Fantasia 2000 (1999) feels like a lazy cash grab at profiting off of Walt Disney's classic Fantasia (1940) without contributing anything new or innovative this time. Disney's Fantasia invented the music video format with experimental hand drawn animation that beautifully evokes emotions with boundless imagination. The vast creativity of Fantasia is gone for rudimentary animation that happens to have a few neat segments. I like the flying whales and Rhapsody in Blue portions of Fantasia 2000. The firebird finale is pretty good, but much like the rest of Fantasia 2000, Disney rips themselves off by recreating Night on Bald Mountain to an extent with hints of Princess Mononoke. If you doubt Disney getting lazy, Fantasia 2000 just reuses The Sorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia with no changes. I kind of hate this movie besides the few scenes that work. Fantasia 2000 makes many weird choices like animating Noah's Ark with Donald Duck, but set to Pomp and Circumstance. You read that right. What were they thinking? Nothing makes sense when they awkwardly switch from average hand drawn animation to ugly computer drawn art. Fantasia 2000 is an easy skip. I don't know if it's even worth watching as a few good scenes does not make a good movie. Fantasia 2000 is a mess with opening narrators ranging from Angela Lansbury to Steve Martin. I just don't think it lives up to the artistic merits of Fantasia at all.

• Jul 02, 2020

It's like the original, if you are a fan this is great if not it is forgettable.

• Apr 15, 2020

It provides an entertaining experience for adults and children alike.

It provides an entertaining experience for adults and children alike.