Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

March 24, 2019
boring. put me to sleep
March 23, 2019
Spoiler alert**

I was very disappointed in the clear intention to set this movie up as a two part event. That being said, the art direction, story, and overall production are top class. ItÔ(TM)s hard to find a fantasy story better produced than the HP world these days. Frustrated to have to wait for part two (but thatÔ(TM)s a good thing I suppose)!
March 23, 2019
It lost me.
I struggled to keep up and pay attention I persisted, as I am hopeful for the third instalment. I thought I might need the details from this movie to enjoy the next one.
Pimple popping brought me more suspense and interest than any of the revelations in this movie.
Johnny Depp´┐ 1/2(TM)s & Jude Law´┐ 1/2(TM)s talents seemed wasted.
Depp fails at being dark, ominous or powerful. He looked really bored and solely relied on his albino-like makeup to make himself scary. Disappointingly, Depp is a flimsy cardboard cutout compared to Alan Rickman or Ralph Fiennes at being a wicked baddy
Jude Law only succeeds at barely looking handsome.
I hope both offer more or get better in the next movie. Please. Please.
½ March 23, 2019
By casting Johnny Depp, WB has complicit part of a system that allows the repeated rewarding of abusive men in the face of overwhelming evidence. He is a drunk, abusive, has´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2´┐ 1/2 1/2´┐ 1/2┬?been who has ruined this series for me. They need to recast for movie 3. I refused to pay to see 2 in theaters amd refused to buy the movie because of him. i had to wait until it came out on DVD and then borrowed it from a friend. Shame on JK and WB.
March 22, 2019
It felt disconnected and hollow at best. I didn't like the first one either but at least it had some cute creatures and all. This one was just empty with a bunch of good actors.
March 22, 2019
it's hard for me to see this is that much worse than the first movie. but i went into it unenthusiastically, and i lost interest within the first 10 minutes. half-paid attention for the rest of the movie with most of it on fast speed. the "cool" magic stuff really isn't for me. i could tell some of the CGI was amazing, but it didn't please me like it does in so many other movies. this series is outside of my taste range. it may also be a bad movie, but i didn't give it enough of a chance to say that confidently (1 viewing)
March 22, 2019
it was boring, predictable, i dont understand why they would make it!
"There is no movie, only exposition" - Dana Barrett
½ March 22, 2019
Just plain BORING. Loved the first one. Hated this.
½ March 22, 2019
Rowling delivers yet another horrible attempt to milk as much money as she can.
March 21, 2019
I have to be honest i forced myself to watch this twice. Hoping i missed something that would make me like it more. Yeah No didnt work out. Although Ezra Miller is better looking. He has much better lighting in this one. Also, in the scene right before he encounters Jacob & Queeny. Hes obvi in the case but never entered it. Too Confusing smh
March 21, 2019
I found myself rather confused during the first portion of the movie. I think all characters did a phenomenal job acting, the mystery behind Credence is intriguing however the pace and flow of the movie felt strange.
March 20, 2019
Spoiler Alert: This "film" is beyond bad, details follow: The only crime is the so called "filmaking" that went into this visual tour de numbness. It moves at a glacial pace, when it actually does move and it makes no sense at any point, especially the "big" reveal at the end. The insistience on using four scenes each with thirty two camera angles to advance the narrative about three feet makes it exhausting to watch which is convienient because you will fall asleep repeatedly trying to make it to the end. Everyone, and I mean craft services and key grips to Rowling herself should be embarrased to have their names in the credits. Incoherent plot lines that go nowhere, unrequited love at every turn and just for fun, two different ways to commit infantcide. Fun for the whole family. You would think Cuomo and his buddies were sponsors of this film. Funny how the cast says the villian is Trump when the NY Dems actually made the worst crimes depicted in the movie legal in real life. Hmmmm, maybe Rowling should leave the SJW aspects out and concentrate on telling a good story like she used to do.
½ March 20, 2019
The story is confusing and seams very retcon'd but it is an enjoyable ride.
March 20, 2019
The movie decently leaves you wondering what is going to happened next, adds to many new faces and has a few peaces that need to be explained. But it is an in between movie so honesty if you look at an other "build up movie" that is how they are. Critics and fans a like seem to love them less because of this. However for what it is, this movie is beautiful. Setting the stage is never an easy task, still this movie sets things up so that you have the chance to get a feel for the important people. Witch is where I feel a lot of others fail. It is honestly sad to see such low ratings for it. They seem to focus on the possible plot holes before waiting to see if they actually are. Witch we will see in the next movie. I think then the movie will "make more sence" and the reviews may be better. Yes, I am a manager Harry Potter fan, I love what J.K. has created however I do not like everything. The Cursed Child showed have never been made. I point this out just incase someone says I'm just giving a good review because it's from the story I love. I just ask that anyone looking at this movie keep in mind it is a middle movie and is supposed to leave a lot to question. If it didn't it would have to be the last movie.
March 19, 2019
Very disappointed. There was no major battle with Johnny Depp, the story was all over the place with unnecessary side stories of different characters. Some cool magic not alot and the end.
½ March 19, 2019
Special effects were good and I enjoyed the first film but this one one just confused me.
Ok family film.
March 19, 2019
The first movie was excellent, this was just another Harry Potter sequel which I was sick of after the 3rd one. A great opportunity missed.
½ March 18, 2019
Crimes of Grindelwald looks dazzling and has a bunch of great characters. However, with a convoluted story, none of that really matters. If Rowling doesn't turn things around now, the series could be tarnished forever. (1.5/5)
March 18, 2019
Watched it, not sure why I can only see ´┐ 1/2want to see´┐ 1/2┬? or ´┐ 1/2not ´┐ 1/2not interested´┐ 1/2┬? Pretty to look at but hard to follow. Best for fans of the series!