Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Reviews
What I hated about this movie:
- The pace: soooooo boring. Damn, I almost fell asleep again. Twice!
- The plot: One major flaw of the first movie was the characters. People generally liked Newt and Tina, but hated Queenie, Jacob and Creedance. In this movie, here we go again. 3/4 of the movie is dedicated to Creedance backstory and Jacob/Queenie "complicated" relationship.
- So many useless subplots: soooo many backstories, sooooo many red herrings.
- The acting: I didn't see Grindelwald. I saw Johnny Depp with a ton of makeup.
- Fanservice: Oh, god, the fanservice is so heavy in this one. The plot is so unnecessary convoluted, stretched and boring, they had to put a million references to the HP universe, so that people can be excited. "Look! It's the guy from HP" / "Look! It's that stuff from HP"...
In conclusion, the fantastic beasts saga is The Hobbit of Harry Potter. Boring prequels filled with streched boring plot and a ton of fanservice.
Didn't like the first Fantastic Beasts either. And yet I loved Harry Potter.