Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Reviews

• 10h ago

The most boring movie in the wizarding world movies

The most boring movie in the wizarding world movies

• 2d ago

Welcome to the Wizarding dark world.

Welcome to the Wizarding dark world.

• 2d ago

The plot is overstuffed. The tone is dark. The violence is brutal. Queenie who was sweet and funny in the original was dark and obsessive in this one.

• 4d ago

I actually thought it was better and more watchable than the first movie, but the series still has more things to work out. It's overcomplicated and doesn't have the same charm that the Harry Potter movies had. (First and only viewing - 7/29/2019)

• 5d ago

I rather liked this movie. I think it is one of those pivotal movies that sets up the plot for the rest of the stories to come. The only thing I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around is the final scene because it seems to disagree with the story as set out in the books. I'll take this magical world, any way that I can get it.

• 5d ago

The special effects were good, the plot was non-existent.

The special effects were good, the plot was non-existent.

• Aug 16, 2019

This movie had no structure, just a bunch of scenes mushed together in a bad way, with a lot of characters who you don't really care about. Lost everything that was good in the first one. The franchise has lost its magic. From not recasting Depp to 50 different archs, it is just a mess.

• Aug 16, 2019

I absolutely adore the movie.Thank you JK for making a beautifully written script with a diverse cast. Johnny Depp is phenomenal.

• Aug 11, 2019

As a big Harry Potter fan, I was very disappointed with this film. The writers tried way too hard to connect this movie to the other Harry Potter films; there were a good amount of random references that were probably not necessary. The storyline was very difficult to follow, and it had me confused. Most of the dialogue was poorly written and awkward at times. Although some of the creatures were unique in this one, most were ridiculous to look at. The main villain was Grindelwald, but he literally did nothing. I also thought Eddie Redmayne's character, Newt, should have had more of a role in the film. Lastly, the ending was horrific. If the ending was the halfway point, then maybe this movie would have scored better. Overall, I most likely would not recommend watching this film, especially if you are a Harry Potter fan.

• Aug 11, 2019