FAQs Reviews

• Mar 18, 2011

Funny and Dramatic. Is American Society still like this? If some kids are lucky to have someone like Destiny show up in their lives like India did I'm sure it isn't.

• Jan 20, 2010

A shoestring budget strings the stories of a few troubled youths together in the is movie about getting over the hate... or at least trying to. Where it succeeds is with the young fellas falling in love (or... something like that) and where it fails is with fleshing out some of the other characters like Lester (a lesbian who seems to have more of a story behind her than what is portrayed) and Destiny (the drag queen who comes to the rescue, shamefully neglected if I do say so myself.) Joe Lia, doe-eyed and innocent certainly turns in a good performance as do most of the others acting alongside him, yet the sop opera feel of the film does have a few eye-rolling moments that border on the edge of cheese. Stiil I can't deny the upbeat... if slightly abrupt... conclusion as it tries to pull everything together in a nice neat bow. The problem is it tries to wrap things up too neatly, particularly in regard to the two gay bashers. As much as the moment made me smile, it also made my mind do its own z-snap, sayin' "please."

• Jul 11, 2009

Not bad. Nothing more really could be said lol

Not bad. Nothing more really could be said lol

• May 03, 2009

Young people. Yeah. I love that. That brings a lot of energy in movies. Rebellious plot about taking your place in society, surviving or actually living in it. Unfortunately, acting is not really great and story isn't really complete, at least for me.

• Apr 07, 2009

So much potential...but ruined by lefty tortured fag victim hyperbole that distracts from what could have been a beautiful and empowering flick. If you are a dirty old queen you'll love the gratuitous nudity, as I did. The black drag queen was fabulous, but the movie didnt do justice to this character or this actor. As for, India, the lead hottie with precious lips and lisp... I hope to see more of him naked or not.

• Dec 01, 2008

some great melodrama. it would have been much better if they'd have blown away all the straights they wanted to.

• Sunil J Super Reviewer
    Oct 19, 2008

One of those independent gay films that take place in a dark place where gay people are this gang that has to look out for eachother because the straights are out to get them. Usually I can't stand them but this was alright.

• Jan 29, 2008

A very beautigul, very raw film. Lots of gorgous charecter, and structral contrasts. Everett Lewis= genious

• Dec 05, 2007

Amazing movie, I watched it for days in a row after renting. I admit the writing isn't the best, but the storyline and visual aspects are more than enough to compensate in my opinion.

• Nov 28, 2007

Faulty, but very enjoyable.

Faulty, but very enjoyable.