Fast Five - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Five Reviews

July 18, 2017
One of my favourite Fast and Furious movies
July 11, 2017
Really terrible film. Fast and Furious is cinema cancer.
June 27, 2017
Fast and furious indeed. Fast paced, filled with action, and a kick of comedy.

It's best to watch the previous installments beforehand, but it's not needed.
June 22, 2017
Totally awesome. And the addition of the Rock so perfect. Outstanding action. The train sequence was inspired, as was the vault sequence at the end. And, hold the phone, Letty is alive?! Damn!
½ June 16, 2017
After only a decade Universal finds the perfect balance of action, humor, and self-awareness to make the first Fast and Furious film who embraces its ridiculous aspect and ride it into the fun trash territory that it belongs.
½ June 11, 2017
Filled with thrilling, over-the-top action, and a decent story to boot, Fast Five improves on the previous entries in the franchise in spectacular fashion.
June 9, 2017
Michelle Rodriguez is alive ??? Wtf :)) Definitely the best Fast&Furious Movie that was ever made !!!
½ June 1, 2017
Fast Five takes the Fast and Furious franchise in a new direction with a story and characters that are actually interesting enough to fill in between the action and has pretty cool action scenes that sometimes disobey the laws of physics like a boss.
May 25, 2017
Fun well paced fast 5 takes new direction making this film not just about fast cars but about effective team work by addition family and in effect a heist film with smart strategy and brains as well as plenty of stunts and action along for the ride making this a superior instalment to the long running fast car franchise
½ May 18, 2017
Fast five is a pretty good movie, it's very entertaining and very fun
½ May 15, 2017
Succeeding as an excellent heist film with a new and improved story-line that puts more emphasis on just accepting that it's a dumb and entertaining action film, Fast Five knew what it was, and set out to accomplish it shamelessly, and the result is the best film of the Fast and Furious franchise.
½ May 14, 2017
The first of the franchise to feature The Rock and perhaps this is one of the biggest reasons that it could be considered the best in the franchise. Fantastic action set pieces with a special mention to the train sequence near the beginning. I think the franchises best quality is its ability to hark back to past films whilst also allowing each film to be a jumping on point. Each film also feels like an escalation of the past film so although each becomes slightly more ridiculous it still feels part of the same universe.
½ May 10, 2017
A heist movie on steroids while simultaneously snort comically large mountains of cocaine. The gang returns in a fast paced, action packed and well written and acted film
The car action is great (that vault scene) and the chemistry between the cast is warm and familiar
The rock is a amazing addition to the cast and the fight scenes are really well shot
This is by far the best Fast and Furious film and is genuinely one of my favourite films all together. I really do love it
May 8, 2017
Upping the ante. So Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Brian O'Connor (Paul Walker) are lying low in Brazil after the events of the previous movies. The D.E.A. is closing in on them, so they decide to get the gang together one more time to pull a giant heist over on the crime kingpin of Rio de Janeiro, taking him down for all that he is worth. This movie was a turning point to be sure. If you look at the Fast and the Furious 1 - 4 (I'm not going to list all of the silly titles that this series is infamous for), each one of them at their core is still about street racing. This is where the series decided to go in a different direction and started to turn these characters into international spies and superheroes, and it gives the franchise the perfect injection that was needed. Now I personally like these movies, but I do realize that they are not for everybody. You have to just be looking for well executed spectacle and macho one-liners, but if that is what you are looking for in a blockbuster, the Fast and the Furious is a series that is always looking to one-up itself. I still have yet to see the Fate of the Furious and Tokyo Drift, but Fast Five is my favorite so far. It is really the point where they left the racing in the rear view and started doing something more, and I love the set pieces to this. The train sequence that this leads off with is excellent and underrated, and it still looks good six years later. There is a lot more build up to Fast Five than just straight up exhilaration, and I am perfectly fine with that, because the vault finale is spectacular, regardless of the preposterous physics. I think it is the best sequence of the series, and it still gets the tip of my hat all of these years later. This is such testosterone infused fun, it is hard to imagine somebody having a bad time with it, apart from the audience that watches exclusively Masterpiece Theatre. It is over the top, but hey, that is simply the evolution of the series. The heist aspect just makes this more fun, and along with the Rock playing the manliest character ever written, it is just what the doctor ordered. The Fast and the Furious is probably the most diverse franchise out there, and ever since this installment, I have been 100% on board.
½ May 7, 2017
The Rock perspires quite a bit.
May 2, 2017
Fun and entertaining, a good action flick. Some of the action sequences were over the top but they were still entertaining.
½ April 24, 2017
The Fast and the Furious series somehow just got better! "Fast Five" is exciting, brainless fun!
April 21, 2017
Fast Five was the point in the franchise where the movies started to get better. This is the one that did everything right. It really gave this series hope. So after the team breaks Dom out of jail, they hide out in Rio. They are being hunted down by a team lead by Luke Hobbs. (Dwayne Johnson) So now, they must preform a heist to get the money and earn their freedom. Like what I said before, this movie is the highest the franchise has to offer. It had the most inventive story by-far, and it was the best decision to bring The Rock in. The movie of-course, has well choreographed car chases and action scenes, but this film perfectly blended them together, making a reasonable ratio of story, to action. Which makes it a truly good film.
Over all, Fast Five was a really good time. The best in the franchise. 5/5 stars
½ April 19, 2017
Better than all previous movies (except the 1st) but still has much to be desired... that the future entries will pick up on.