Fast Five - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Five Reviews

March 24, 2017
Fun well paced fast 5 takes new direction making this film not just about fast cars but about effective team work family and in effect a heist film with plenty of stunts and action along for the ride
½ March 16, 2017
Another one last ride
March 6, 2017
Relishes in it's ridiculousness. A super fun and loud action flick.
½ February 24, 2017
Maybe more like a 6.25. It was exactly what I expected it to be
February 21, 2017
The best in the series, a damn good heist film.
February 11, 2017
Hobs vs dom was spectacular and the ending sequence was great
½ February 3, 2017
For anyone wanting a PG-13 action flick but ain't interested in superheroes, Fast Five has got that in spades, with just as much as destruction and hairball cheesiness, and a bit less impossibility. The mindless action is always front and center, yet there's plenty of realness to keep the film from collapsing on its own muscle mass. Each character injects much light into this film, from Roman and Tej's budding bromance to Han and Gisele's budding romance. Plus The Rock being Vin Diesel's foil? Oh, you know it's about to get real! Justin Lin seems to balance what's all in the family with the trouble they cause along the way. While many write off the Fast and Furious franchise as glorifying traffic violations, this installment will have some people embrace the film's absurdity.
January 19, 2017
in the "I've seen most of the others so I might as well watch this" category
January 10, 2017
This is my personal favorite of the franchise. The cast works well together and the Rock fit in well with an already established group. I think the series benefitted by adding The Rock. Yes, it's an absurd, over the top action / heist movie with a lot of crazy stunts, but it wouldn't be a Fast & Furious movie otherwise. I loved the vault scene at the end. One of my favorite action movies.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
This movie comes across more like "The Italian job" than a car racing movie. More guns, grenades, and gratuitous violence. Better than it's predecessors. Racing: 7.5 / 10
December 15, 2016
I love this one because of vin diesel vs rock
December 7, 2016
My favorite in the trilogy. The movie is made by the final "vault" scene alone.
November 27, 2016
For me Dwayne Johnson really shook up this franchise with his presence
September 5, 2016
Mindless action, no real acting, generic storylines
August 31, 2016
This franchise couldn't have needed a more fresh breath of air than this gave it. Justin Lin and Dwayne Johnson both saved this franchise. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel turn in their usual bland performances, but Dwayne Johnson's Hobbs character is what the franchise needed as Paul Walker was never really that menacing as "the guy on the side of the law." Vast improvement over the 4th installment, although that's really not that high of a bar to jump over.
½ August 18, 2016
While its runtime has been accused of being too long by some, Fast Five manages to be a remarkable improvement over its 4 predecessors (not that means the films were very awful). The action sequences are amazing, the performances (especially from The Rock) are great and we should give kudos to Universal Pictures for their successful experiment to get the franchise to appeal to a wider audience (i.e. departing from street racing and becoming a film which combines elements of a heist film and an action film with cars). Also, the film has a couple of humourous moments as well so that the film never feels dark and gloomy.
August 16, 2016
Burro, mal atuado e explosivo em quantidade potencial pra ser o mais marcante da franquia, "Velozes e Furiosos 5" é diversão certeira para olhos e ouvidos. Para olhos e ouvidos.
July 30, 2016
Enjoyed it, great stunts as usual; good storyline; entertaining