Fatso Reviews

• Feb 25, 2019

Maybe you need to be either Italian, overweight, or both, to thoroughly enjoy this classic. Alternating between comedy and drama, the critical reviews don't do this film the justice it deserves. It's close to ranking right up there with "Moonstruck"!

• Jan 18, 2019

Not funny - wouldn't have been back then either

Not funny - wouldn't have been back then either

• Nov 26, 2018

I cannot believe this movie has not had better reviews over the years! As one who struggles with overeating I found it incredibly human; raw with sadness, hilarity, gluttony, self acceptance and rejection all at once! Of course I prefer this genre of humor, it may not be for everyone, but I found the film very enjoyable. Hats off to Bancroft, RIP.

• Oct 28, 2018

This is a charming film. Shot back in a time when stories were still possible and films were more than a series of jump cuts like some skateboard video for YouTube. Dom Typically was a comic actor and seeing him as a more complex character was really great. The problems people have with obesity are relevant now as they were then and this film show it beautifully.

• Feb 07, 2018

I'm a fan of Dom, but other than a couple good jokes, this was simply a poor effort.

• Apr 10, 2015

Most of the laughs are at not with Dominick even if it is one of Deluise's best work.

• May 22, 2013

anne bancroft directs this dark comedy

anne bancroft directs this dark comedy

• May 30, 2012

A great movie about one fat man learning to love himself

A great movie about one fat man learning to love himself

• Apr 13, 2012

This is one very funny movie. Anne Bancroft and Dom DeLuise were great together. But eat a full meal before watching to avoid raiding the refrigerator.

• Dec 10, 2011

I highly recommend the 1st half of this film, it has some incredibly funny scenes. However, like a second trip to the all you eat buffet table, I suggest you forego the second half which will leave you feeling bloated and sleepy.