Fled Reviews

• Oct 18, 2020

Fishburne and Baldwin are a riot together in this buddy action thriller that features a good cast and fairly decent story.

• Apr 22, 2020

I've watched some stunners, but for the life of me I can't figure out why people hate this movie. Fishburne and Baldwin both deliver acceptable, if not groundbreaking performances; the supporting cast of familiar faces make up a believable backdrop for their drama and the action is tight. Yes, there are enough ridiculous devices to knock it off the Oscar plate, but they've aged in a way that make it campy and nostalgic. From the absurdly illogical computer-hacking nonsense to the "stripper with a heart of gold" trope, you'll notice that Salma Hayek falls in love with Fishburne during only 3 scenes together and say, "when did that happen? But, alright, it isn't super important." I admire the filmmaker's willingness to take a bite out of several genres - this movie is part prison drama, part chase flick, part mob piece and part "modern-day" computer hacking movie. The script referencing old movies, even "The Fugitive" released not even 3 years earlier, is an homage to its own attempt to cover 16 bases at once. Yes, you've seen a movie where a government agent is secretly working for the bad guy. Yes, you've seen a buddy cop film. Yes, you've seen a crazy 90s movie that makes claims about computers and satellites that are barely practical today. Yes, you've seen police dramas. But you haven't seen "Fled" yet, and this movie does all of those things pretty well. Go Baldwin family!

• Oct 14, 2017

Four stars hands down! Terrific performance Mr. Laurence Fishburne!

Four stars hands down! Terrific performance Mr. Laurence Fishburne!

• Apr 28, 2015

Even mindless entertainment takes umbridge with this crap.

Even mindless entertainment takes umbridge with this crap.

• Mar 17, 2014

Not too bad mindless action movie. I mainly watched it for Lawrence Fishburne was in it.

• Jan 26, 2014

A fun flick made all the more so due to a number of early appearances by recognizable actors (Hayek, Patton etc.)

• Aug 08, 2013

Hits the trifecta of bad writing, directing, and acting. Especially writing. Laurence Fishburne is actually decent. The rest of the film is pure crap.

• Oct 31, 2012

Absolutely awful movie

Absolutely awful movie

• Oct 21, 2012

Uma trama incoesa que tenta sem sucesso fornecer cenas de ação, há um toque de drama e comà (C)dia não muito eficaz.

• May 08, 2012

Gun fights, car chases, fights, comedy, you name it.

Gun fights, car chases, fights, comedy, you name it.